Shipyard Suddenly Stopped Selling to NPCs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Protector 8
x4

Shipyard Suddenly Stopped Selling to NPCs

Post by Protector 8 » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 18:44

My shipyard was selling a steady stream of ships to NPCs up until about the past 3 hours of gametime. I dont have a save I can go back to just reset. The only thing I did was add a Habitat. Would that cause something to whack out? Ive checked the trade restrictions. I also loaded some VRO mod but have unloaded those after I read it's better to do those on a fresh game.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Shipyard Suddenly Stopped Selling to NPCs

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 19:33

Either you ran out of a critical ware needed to build ships, or the NPC factions satisfied their demand for new ships and haven't had enough ships destroyed recently to need to place new orders.

Might be a problem however with loading VRO and then unloading it mid game.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 19:41

Adding a habitat should definately not mess up sales for a shipyard. Check if your shipyard is stocked with all required components and if there are unfulfilled orders waiting for components. If you've recently bought new blueprints that require different wares (for example Terran blueprints needing Terran resources) that you can't source it might mess up your orders, though that shouldn't grind everything to a total halt.

Likewise as Falcrack said, it's not impossible that the NPC factions have hit their job cap and don't need more ships at the moment, albeit this is a rare achievement. If you have the ship sales restricted to specific factions, you can test that assumption by opening up ship sales to everyone and see if new orders come in (someone in the universe will need ship orders, a total saturation for all factions would be quite anomalous). You may also want to check your price modifier. If it's cranked all the way to maximum price NPCs might not order much from you, so check if lowering the price creates new orders.

If your shipyard has everything it needs to operate normally and it still doesn't, then I would heavily suspect the mod messed things up, loading those into ongoing games can cause serious issues.
If the sales stopped completely and it coincides with the mod installation, I would recommend you hit up the mod page (I presume this was downloaded via site like ModNexus) and log a question on whether this could be the cause and maybe it's a known problem with a workaround.

Also, in the future always keep a hard save before applying mods to any ongoing game in case these things happen. It's not often that mods cause these issues, but if it does a hard reset is the best chance to salvage your playthrough if mod conflicts can't be troubleshot.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 20:50

Feloidea wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 24, 19:41
Likewise as Falcrack said, it's not impossible that the NPC factions have hit their job cap and don't need more ships at the moment, albeit this is a rare achievement.
It's not so rare depending on the faction. For the Boron, tucked away in their secure corner without any active conflicts at all, my shipyard there went totally quiet except for an occasional minor order from the Boron.

Return to “X4: Foundations”