[Request] Stat bonuses passed to subordinates

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[Request] Stat bonuses passed to subordinates

Post by user1679 » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 04:42

Request:

Implement role bonuses for command ships that increase some stat of the subordinates by a % based on the commander's skill. The role would be determined at the time of construction.

Detail:

Not sure how difficult this would be to implement but the idea would be that a ship has a basic role that is chosen at construction and then that is passed down to the subordinates in a small % based on the commander's full star rank (no half percentages, increases only come at full stars). For example:
  1. Player builds a ship
  2. On the "software" tab (where trade computer, etc. are added) there's an option "Stat Projector" and in the dropdown players can select ONE of
    • none
    • engines (speed)
    • engines (travel)
    • hull
    • main weapon RoF
    • main weapon range
    • shields (capacity)
    • shields (recharge time)
    • turret RoF
    • turret range

After the ship is built and added to a fleet as a commander, the "stat projector" will increase the chosen stat for all subordinates by x% per full star the commander has. So if a player builds a ship and chooses "shield (capacity)" for the stat projector, when used as fleet commander, the subordinate's total shield will be increased by x% per full star of the commander.

Additional notes:

* I use "x%" in my detail because I don't know what a good number would be for balance. I was thinking something like 1% or 2% but that might not be enough to make it worth it
* The "none" option is because this module should be relatively expensive so players think about which ships it goes on. Maybe even make the price dependent on type (eg: shield is cheaper than RoF)
* This module cannot be removed by redesigning the ship, a new build order will be required where you can select a different option. It can however be added in the redesign screen
* A stat modified by this software option should display in a different color than standard
* The tooltip of a modified stat should reflect the % increased by the fleet commander
* The stat projector only enhances direct subordinates. You cannot have nested commanders passing multiple stat enhancements down the ranks
* I know there is already a ship modification system so perhaps for balance, this commander bonus would not stack with installed ship modifications

Return to “X4: Foundations”