Trade Rule to allow only my ships to supply the build storage

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DyJohnnY

Trade Rule to allow only my ships to supply the build storage

Post by DyJohnnY » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 12:29

Hi,

Trying to understand this trade rule thing. So I had a trade rule setup to exclude all factions and only left myself as the exception.
All other settings left at default.
Set it in the plan build > trade rules section. When I did this even my traders stopped working for me. I'm guessing when i did this it actually denied trade with the other faction stations, which is not what I wanted to do.

Is there a way to only allow my ships to supply my build storage?

Feloidea
x4

Re: Trade Rule to allow only my ships to supply the build storage

Post by Feloidea » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 14:29

I would assume the problem you had is that you didn't have stations producing the required construction wares by yourself within the trading distance, hence why trading for your build supply stopped as the only alternatives were blocked via trade rule.

Might be something else that was funky, but I've been using trade rules to exclude everyone except myself for buy orders on all my stations (as I produce every ware I would need by myself) and it has been working pretty damn well. I've never tried restricting trade for build supply (for one because I use a fleet of dedicated L traders with which I manually buy construction wares as soon as I see it cheap and just stockpile stuff until I need it, secondly in case I'm building a large station I want AI traders to fill in any gaps so the construction process is done ASAP) but I would be surprised if that operated any differently.

Haven't played in quite a couple months though so I don't know if anything changed since.

blackphoenixx

Re: Trade Rule to allow only my ships to supply the build storage

Post by blackphoenixx » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 19:13

DyJohnnY wrote:
Tue, 6. Jun 23, 12:29
Is there a way to only allow my ships to supply my build storage?
Subordinates inherit blacklists from their commander, but you can change to a different blacklist (or none) in the ships individual behavior tab and they should do what you want.

Return to “X4: Foundations”