New Images from the 7.00 update just landed!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

Re: New Images from the 7.00 update just landed!

Post by S!rAssassin » Thu, 7. Mar 24, 06:55

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 24, 16:47
Xenon do not have L Fabrication Bays, do they?
XEN K was L-size on game start. What module has produced it?

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 05:25

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 24, 21:01
And that last one is 100% new faction rep room, green plant BE GONE! :mrgreen:
I wonder if they've set up race-appropriate rooms for all factions? Not just the faction rep room, but bars, ship vendors, all of it. (Alliance of the Word could keep the nice, green plant.)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 08:57

I'm digging it very much!

Love the new Phoenix, my SCA/PGS re-purposed fleet will get a visual upgrade and better turret coverage, it seems!
And I recall we also got an ASCII-art sneak preview of Behemoth-E somewhere, so it won't just be the phoenixes :D

I am also very happy to see a Teladi interior. It always feels so jarring to walk from a dark, clunky hallway into a bright, we'll-lit terran office..
I totally like the cozy, swampy atmosphere, and can see me chilling there (it looks far more cozy than even the PHQ personal office)

My biggest wish for the Teladi visual overhaul would be a single, very specific station module: a hex-cross! (including up and down)
It baffles me that the race with hexagons everywhere doesn't have a hex-symmetry theme in their stations.

A nicely compact hex-barrel with six horizontal + up-down would be a dream come true, also for my PHQ (at the moment I improvise with LOTS of Split three-crosses, they're my current favourite part!)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 09:19

CulunTse wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 24, 08:57
Love the new Phoenix, my SCA/PGS re-purposed fleet will get a visual upgrade and better turret coverage, it seems!
IMHO it would be "natural" if MIN/TEL shift to Phoenix E, but SCA continues to repurpose "decomissioned" Sentinels and Vanguards.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 10:33

No new large turret model for Teladi and Argon?

Paranid got new Large turret model along ship update.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 10:41

I actually quite like the TEL turret visuals, it's their performance that puts me off...
***modified***

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 11:37

LameFox wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 24, 10:41
I actually quite like the TEL turret visuals, it's their performance that puts me off...
Yeah, that's okay for me too - as long as we get L gauss cannons and M muon turrets / M energy pulse turrets :mrgreen:

Must ... have... more... weapon.. variety...

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Nerwesta

Post by Nerwesta » Tue, 12. Mar 24, 04:21

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 24, 09:19
CulunTse wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 24, 08:57
IMHO it would be "natural" if MIN/TEL shift to Phoenix E, but SCA continues to repurpose "decomissioned" Sentinels and Vanguards.
It makes totally sense, and that's a good way to still use the old model lore-wise.

Petzer
x4

Post by Petzer » Wed, 13. Mar 24, 00:43

The Phoenix looks amazing, keeping the mushroom fleet aesthetic alive but making it way more menacing and modern, the fin especially.
I just hope, you maybe make some little adjustments to the balance, even if it's just tiny, because right now, besides roleplay there is no reason to ever use Teladi weapons and components.

x4

Post by 13913408324 » Wed, 13. Mar 24, 02:32

Phoenix——mushroom
Phoenix E——exquisite mushroom

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 09:44

Nerwesta wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 24, 04:21
jlehtone wrote:
It makes totally sense, and that's a good way to still use the old model lore-wise.
While I appreciate the lore-perspective, I don't think that would work well.
The non-overhauled model would just look blocky, blurry and outdated, breaking suspension-of-disbelief.
This visual rework is, in my humble opinion, very much a beyond-the-4th-wall activity: bringing the 2018 assets (original release is already 5½ years ago!) up to the current 2024 standards.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 17:44

CulunTse wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 24, 09:44
The non-overhauled model would just look blocky, blurry and outdated, breaking suspension-of-disbelief.
This visual rework is, ...
The Paranid did get E-model in a patch, but the game still has the "non-overhauled" models too. PAR even requires Zeus V in Fleet Assembly missions, with or without suspension. That E is not "less blocky and blurry", it is "different".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

CulunTse
x4

Post by CulunTse » Thu, 14. Mar 24, 21:32

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 24, 17:44
The Paranid did get E-model in a patch, but the game still has the "non-overhauled" models too. PAR even requires Zeus V in Fleet Assembly missions, with or without suspension. That E is not "less blocky and blurry", it is "different".
That is actually a very valid point, which I hadn't fully considered. Thanks!

Now I'm actually wondering what will happen to my ex-SCA fleet. The construction ships I had liberated actually changed appearance to the new models, so we'll see which way the behemoths and phoenix's go. (they still have their SCA paint job, to rub it in that crime doesn't pay, but working for me does 8) so the patch scripts could detect that they are ex-SCA by that)

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 00:38

CulunTse wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 24, 21:32
jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 24, 17:44
That is actually a very valid point, which I hadn't fully considered. Thanks!

Now I'm actually wondering what will happen to my ex-SCA fleet. The construction ships I had liberated actually changed appearance to the new models, so we'll see which way the behemoths and phoenix's go. (they still have their SCA paint job, to rub it in that crime doesn't pay, but working for me does 8) so the patch scripts could detect that they are ex-SCA by that)
They are not going to change the type of already existing ships.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 08:16

Not sound like a spoiled brat...GIMME MOORE PICTURE..cough. Anyways love the Teladi design elements. And like someone allready said the old versions should remain in use for pirates. Maybe even give them a pirate painting that looks like it's in rough shape, without actually changing the design :)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 12:18

CulunTse wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 24, 09:44
Nerwesta wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 24, 04:21
jlehtone wrote:
While I appreciate the lore-perspective, I don't think that would work well.
This visual rework is, in my humble opinion, very much a beyond-the-4th-wall activity: bringing the 2018 assets (original release is already 5½ years ago!) up to the current 2024 standards.
I agree with this. Personally I cant understand the choice to keep old models in the game. With the teladi and argon ships it isnt so bad so they arnt such a good example, but with the paranid capital ship models they are on a completely different level, the old ones simply dont fit into the visual style of the game (they never did). The same goes for something like the old rebirth npc models, it looks completely wrong to have them in the game.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 12:32

The reason is simple: we can't remove the old ships completely without breaking everyone's savegames. While some people might not mind about this, others who have invested thousands of hours into their savegames would be, justifiably, extremely upset.

It's worth noting that in existing games, older ships will gradually be replaced with new ones as they are destroyed or decommissioned. And if you start a new game, the older designs will very rarely appear at all.

Remodelling the ships in such a way that they completely replaced the old ones without affecting savegames at all would have severely limited the design options, as well as annoying people who really liked the old designs. The solution we've adopted means that nobody has to lose out.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 12:51

Rather like the idea of SCA retaining their old model Phoenixes & Behemoths. They're some of my favourite ship designs (though do also very much like their fantastic new versions) so would not mind still seeing them around now & then. For existing games this would also avoid the potential anomaly of SCA getting the new ships first, given that there tends to be a faster attrition rate for pirate ships than those owned by government forces, particularly TEL/MIN. Might look a bit odd to see state of the art SCA Phoenix Es being pursued by obsolete government-owned counterparts...

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 14:38

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 24, 12:18
I agree with this. Personally I cant understand the choice to keep old models in the game. With the teladi and argon ships it isnt so bad so they arnt such a good example, but with the paranid capital ship models they are on a completely different level, the old ones simply dont fit into the visual style of the game (they never did). The same goes for something like the old rebirth npc models, it looks completely wrong to have them in the game.
To add to CBJ's answer, their remaining presence is also good for role playing. Before I began a new game later, I liked to collect the old Paranid models, like a collector.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 16:09

Tomonor wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 24, 14:38
To add to CBJ's answer, their remaining presence is also good for [..]
...giving those who really hate the old models a task ingame. (=to destroy said ships as payback for all the years of having to "suffer" because of their existance :twisted: )

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Return to “X4: Foundations”