Xenon stations spawn indefinitely in Matrix #79B ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KalisaFox
x4

Xenon stations spawn indefinitely in Matrix #79B ?

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 24. May 23, 23:48

wondering if im getting something similar in my game right now, i'm playing the beta build but been trying to clear tharkas cascade XV, i have defense stations blocking the main xenon entrances, have the place mostly covered with sats, sometimes random xenon fighters will cross but nothing really else but i will literally check back 5 min later and a fully built small defense station will be in my sat view range, no xenon ships around.
I have cleared maybe 15 similar defense stations so far and they just keep popping up, not slowly being built, just spawning. is it because i have not also claimed tharkas casade XVII?
I will also mention the xenon still have plenty of other sectors all over, this is just the first in my current game i have actually wiped out, i didnt have this problem in previous games taking Tharkas Cascade and having fully spawned systems coming in like this. Unless they are moving outside of my sensor network far above or below the normal plane, and once the stations are fully built it shows up?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Xenon stations spawn indefinitely in Matrix #79B ?

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 25. May 23, 08:45

Split from an old thread but readers will get the gist anyway.

There are two good ways of slowing down Xenon regeneration.

First, empty any Xenon build storage that you find of all resource pods. While they have resources, the invisible construction sites can suddenly pop into minimal existence once the Xenon have the station limit headroom to build a new one there.

Next, keep a warship near the empty build storage for a while to destroy any supply ships that come to restock it. If fighters can slip through defences then so can the odd supply ship.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 31. May 23, 16:14

just wanted to update, there was no resources i could find in the area and the xenon construction sites were empty but they did keep popping up, perhaps i was just missing random ships getting by to start it if thats even needed, but after i set up a patrol in the sector for afew hours they did seem to finally stop spawning, have removed the patrol for a good 10 hours now and no new stations.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Wed, 31. May 23, 18:10

I do kinda wish EgoSoft would address this. I get they want station destruction to be reasonably difficult but it get infuriating to be parked for hours destroying these stations that are just rebuilding themselves nearly as quickly as you destroy them because the build storage is over on the other side and a couple of S's manage to drop off while you are stuck in a defense drone swarm. I think there should be a unit other than just an S that needs to be present to build. That or the build storage needs to be a valid target as other station modules are. Having to keep manually destroying the containers is not terribly fun.

I enjoy the battles that come about when they bring in a rescue fleet. That can be hairy when a couple Ks show up and you get jumped. That kinda stuff is fun, the hours and hours of grind to try and stop every cockroach S that got through and started a new station isn't nearly so much fun. Probably hard to balance but after killing my 6th partial defense station they built while I was knocking out the Warf and Shipyard I was kinda getting grumpy about it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”