My Trader ships always leaving my stations with 15% or less cargo

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: My Trader ships always leaving my stations with 15% or less cargo

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 25. May 23, 13:03

Vanilla trading is designed to reward hand on player involvement. Therefore players who know what they are doing can easily outperform autated trade scripts by manual trading or by setting up efficient repeat orders.

The station traders are designed to match sell and buy offers. In case of a failed sell order there has to be a fallback to get rid of left over cargo. The behaviour the OP describes when they manually load the freighter is just the fallback behaviour.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Thu, 25. May 23, 18:07

Repli wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 06:24
-snip-
You could organize everything with repeat orders, but you can not mimic those orders and still have to manually set each ship on those. Thats really annoying :cry: and of course these ships spams your property list :wink:
I've been using repeat orders and stacking up the sell stations list manually and it seems to be way more efficient.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 25. May 23, 18:31

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 13:03
The behaviour the OP describes when they manually load the freighter is just the fallback behaviour.
Yes, and the complaint is that the fallback behavior is more efficient than the primary behavior, so why not just make the fallback behavior the primary to begin with? Which can be explained by:
Therefore players who know what they are doing can easily outperform autated trade scripts by manual trading or by setting up efficient repeat orders.
But then the issue becomes:
Repli wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 06:24
You could organize everything with repeat orders, but you can not mimic those orders and still have to manually set each ship on those. Thats really annoying :cry: and of course these ships spams your property list :wink:
Manually setting trade loops to optimize production would be great for players that enjoy micromanagement - I'm one of them. But the current systems and interface for doing so are painful to use.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 25. May 23, 20:04

A5PECT wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 18:31
Manually setting trade loops to optimize production would be great for players that enjoy micromanagement - I'm one of them. But the current systems and interface for doing so are painful to use.
The most ... irritating (?) part of this is you can pretty much do all of this back in X2 and X3 simply with the "buy for best price/sell for best price" command. The only weakness was overlapping orders, but that would have been solved with X4's sale/buy order system. In another word, it would have been a perfect set up had the game kept the same trade system of previous games and augmented to with the order system of X4.

Now with the manager delegation system, we basically have to jump through a bunch of additional hoop to achieve the samething that what we could have done with 2 simple button pressed.]
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Return to “X4: Foundations”