About the current focus of the developer's work

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

joker0828
x4

About the current focus of the developer's work

Post by joker0828 » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 12:12

I don't know why you guys have focused on multiplayer since the 6.0 update, I don't think it's the right decision for you to put a lot of effort into multiplayer. The appeal of Series X is its freedom and single-player gameplay, and I don't think its competition will be EVE or Elite Dangerous. There are still many bugs to be fixed in version 6.0, there are still many star areas that need to be completed, mod tools need to be opened, so many things need to be done, I would rather you will conceive the next DLC (I will definitely buy it) than go to Make stupid multiplayer games.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Re: About the current focus of the developer's work

Post by j.harshaw » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 13:12

As with most "why are you doing this and not that" questions, keep in mind that we're a team comprised of several individuals. We're quite capable of working on different things at the same time, and normally do.

joker0828
x4

Post by joker0828 » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 18:57

j.harshaw wrote:
Thu, 1. Jun 23, 13:12
As with most "why are you doing this and not that" questions, keep in mind that we're a team comprised of several individuals. We're quite capable of working on different things at the same time, and normally do.
I have been following egosoft for 8 years, and I know that your company's human resources have been very tight, which can be seen from the initial ship design of the X4 launch. I don't want to comment on anything, I think you are a group of very respectable people with dreams. It's just that I hope that you can use your limited resources where they are really needed. I hope more and more people get to know the X series through the wonderful single player games, not the bad multiplayer games (I don't know how you guys solve the hardware optimization and save problems, which are fatal for multiplayer games)

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Mon, 12. Jun 23, 12:50

I see this similar to Joker. Especially since you can't use mods with Online Feature. And X4 without mods I would have given up long ago.
I would have liked much more that the attention is also on the still far too weak immersion in contrast to XRebirth. But a better immersion is somehow not paid attention to.

Boring, too often repeating radio messages, interaction of the NPCs with other NPCs is missing, explosion effects, graphic effects in general, etc. (The mod Fire and Smoke demonstrates this how it is much more better).

Look at the graphic effects of XR or the interesting, funny dialogs and radio messages or the
entertaining conversations of the NPCs in XR. But XR had a different focus. But a little more of XR's immersion would be great.

I wish X4 had a tool similar to Bethesda's Creation Kit (Fallout 4/Skyrim). So all this would be easily doable for everyone. But that is only a dream.

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Mon, 12. Jun 23, 13:11

Worth considering that grants and subsidies awarded to game developers can obligate them to see a specific project through to completion or at least document that the money is not being spent elsewhere. Idunno if its relevant. But it could be.

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 22:49

I have to agree, this seems to be a major blind spot for the devs or there is an ulterior motive like suggested above.

The community is pretty vocal on not wanting this feature. A very large percentage never can because of mods and many consider mods essential to the playing experience.

Sunk cost fallacy I suspect.

xrogaan
x4

Post by xrogaan » Thu, 15. Jun 23, 04:46

8igdave wrote:
Wed, 14. Jun 23, 22:49
I have to agree, this seems to be a major blind spot for the devs or there is an ulterior motive like suggested above.

The community is pretty vocal on not wanting this feature. A very large percentage never can because of mods and many consider mods essential to the playing experience.

Sunk cost fallacy I suspect.
That's not true. There's a difference between not wanting something and being indifferent to it. I personally don't care whether it exists or not. Same with how you find mods essential for your own enjoyment of the game, it doesn't affect anybody else than yourself. You talk of blind spot, but you have a huge one yourself :wink:

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 15. Jun 23, 06:16

Rather wish they did a proper campaign for story at last tbh but thats me.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X4: Foundations”