Introducing X-TRA POLLS! | In your opinion, which X4: Foundations expansion was the most worthwhile?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

In your opinion, which X4: Foundations expansion was the most worthwhile?

Poll ended at Wed, 3. Apr 24, 20:33

X4: Split Vendetta
13%
X4: Cradle of Humanity
61%
X4: Tides of Avarice
8%
X4: Kingdom End
18%

Total votes: 232

LetMeIn11
x4

Re: Introducing X-TRA POLLS! | In your opinion, which X4: Foundations expansion was the most worthwhile?

Post by LetMeIn11 » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 12:48

I voted for CoH just because it is decently good in all aspects but

Missions wise: ToA has the best designed mission chains that manage to teach about game mechanics in an engaging way and it also has the most memorable characters you have to meet in your journeys. The worst in this aspect is KE where you mostly fly on autopilot listening to too much dialogues until the queen's herald quest. This was the most boring part of the game so far and I also hated Boso ex Machina(improperly executed) giving away a research facility to the player for no reason.

Designs wise: Borons are undoubtedly the most beautiful species with the most beautiful ship and station designs. ToA is the worst one in this aspect not because designs are bad, they're cool, but in other DLCs they're somewhat cooler and there are more of them.

Sectors wise: Split sectors have a lot of opportunities and the most reasons for the player to visit them. They're also very well placed in the galaxy, it doesn't feel like you're flying in some god's forsaken borderlands. KE is obviously the worst, sectors there are so disconnected from the rest of the galaxy that I never returned to them after completing story missions. Also, economically they're self-sufficient and I regretted building stations in the BOR space

Ships wise: I enjoyed split ships mechanically the most, ToA ships are probably the worst because I don't know what they bring to the fleet composition that wasn't already in the game.

Gameplay wise: ToA introduced a completely new game mechanic with a new type of civilian ships. KE didn't introduce anything new in this aspect at all. Probably, SV too but I tried the game only after CoH release so I cannot tell.

Galaxy impact wise: CoH is undoubtedly the best. TER interact with the universe more than any other DLC faction and they can put the whole galaxy on the knees with or without the player support. KE is undoubtedly the worst. After the reunion I occasionally meet some lost Boron traders lurking in the common wealth space and that's it. Even in ToA VIG at least periodically attacks MIN, BOR do nothing.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Introducing X-TRA POLLS! | In your opinion, which X4: Foundations expansion was the most worthwhile?

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 14:00

LetMeIn11 wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 24, 12:48
After the reunion I occasionally meet some lost Boron traders lurking in the common wealth space and that's it... BOR do nothing.
If you'd prefer more active Borons would recommend claiming Heretic's End by building an admin module, then immediately demolishing it to relinquish the claim. This procedure opens the sector to be claimed by one of the neighbouring factions. If that's anyone except the Argons it will bring the Borons into conflict with ZYA or Xenons, depending on who controls Wretched Skies. Makes trade with Borons far more profitable - they'll need more resources to build new ships & stations.

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 15:17

I picked CoH, after some big debate.

Half of my game time is spent saving the Split from Xenon incursions, and SVincludes both the rattlesnake AND the dragon, so it is really good content-wise.

CoH and KE are tied for me because they both have massive lore and storyline, which gets my heart going.
CoH beats out the Boron for me because it comes with the entire Sol system, which I find nicer than the beautiful but desolate boron systems.
borons win on soundtrack though, I play that regularly while cooking. I also really enjoyed the gate activation quest.

ToA overal was weakest for me personally, but I really appreciate the creativity and different gameplay it stimulates.
I am very much an empire builder, whereas ToA really shines a spotlight on early game, with at max, a handful of ships.
That content is really great (and I dig the unique ships, though I have yet to acquire the Erlking), but it is not where my personal passions lie.

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Tue, 2. Apr 24, 12:50

bonjour

X4: Split Vendetta en premier pour les navires puissant de la vitesse avec beaucoup d'armes et un beau désigne.
X4: Cradle of Humanity juste pour le Asgard (mais avec un manque de vitesse des navires)et l'histoire bien faite.
X4: Tides of Avarice en troisième pour le Astrid malgré un manque de maniabilité (le freinage) et le Erlking et le désigne des pilotes vêtus de cuir!
X4: Kingdom End pour le désigne des stations , les vaisseaux décevants en puissance.

bonne journée

ps:je fait toujours une flotte avec des Asgard ter ,des raptor split ,des dragon sentinelle split ,et des Morena Yaki ,j'évite d'ajouté des ravitailleurs qui bloque les vaisseaux pour réparer.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 3. Apr 24, 13:45

It's been two weeks, isn't it time for a new poll, like it said in the op? But I would settle for an announcement of the start of the beta and DLC release date.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 3. Apr 24, 13:48

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 24, 14:00
LetMeIn11 wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 24, 12:48
After the reunion I occasionally meet some lost Boron traders lurking in the common wealth space and that's it... BOR do nothing.
If you'd prefer more active Borons would recommend claiming Heretic's End by building an admin module, then immediately demolishing it to relinquish the claim. This procedure opens the sector to be claimed by one of the neighbouring factions. If that's anyone except the Argons it will bring the Borons into conflict with ZYA or Xenons, depending on who controls Wretched Skies. Makes trade with Borons far more profitable - they'll need more resources to build new ships & stations.
I tried this, the Boron still did not claim Heretic's End. I ended up installing a mod which connected Ocean of Fantasy to Antigone Memorial. With the Boron at war with TER, and Antigone Memorial owned by TER, the Boron are finally seeing some action.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 3. Apr 24, 15:31

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 24, 13:48
I tried this, the Boron still did not claim Heretic's End. I ended up installing a mod which connected Ocean of Fantasy to Antigone Memorial. With the Boron at war with TER, and Antigone Memorial owned by TER, the Boron are finally seeing some action.
Don't expect it to happen immediately. Took many hours before my Borons finally noticed the sector was available to be claimed. They have been quite active since then however.
First they kicked ZYA out of Wretched Skies V: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcazm3at12ame ... 1.jpg?dl=0
They're now fighting the Xenon for control over Wretched Skies IV: https://www.dropbox.com/s/drir9kfdqc0ri ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 3. Apr 24, 16:01

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 24, 13:45
It's been two weeks, isn't it time for a new poll, like it said in the op? But I would settle for an announcement of the start of the beta and DLC release date.
The poll expires at 8pm CEST. But thanks for the heads-up! :D

Edit: This Poll has concluded and you are no longer able to vote, however the thread continues indefinitely. Feel free to continue discussing the topic at hand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”