Auxiliary Ship won't stop buying wares... can we cancel trade offers?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RubyRezal
x4

Auxiliary Ship won't stop buying wares... can we cancel trade offers?

Post by RubyRezal » Tue, 23. May 23, 23:41

Early on I commandeered a Honshu and parked it at my HQ for repairs. Now I want to empty its hold, strip its equipment, and sell it to the highest bidder. But after I unload all its supplies it keeps automatically buying wares.

Can't figure out how to cancel Aux ship trade offers. Is it even possible to cancel Aux ship trade offers? :gruebel:

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Auxiliary Ship won't stop buying wares... can we cancel trade offers?

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 24. May 23, 00:00

What you need to do is create a trade rule which restricts trade with all factions (including your own) & apply that trade rule in the Resupply Ship Trade Settings section of Individual Instructions, as shown here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wttfibbdsmbfq ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 24. May 23, 08:43

do you even have to though? I'm pretty sure when you sell a ship to the NPC the total value is offered including its equipment and cargo.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

THE_TrashMan
x4

Post by THE_TrashMan » Wed, 24. May 23, 09:48

You get more if you sell individually.
- Burning with Awesomeness

- Pontifex Maximus Panaidia Est Canicula Infernalis

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 24. May 23, 12:11

It's a while ago now since we implemented that, and in the middle of a debugging session so can't check in-game, but I think they should stop buying stuff if their default behavior is anything other than Supply Fleet.

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Wed, 24. May 23, 13:26

Greetings,
RubyRezal wrote:
Tue, 23. May 23, 23:41
... Is it even possible to cancel Aux ship trade offers? :gruebel:
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 00:00
... a trade rule which restricts trade with all factions (including your own) & apply that trade rule in the Resupply Ship Trade Settings section of Individual Instructions...
That's the way I also made/make sure, they don't buy "accidentally" If I didn't/don't want them (for whatever reason) to serve in their intended role.
j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 12:11
...but I think they should stop buying stuff if their default behavior is anything other than Supply Fleet.
Interesting, I personally thought this is intended - In this case, I can confirm, Aux ships are still buying stuff, even on other orders than supply fleet (at least on "fly to", "hold position" and "defend position").
Same applies for Carriers.

The only difference to "supply fleet" is the lack of the UI trade offer element, which can be seen in map mode (if activated).

Unfortunately I personally can't provide a save you'd want to test on, but if OP doesn't provide one either, I could do a test start in creative mode with the vessel type(s) in question.

Cheers,
Nilus

EDIT: Additional Info which may come in handy...
Spoiler
Show
While manually ordered trades/transfers of resources get shown in the "order queue" of the AUX and thus also interfere with movement orders (beside others), the automatic ones don't, even if it's a designated vessel to "trade for commander", as Sub on the AUX (which is good - otherwise those would render the AUX stuck and useless/vulnerable).
Another observation where I am not sure if related or not is the fact, that own vessels which use "fill shortages" as default are those, which trade happily with those Bigships - not sure about "autotrade" as I don't use it at all besides station traders which you can't change as they are locked as station subordinates.

RubyRezal
x4

Post by RubyRezal » Thu, 25. May 23, 18:22

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 00:00
What you need to do is create a trade rule which restricts trade with all factions (including your own) & apply that trade rule in the Resupply Ship Trade Settings section of Individual Instructions, as shown here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wttfibbdsmbfq ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Thank you!
j.harshaw wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 12:11
It's a while ago now since we implemented that, and in the middle of a debugging session so can't check in-game, but I think they should stop buying stuff if their default behavior is anything other than Supply Fleet.
The ship I was trying to sell did not stop buying wares when removed from a fleet supply assignment. Eventually I noticed I couldn't sell wares from the ship either. I think I had mostly emptied the hold by transferring wares to my HQ, then set up trades for the remaining wares, but those trades failed.

I went as far as removing all orders, reassigning the crew, and manually flying the ship. Traders kept docking to sell wares to the Honshu until I added a the totally restricted trade rule as advised.

I may have given that Honshu a Get Supplies order at some point.

Unfortunately I can't provide a save file for the Honshu in this state. I didn't think to archive one because I assumed I just didn't understand how resupply ships are supposed to work. I couldn't reproduce the issue with the same ship from a save before I started my attempt to sell. Not sure if I did anything different this time. :gruebel:
Even after all queded trades had finished I was unable to sell wares from the Honshu. I should have archived a save at that point but it was late, I was tired, and I was frustrated with the ship not behaving as I expected. I gave up trying to sell the wares and just sold the ship with whatever was still on it. If I see the problem again I'll be sure to upload a save.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 25. May 23, 19:39

I set up two Trade Rules when I start a new game, "No Trading" and "Me Only" with the latter being the default. As a result, none of my Auxiliary ship or Carriers buy anything, unless I explicitly allow them.

As an aside, having an Auxiliary support ship available is really useful, especially if you have L-Class ships (Destroyers) defending an area. So, it might be worth hanging on to, as it automates maintenance of those ships.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 25. May 23, 22:31

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 19:39
I set up two Trade Rules when I start a new game, "No Trading" and "Me Only" with the latter being the default. As a result, none of my Auxiliary ship or Carriers buy anything, unless I explicitly allow them.
Same here. First thing I do when starting a new game is setup my trade rules. Generally have 4 of them:

1. Embargo List - all the factions I don't want my ships or stations to trade with. For my current Boron game this includes SCA, HOP, both Terran factions & all Split factions. This is my default.

2. Not My Ships - Embargo List + my own faction. I use this for wares I don't want my ships to bother with, but I'm perfectly happy for friendly factions to send a ship to trade. Generally low value wares (e.g. energy cells) & critical wares (e.g. drone components) if I haven't yet located a supplier - prevents a critical wares lockup for station freighters.

3. Only My Ships - mostly used for basic resources & end products.

4. Trade Prohibited - no factions can trade, including my own. Generally used for intermediates on stations which are not produced with a significant surplus & for carriers & auxiliaries (don't want my freighters to wander into the middle of a battle to attempt resupply).

RubyRezal
x4

Post by RubyRezal » Fri, 26. May 23, 19:09

Scoob wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 19:39
As an aside, having an Auxiliary support ship available is really useful, especially if you have L-Class ships (Destroyers) defending an area. So, it might be worth hanging on to, as it automates maintenance of those ships.
Definitely, but I prefer Atlas E for this role because it's faster and more maneuverable. The Honshu was an easy early game boarding target and I was ready to trade up.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 26. May 23, 21:34

RubyRezal wrote:
Fri, 26. May 23, 19:09
Definitely, but I prefer Atlas E for this role because it's faster and more maneuverable. The Honshu was an easy early game boarding target and I was ready to trade up.
Fair enough, I generally snag whatever I can then park it somewhere - ships come to it for repairs, so speed and manoeuvrability are less important.

RubyRezal
x4

Post by RubyRezal » Sat, 27. May 23, 02:45

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 26. May 23, 21:34

Fair enough, I generally snag whatever I can then park it somewhere - ships come to it for repairs, so speed and manoeuvrability are less important.
Yeah, you're right. Watching a Manticore fly out to my fleet Atlas for repairs right now makes me think I should have kept the Honshu at HQ. Oh well, I'm working my way to a shipyard. Will be able to build a replacement soon enough.

Return to “X4: Foundations”