Egosoft unveils X4: Timelines expansion and major 7.00 update to X4: Foundations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Egosoft unveils X4: Timelines expansion and major 7.00 update to X4: Foundations

Post by Gregory » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 19:40

• Embark on an unprecedented space odyssey with X4: Timelines, the latest addition to the X4 universe.
  • With a thrilling new storyline which takes place outside of the X4 sandbox, prepare yourself for colossal challenges and unexpected excursions into the depths of the X series lore and history.
  • The extensive new, free 7.00 update will elevate your space experience in X4 with a host of enhancements and new features.
steam news.jpg
We at Egosoft are excited to unveil the upcoming major 7.00 update and our new expansion, X4: Timelines, for our space simulation game X4: Foundations, which just recently celebrated its fifth anniversary. Your support over the years has enabled us to keep working on X4, improving it and creating a game that is very special to us, as it is to many of you. Thank you, to all our players, all the content creators, all the modders, and of course to everybody who has worked on the game over the years.

Our previous four expansions have enlarged the X4 sandbox universe and drawn your interest with new factions, ships and storylines. Today we would like to give you a first look at our next, somewhat unusual, expansion for X4.

X4: Timelines - A Revolutionary Expansion
Please check out our first announcement video for X4: Timelines. In this video we not only show you some of the new content, but also explain what the new structure and the slightly different gameplay loop of X4: Timelines is all about.

>> X4: Timelines Reveal Teaser <<

Embark on an unprecedented space odyssey with X4: Timelines, the latest addition to the X4 universe.

Using novel ways to introduce new players to X4's core gameplay mechanics, X4: Timelines will also delight long-serving space adventurers. With a thrilling new storyline which takes place outside of the X4 sandbox, prepare yourself for colossal challenges and unexpected excursions into the depths of the X series lore and history.

X4: Timelines is your gateway to uncharted territories and untold stories. Select 'Timelines' from the main menu of X4: Foundations and set forth on an adventure that transcends time and space. Along the way, you can unlock various bonuses for your X4 sandbox universe.

MYSTERIOUS NEW STORYLINE
In an all-new mysterious storyline, you'll take on the role of Harper Donel, a trader in the border territories, who is not averse to risky deals. A fateful encounter not only changes your short-term plans, but shakes the foundations of your understanding of the universe, and everyone in it. Prepare to be immersed in a tale of intrigue and revelation.

IMMERSIVE SCENARIOS AND UNIQUE UNLOCKS
Embedded in the new X4: Timelines storyline, you'll find a wide range of scenarios in which you will experience the many different aspects of X4 gameplay. Playing these scenarios will also unlock new missions within the X4: Timelines storyline, and bonuses for your wider X4 sandbox universe - among them reimagined, classic ships from X universe history.

X4: Timelines is more than just an expansion; it's a revolution in the X4 universe. Whether you're a seasoned space explorer or a newcomer to the galaxy, this thrilling new chapter promises to captivate you with its blend of mystery, adventure, and strategic gameplay.

While the next expansion is strikingly different from its predecessors, one thing remains the same: a substantial free update for X4: Foundations will be released at the same time as the expansion. Update 7.00 will be huge, and the changelog is likely to break our own records once again... In spring 2024, we will be able to go into more detail about 7.00 and, of course, give you access to the public beta for it, as you have come to expect from us.

For now, we can give you a few brief glimpses of some 7.00 highlights:

Update 7.00 - Elevating Your Space Experience
The free 7.00 update will bring a host of enhancements and new features to X4: Foundations:
  • Reimagined Teladi and Argon Capital Ships: Marvel at the overhauled designs of these iconic vessels, adding more depth and intrigue to your space encounters.
  • New sectors and landmarks: Explore fresh, uncharted regions in the X4 universe, expanding your horizons and opportunities.
  • New Xenon Ships: Experience new ships from the X universe main antagonists in a way that will surprise even veteran X4 pilots.
  • External Camera (F2) Overhaul: Experience a fundamentally improved and more intuitive external camera system.
  • Existential Crisis: A new endgame challenge for veterans. Face off against a faction that goes all-out against you. This intense confrontation can be opted out of, for those seeking a more peaceful journey.
  • Continuous Engine Improvements: Enjoy smoother, more stable gameplay with ongoing refinements to the game's engine.
  • Enhanced Button Remapping: Tailor your controls with more flexibility than ever before.
Wishlist X4: Timelines today

X4: Timelines and 7.00 update will take you on an unforgettable journey through space and time. Prepare to embark on this exciting new voyage in 2024. Stay tuned for more updates, and get ready to redefine your X4 experience!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

mr.WHO
x4

Re: X4 - New Expansion Reveal - December 20, 2023

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 19:59

Oh, nice.

I thought you aimed for Christmas reveal like last year :)

P.S. As always I'm looking forward to a new soundtrack :)

xant
x4

Post by xant » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 20:02

Yes, exactly what I was waiting for! :!:

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 20:11

And the masterteaser teases again the teaser... :tuichdoch:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:10

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssss! :D

xzanfr
x4

Post by xzanfr » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:16

I'm really excited about this - I thought Kingdom End was the last one.
Nice one, egosoft!

xant
x4

Post by xant » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:21

xzanfr wrote:
Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:16
I thought Kingdom End was the last one.
I'm curious, why would you think that? Bernd said again, and again, and again, that they're far from done with the game and that future content is on its way. What made you think they'd end it with, well, Kingdom End?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:24

xant wrote:
Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:21
xzanfr wrote:
I'm curious, why would you think that? Bernd said again, and again, and again, that they're far from done with the game and that future content is on its way. What made you think they'd end it with, well, Kingdom End?
It's a common misinterpretation - Bernd says things, people interprete. He said something along the lines "the universe is complete" in terms of "the races are now all there". And people interprete: "there will be no more DLCs". Despite Egosoft keeps repeating that it isn't done with X4 yet. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

xzanfr
x4

Post by xzanfr » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:38

xant wrote:
xzanfr wrote:
All the races are present and I'd not kept up to date with every word that Bernd has said.
I've also just come back from Elite dangerous so I expect to dev's to say something is coming then not deliver or do something else.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:55

Ooh its got red in it. I'm hoping for Kha'ak or Xenon expansion, or both :twisted: Although we know that Teladi and Argon rework is coming, so probably too much to ask to expect xenon and kha'ak too, lol.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 22:12

xzanfr wrote:
Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:38
All the races are present and I'd not kept up to date with every word that Bernd has said.
I've also just come back from Elite dangerous so I expect to dev's to say something is coming then not deliver or do something else.
Ah, that explains it then. But I'm happy that the devs usually deliver on their promises, and are open about the occasional delay.

As you say, it's not a very common quality for devs, unfortunately. Makes me really happy the standard for promises is simply higher with Bernd/Egosoft. :)

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 22:13

xant wrote:
xzanfr wrote:
When Bernd said "the X universe in now finally complete" meaning all races are back people turned it "no more DLCs". I've spent hours to days explaining this on reddit, but to no avail. Tomorrow I can just post a link. :)
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 22:16

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:55
Ooh its got red in it. I'm hoping for Kha'ak or Xenon expansion, or both
Me too, but the color seems to fit neither. Maybe an all new race? Or does TerraCorp have an official color? :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 00:05

Axeface wrote:
Ooh its got red in it.
The before-mentioned "existential crisis" contains "crisis" that usually is a bit red state. (Pink is a fatality?)
The "existential" could naturally mean that ... the player notices that the true evil is the player and then tries to cope with that. :twisted:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 01:20

Crimsonraziel wrote:
Tue, 19. Dec 23, 22:16
Axeface wrote:
Ooh its got red in it. I'm hoping for Kha'ak or Xenon expansion, or both
Me too, but the color seems to fit neither. Maybe an all new race? Or does TerraCorp have an official color? :D
I really dont think its a new race. Plus, linos reply to someone asking if its xenon on reddit "Red means mean!"
With that said... time to check if lino has a new binary code....
... aaand he does "Lines of times...".... hmmmm. timelines? Timetravel? Times as in multiplication? (xenon :D ) I have no idea.

One thing I think is that they probably arnt going to go through the trouble of setting up strange kha'ak behavior in Kingdom End for no reason. The blurred black structure/ship looks more xenon to me than kha'ak though... going to be a long 14 hours till the video for me.
jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 20. Dec 23, 00:05
Axeface wrote:
Ooh its got red in it.
The before-mentioned "existential crisis" contains "crisis" that usually is a bit red state. (Pink is a fatality?)
The "existential" could naturally mean that ... the player notices that the true evil is the player and then tries to cope with that. :twisted:
I thought the existential crisis was something that was stated for 7.0, not the dlc? Or am I misremembering.

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 02:09

Axeface wrote:
Wed, 20. Dec 23, 01:20
I really dont think its a new race. Plus, linos reply to someone asking if its xenon on reddit "Red means mean!"
Xenon aren't mean. They are just a force of nature. Well, an arteficial one.
Axeface wrote:
... aaand he does "Lines of times...".... hmmmm. timelines? Timetravel? I have no idea.
Maybe timelines like in "alternate timelines", parallel universe/multiverse stuff.
Axeface wrote:
One thing I think is that they probably arn't going to go through the trouble of setting up strange kha'ak behavior in Kingdom End for no reason. The blurred black structure/ship looks more xenon to me than kha'ak though...
Don't really think it's a new race either. Was just a fun thought to entertain. A friend of mine suggested an evil twin race of Borons from a parallel universe, called Flourons. Jokes aside, I'd rather see a Kha'ak (color definitely doesn't fit) glow up or see Plutarch, TerraCorp & OTAS make a return. Or TF-CPU ships (it doesn't look like it at all). Maybe it's a Xenon mothership (M0)?
Axeface wrote:
I thought the existential crisis was something that was stated for 7.0, not the dlc? Or am I misremembering.
You're correct. Technically the image could also show something from the patch, so it could still refer to existential crisis. I hope the patch comes with Megalodon and Pteranodon to face the crisis.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 04:58

More X is always a good thing!

That said, doubt it is a new race or even faction. Hopefully upcoming expansion is about expanding on aspects of X4. Would be nice to see more on the Xenon/Khaak threat. Return of the Xenon core sectors (like Xenon Sector 101) or Khaak sectors would be neat (Boron gave a nice preview of how they could look like)
Mainly hoping for some new sectors, always fun exploring new areas & find ways to integrate the new sectors into the universe economy.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 08:27

I want to believe that it's Omykron Lyrae from Rebirth which got overrun by Xenon Branch 10, called the 'Omykron Channel Virus' lol

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 09:26

Axeface wrote:
... aaand he does "Lines of times...".... hmmmm. timelines? Timetravel? Times as in multiplication? (xenon :D ) I have no idea.
Took a while for someone to check the code again :D Always fun to read when people do so and then try to make sense out of it :D
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 20. Dec 23, 09:27

:x2: + :x3:

Return to “X4: Foundations”