[Request] Exchange managers between stations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Admiral Sausage

[Request] Exchange managers between stations

Post by Admiral Sausage » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 19:39

In the "Transfer crew with" dialogue for ships, there is a very useful "Exchange captains" option. It would be nice if there was a comparable feature for exchanging managers between stations.

This would be useful when you have a station that does trades at a very high rate, perfect for training new managers, so you want to let everyone have a go managing it for a while. Currently you have to transfer the first manager to a ship, then move the second manager to the first station, then move the first manager to the second station. Since moving employees can take a while, during which they can't be moved again, this can be a slow process.

Also potentially useful, but less so, would be to extend the feature to allow a station manger to be exchanged directly with a ship captain, since captains gain morale far faster than managers, so it's good experience for aspiring ★★★★★ managers to be placed on temporary gate-guard duty.

BitByte
x4

Re: [Request] Exchange managers between stations

Post by BitByte » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 22:20

If I remember right you can replace existing captain in the ship when using "Transfer crew" but you cannot move specificly captain from ship to another using that (except if this was changed in 6.0). In station if cannot move directly problem is as there's no other "slots" where assign people (except shipyard, wharf & equipment dock) than manager.
You can speedup 1st manager move if choose nearby ship in the same sector. That doesn't take long.

About gaining morale - atleast in my game station manager gets way more faster both - morale and manager skill. Atleast in station where they have 10+ subordinates.
That's why I train my 4 stars captains in stations for better morale.

Admiral Sausage

Re: [Request] Exchange managers between stations

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 14:28

BitByte wrote:
Thu, 8. Jun 23, 22:20
About gaining morale - atleast in my game station manager gets way more faster both - morale and manager skill. Atleast in station where they have 10+ subordinates.
That's why I train my 4 stars captains in stations for better morale.
It might just be the RNG, but that isn't what I've seen. I have some busy stations where managers reach 5 stars pretty quick, but their morale doesn't go up that fast, and none of them ever pass 4 stars in morale. The captain of a ship guarding a Xenon entry point can reach 5 stars in morale though. Even faster than letting them guard a gate, if I pilot that ship myself and take a single trip through Xenon space to kill a few clouds of fighters, the captain (now "releif pilot") can gain multiple whole stars of morale.

Return to “X4: Foundations”