Mining Methane in Family Zhin

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Io
x4

Mining Methane in Family Zhin

Post by Io » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 02:47

Hi,
I am reading methane levels in Family Zhin sector as 284k, but my L miners are so slow at gathering the gas. Other sectors are ok, but Family Zhin just doesnt adds up. Miners are mining so slowly like the sector is drained from resource, but on the info page of the sector it says methane 284k.
I will provide a save, which is tagged as modded, but I have never installed a single mod to this game. It seems to be some kind of a bug. Please ignore the modified tag.
Save:
https://we.tl/t-HMXUNz5PCw

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Mining Methane in Family Zhin

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 10:26

Have your miners drop resource probes where they are mining. They would tell you the current and max resource levels for the volumes where the mining is happening. Are you aware that NPC and player mining depletes local resources but that they do regenerate, albeit very slowly?

Also how many gas collector drones do your miners have since they are L ships? More drones gives faster collection rates.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Io
x4

Re: Mining Methane in Family Zhin

Post by Io » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 10:52

The thing is, I picked the location of one of my wharfs judging by the fact that is stated in the sector info section (methane: 284k). In other sectors that I am exploiting I can see that the amount of resources diminishes over time because of overmining, Dukes awakening for instance, but in Family Zhin, info stays the same (284k) and L miners very, very slowly mine methane, in contrast of other sectors.
Have your miners drop resource probes where they are mining.
I dropped four or five probes in this sector, they are reporting 0.0028/km2 which is very low assuming that sector info is true (284k).
You are aware that mining depletes local resources, but that they do regenerate albeit very slowly?
Yes, that is why I position my factories where resources are abundant.
Also how many gas collector drones do your miners have since they are L ships? More drones gives faster collection rates.
My default loadout for miners is 8 gas collectors and that number seemed quite efficient in every other location I mined. This one is no different. All L miners have 8 gas collector drones.
Could it be that methane is located further away from the center of sector, but I doubt it, because AI miners in other sectors tend to find resources by themselves, even without probes. This is the only sector, and I mine a lot, that states there is methane in sector, but the miners mine it so slowly, like the resources are depleted.
Maybe the info on the abundance of methane in sector is somehow false, bugged?
If the info is wrong, maybe correct info can be patched in the future...

Return to “X4: Foundations”