Question about capturing medium ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

THE_TrashMan
x4

Re: Question about capturing medium ships

Post by THE_TrashMan » Wed, 31. May 23, 13:54

cdcerber wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 11:44
there are couple of hidden mechanics in making them bail, the game makes dice roll for up to 3 crew bailing every 30 sec and it starts at 75% hull, the other modifiers are for morale, the higher morale the harder for them to bail, and your ship max hull but can't confirm it, apparently the more puny ship you fly the better odds.
JK Ninja made great short vid on piracy on youtube
How the hell does that make sense?
- Burning with Awesomeness

- Pontifex Maximus Panaidia Est Canicula Infernalis

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 31. May 23, 14:17

I presume that some sort of logic is that if you are good enough to have already been driving down their bigger hull and shields using a smaller (nimbler/faster?) fighter then they have no chance of evading your continuing attacks any time soon, so they might as well acknowledge the inevitable and escape death while they can.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 31. May 23, 14:19

THE_TrashMan wrote:
Wed, 31. May 23, 13:54
How the hell does that make sense?
It made sense to someone lol. The default rules for bails are...weird. I personally use mods to change how this works. No longer is that Corvette crew more scared on me in a little Scout ship than in a Corvette of my own. Makes more sense to me. Forcing a ship to bail isn't easier as such, it's actually harder in the early-game, it just makes a little more sense. In vanilla, I'd have a small fleet within the first hour, as my starting ship (Elite or Discoverer usually) had that bailing buff. I'd often snag myself a Corvette in the first few minutes of a new game. Now that would be a very rare occurrence...not that I'd survive ten seconds vs. your typical Corvette in a Scout, due to the other mods I use. I could be conducting my first boarding operation within fifteen minutes off the back of this. It was fun, at the time, but feels a bit like an exploit now.

THE_TrashMan
x4

Post by THE_TrashMan » Wed, 31. May 23, 14:26

What mod are you using? I don't see bailing mods updated to 6.0
- Burning with Awesomeness

- Pontifex Maximus Panaidia Est Canicula Infernalis

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 31. May 23, 14:32

That's a discussion for the S&M forum or by PM thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”