New Feature - Character Creation

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DirkGriffin
x4

New Feature - Character Creation

Post by DirkGriffin » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 11:30

Summery:
Implement a character creation in open universe game start.

Details:
Implementing a Menu screen where players can Switch between pre-existing faces as well as bodies (clothing), no need to implement facial manipulation and gear customization. just having the pre-existing NPC models available for players to choose from would be a big step. This can still be limited to the faction starts, when starting as a terran, only Terran models show up as options Likewise for the split and kingdoms end starts.

Currently player skin is controlled by /libraries/character_macros.xml
Dependent on the game start this is then linked by the <component ref="">
Personal Info for bug reports.
PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X Six-Core Processor; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060; RAM: 32 GB; Install HDD: Transend SSD; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Game Info:; Version: 7.00 Beta 529848
DLC: SV; COH; TOA; KE Mods: None
Signature updated: 2024-04-27

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: New Feature - Character Creation

Post by CBJ » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 11:39

The rules at the top of the Public Beta Feedback forum specifically state that that forum is not to be used for new feature suggestions. Moved to the main forum.

DirkGriffin
x4

Re: New Feature - Character Creation

Post by DirkGriffin » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 14:43

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 11:39
The rules at the top of the Public Beta Feedback forum specifically state that that forum is not to be used for new feature suggestions. Moved to the main forum.
Apologies, I forgot about this. thank you for moving this to the main forum rather than deleting the post. I appreciate you.
I read the rules every now and again and still manage to forget somethings . . . my mind is broken :doh: :cry:
Personal Info for bug reports.
PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X Six-Core Processor; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060; RAM: 32 GB; Install HDD: Transend SSD; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Game Info:; Version: 7.00 Beta 529848
DLC: SV; COH; TOA; KE Mods: None
Signature updated: 2024-04-27

Return to “X4: Foundations”