Khaak Full DLC idea

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Khaak Full DLC idea

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 18:50

I was thinking about what could be a fresh new kind of DLC/factions that would add something new to the game.

SInce we already ran out of main factions the Khaak DLC would be quite a new spin in X-Universe.

Lore wise we know that the Hive destroyed in X3 Final Fury wasn't the only Khaak hive, only the one that got connected to X-Universe.
There are other Khaak hives and they might not be outright hostile like X4 Khaak remnants.

My idea would be to have new playable Khaak Hive factions:
- full new ship set, weapons
- full new economy based around nividium
- (new feature) Khaak Hiveqeen Mothership (basically Khaak version of mobile HQ with some mining and ship production capability)
- (new feature - limited only to Khaak ships and limited range) jump drives
- while they are not outright hostile, they are Xenophobic, closed and secretive even more than Terrans
- existing X4 Khaak remnants becomes pirate/raider faction that might or might not be secretely supported by the new Hive

I think such new Khaak faction would bring very fresh and new dynamics to X4 universe.
However, it would probably be the most work intense DLC to date.

As25
x4

Re: Khaak Full DLC idea

Post by As25 » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 03:18

Playable khaak (as a race) wouldn't make sense. I wouldn't mind being able to use their ships like in x3 or them having more classes. The corvette was cool, but what I really miss is their capitals along with their invasions. Seeing them jumping into Argon Prime without taking gates and without warning was pretty fun.

I want more xenons too. Bring back the Q as a L class destroyer, and give xenons more wapons to use so they're not limited to their pathetic bolts. Imagine xenons swarms with anti capital weapons like torpedoes and plasma. Give them a unique strong anti fighter weapon as well. Something powerful, with low rate of fire, but huge damage per hit and high velocity, difficult to dodge. Make them deadly.

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 08:18

Saya Kho upload herself in software, now "it" cen be only kha or Xenon?
Wargasm

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 09:31

Would like more to be done with the Kha'ak, but don't think they should become a playable faction. Prefer them to always remain a mysterious & implacable enemy - a lot of that would be lost if they became just another faction from which the player can buy ships & station blueprints, etc. Would however very much like to see an expanded Kha'ak ship list, think at least they should get their capital ships back (have fond memories of being utterly terrified by them). Capability to cluster should also be restored if possible. Perhaps Kha'ak capitals could be composed of many smaller ships - forming up when they need to be able to deliver a heavy blow (e.g. to attack stations) & breaking apart again when the capital form sustains too much damage, or when enemy forces consist mostly of S/M ships.

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Fri, 5. Apr 24, 23:46

I love the fact of khaaks they just simply harassing universe and randomly spawning not bounded to anything just veird mysterious thing u always must be avare of

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 16:20

Caldari Navy wrote:
Fri, 5. Apr 24, 23:46
I love the fact of khaaks they just simply harassing universe and randomly spawning not bounded to anything just veird mysterious thing u always must be avare of
Yup.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 23:45

I would also like to see kha'ak become a real faction with sectors and stations using a nvidium based economy. Give them a carrier and some M ships. Have them invade sectors just like the Xenon or let them jump in with large fleets like president's end.

Could have there starting sector connected to boron space to give them someone to fight.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 02:20

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 24, 09:31
~ Capability to cluster should also be restored if possible. Perhaps Kha'ak capitals could be composed of many smaller ships - forming up when they need to be able to deliver a heavy blow (e.g. to attack stations) & breaking apart again when the capital form sustains too much damage, or when enemy forces consist mostly of S/M ships.
Oh yes, Kha'ak clusters early to mid game were something to be very wary of if at the time you didn't have a decent defence/fighting ability against them.
See them on the horizon, then you had to make a choice, can I take them out or would I be better leaving them without firing.
If you knew they would be best left alone, you got the hell out of there.
Clusters induced a need for clean underpants.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 02:52

If fleshing them out as a faction made it easier to cull their assets out of my miners for a longer duration that would almost be worth the price of a DLC by itself... though I can't honestly say I find them very interesting.
***modified***

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 21:41

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 24, 02:20
Oh yes, Kha'ak clusters early to mid game were something to be very wary of if at the time you didn't have a decent defence/fighting ability against them.
See them on the horizon, then you had to make a choice, can I take them out or would I be better leaving them without firing.
Agree completely as regards X2. Spent a lot of time running away from clusters, they were damn scary.
Had an entirely different approach in X3 however - I took to ramming them with an Elephant running on afterburners. Ship was so fast it could sneak up on a cluster & ram it to oblivion before it had a chance to properly separate. Found that an immensely satisfying form of revenge for all the trouble & distress they caused me in X2.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 22:06

Ramming ships in X³ was my main strategy. Why cheese endlessly spiral-of-death when you can just fly into your opponent and be done with it. All it takes is to have the better shielding :twisted:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 23:02

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 18:50
I was thinking about what could be a fresh new kind of DLC
Nothing says fresh DLC like focusing on a faction ostensibly destroyed two games ago and which are effectively space insects.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 23:47

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 24, 21:41
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 24, 02:20
Agree completely as regards X2. Spent a lot of time running away from clusters, they were damn scary.
Had an entirely different approach in X3 however - I took to ramming them with an Elephant running on afterburners. Ship was so fast it could sneak up on a cluster & ram it to oblivion before it had a chance to properly separate. Found that an immensely satisfying form of revenge for all the trouble & distress they caused me in X2.
Yep, I should have mentioned it was X2 The Threat. Probably the most memorable aspect of the game was those clusters when they came into detection range.

-------------------

I wholly support this topic because (besides wanting to put more money in the pockets of my favourite developers and increase their longevity as a prosperous company) I want that feeling back.

I'm currently testing v7 Beta 1, discovering the new sectors, and noticed there are a few Xenon Wharf/Shipyards sprinkled in there .. But my game has already obliterated anything Xenon related, and so the new sectors with 'potential' Xenon comebacks/growth are scuppered because there are no S ships to supply the recovery. So Xenon are still stuffed.

Kha'ak however have potential for comeback (in one sector I found), but with the current Kha'ak behaviour with regards to expansion .. they dont cause anything for concern.

I know there is the Existensial Crisis deisions to be made (if/when I have enough of a military presence to trigger it - Unlikely because I keep my overall fleets to as minimum as I can because of game performance considerations on a laptop) : So I think even with v7 Beta 1 installed, there is nothing up-coming that will induce that "Need new pants" feeling.

This DLC needs to be made ( Sorry Egosoft, more work needed to make us crap ourselves :D )

So yes, massive plus 1 from me. We need "OH CRAP!" moments.
And Nividium .. Why bother storing the stuff (apart from PHQ rare needs).

I know we have an existential crisis shock if we decide to go down that route and have the necessary military presence to initiate it .. But what if we dont?. We have a new Kha'ak Capital that sounds awesome in the "need clean underpants" department, but on my machine considering performance of the whole game .. I am never likely to trigger it.

Clusters were awesome.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Faptor
x4

Post by Faptor » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 04:30

Im pretty sure ive made a few posts about this on the steam forum.
I would love a Kha'ak DLC :D
Same for a Xenon DLC!

For Kha'ak and Xenon, id like to play as them. You start in a secluded sector and slowly have to take everything over or get to RP as one of the Hive/AI thats not hostile for whatever reason.
Maybe its all a big misunderstanding because some 8 foot tall, 3 eyed bugs in hairdryers started genociding your colony's and stealing your nvidium but after years of the community of planets leaving your gigantic hive complexes alone and allowing you to destroy all of their miners and undefended traders you realize they are trying to make peace?

In all seriousness, it would be really, really cool if the boron found out how to communicate with the kha'ak and made some type of peace deal.

For Xenon, you could be some type of rogue mastermind AI core the Yaki tinkered with or that one guy in Eighteen Billion who keeps wanting to buy Xenon processors from me... Maybe you are the first that became actually sentient?

IDK, I think theres so much you could do with both of them that itd be a shame to leave them as Enemy #1 and Enemy #2 :D

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 19:47

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 18:50
I was thinking about what could be a fresh new kind of DLC/factions that would add something new to the game.

SInce we already ran out of main factions the Khaak DLC would be quite a new spin in X-Universe.

Lore wise we know that the Hive destroyed in X3 Final Fury wasn't the only Khaak hive, only the one that got connected to X-Universe.
There are other Khaak hives and they might not be outright hostile like X4 Khaak remnants.

My idea would be to have new playable Khaak Hive factions:
- full new ship set, weapons
- full new economy based around nividium
- (new feature) Khaak Hiveqeen Mothership (basically Khaak version of mobile HQ with some mining and ship production capability)
- (new feature - limited only to Khaak ships and limited range) jump drives
- while they are not outright hostile, they are Xenophobic, closed and secretive even more than Terrans
- existing X4 Khaak remnants becomes pirate/raider faction that might or might not be secretely supported by the new Hive

I think such new Khaak faction would bring very fresh and new dynamics to X4 universe.
However, it would probably be the most work intense DLC to date.
I think it's a great idea, and I think that moving forward (Probably in the next game, not X4) - All races should be playable. It feels like the next natural step in X-development. X-games started as you, the player growing to small Corporation status, and players always maxed that out asking for more. Eventually in later games, the player could grow to "MegaCorp" size/status of assets like in the X3 series of games. In X4, you can scale yourself to the size of any faction, and take over sectors. The more Egosoft removes/minimized the barriers between player and NPC, the better; as shown by general community feedback.

The counter-argument to this is that Khaak and Xenon can't and don't interact with the non-hive minded species in the X-universe, and are widely regarded as incompatible with any race outside of their own. I am in agreement with this, and Xenon/Khaak gamestarts can or should be a sort of "scorched Earth" solo-style playthrough similar to how Paradox and Stellaris handle Devouring Swarms and Determined Exterminators in that they have no real diplomacy options.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 10. Apr 24, 19:55

I like that DLC idea in general. Getting more details about that faction would be nice. Even more nice would be a non-default villain story. I still think there is just some big mistunderstanding between the Kha'ak and the non-Xenon factions. :)

They could even pull the "aggressive subfaction" trick and show us some nice Kha'aks (e.g. the green ones - like purple tentacle vs green tentacle :D )

...but *harrumph* - first the Rebirth DLC prettyplease :lol:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Arisaya
x4

Post by Arisaya » Thu, 11. Apr 24, 04:51

Hm! If executed well, I think this could be a great DLC! After figuring out how to weaponize the 7.0B1 "crisis" and deploying it against VIG, I'd be pretty eager to do that myself as a kha'ak faction.

Most of the DLCs have been pretty good though, so if they do this I have high hopes for it, though ToA was so buggy on launch it actually ruined a save and I didnt come back until the 6.0 beta - also VIG is still a lagfest unless you use cheese and exploits to.. mitigate them.

TroubledRabbit

Post by TroubledRabbit » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 19:24

I would strongly oppose any 'playable Kha'ak' idea or making them just another faction. This does not have any sense in the game-lore and would effectivelly destroy them as 'them'.

Giving them however, more significance and place in game would be appreciated. That would be a great way of introducing back the jumpdrive (even if just in very limited form) into the game - by 'reverse-engeneering' the Kha'ak tech (because apparently everybody just forget how the whole thing started in with the 'experimental shuttle' and that the terrans actually posessed the tech to build the gates. hmmmm

However I would not appreciate the idea of flying their ships (I actually does not liked ever that idea in the case of Xenons, too; which ofc. never stopped me from trying to board the K).

They - Kha'ak - are the last standing mystery, 'unknown' and 'incomprehensible' in the game world. Let them be that.
Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

Return to “X4: Foundations”