[6.20] Repairs require no resources

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

[6.20] Repairs require no resources

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 16:32

When repairing my ships at my shipyards, it lists that it requires some amount of hull parts and energy cells to make the repairs. But when the ship is repaired at the wharf, it does not actually use those materials, I watch the amounts very carefully and it does not change either before or after the repair. I think that either the repairs should actually cost resources (my preference), or the listed cost or repairs in the upgrade/repair screen should be removed.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.20] Repairs require no resources

Post by Nanook » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 16:49

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 24, 16:32
... the listed cost [f]or repairs in the upgrade/repair screen should be removed.
This. for consistency. After all, repairs with your suit laser also require no resources.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 05:32

Nanook wrote:
Sat, 23. Mar 24, 16:49
After all, repairs with your suit laser also require no resources.
Neither do self-repairs of L or XL ships. With sufficiently skilled crew these can fully repair the ship over time as well, completely for free.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 04:31

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 24, 05:32
Neither do self-repairs of L or XL ships. With sufficiently skilled crew these can fully repair the ship over time as well, completely for free.
I'd much prefer it if all repairs, including self-repair, costed hull parts. It could be a very low amount, say:

Code: Select all

hull parts to repair ship = hull parts to construct x missing percentage of ship health x 0.25
Just something to make repairs feel less like "inexplicable insta-magic."
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 14:36

I'm okay with the self-repair that comes from skilled crew not costing resources, because it happens very slowly over time, and never gets back up to 100%. Also okay with the repair laser being free. I just think the instant repair that happens either at shipyards, eq docks or carriers should cost resources. Not the full cost of the ship, but at least a small fraction of the original cost in terms of resources.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 26. Mar 24, 16:06

This thread has moved into the area of suggestions rather than Tech Sp, so over we go.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 23:11

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 24, 14:36
I'm okay with the self-repair that comes from skilled crew not costing resources, because it happens very slowly over time, and never gets back up to 100%.
Yes it can reach 100% with highly skilled pilot (or player being as pilot).

Return to “X4: Foundations”