[Request] Improve crew quarters

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jojorne
x4

[Request] Improve crew quarters

Post by jojorne » Wed, 17. May 23, 22:00

I like traveling in crew quarters for two reasons:
1 - There's no monitor beep sound and even the engine sound of the ship is muffled;
2 - I have a mobile base where I can accept mission and even do some of them.

But atm, the room is kinda useless for - again - two reasons:
1 - If I need to collect the captain's inventory, I need to leave the room and return to the bridge;
2 - If I want to use SETA - again - I need to leave the room and return to the bridge.

So the request is mainly to:
1 - Add a safe-deposit box to collect the captain's inventory;
2 - Add a chair without the monitor beep sound where we can sit and use SETA.

jojorne
x4

Re: [Request] Improve crew quarters

Post by jojorne » Fri, 19. May 23, 01:15

See, a cozy and silent room to relax while you think about the strategy part of the game. 🥰
...Pitty the room is kinda useless atm like you can't even intercom the captain, you know? 😭

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 19. May 23, 01:34

The crew quarters feels like the wrong room for this - you'll make the crew nervous hanging around like that. Capital ships should have an office in them instead, like the HQ does. It's weird that they all have a completely useless brig in them, but not an office.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Fri, 19. May 23, 01:57

Admiral Sausage wrote:
Fri, 19. May 23, 01:34
The crew quarters feels like the wrong room for this - you'll make the crew nervous hanging around like that. Capital ships should have an office in them instead, like the HQ does. It's weird that they all have a completely useless brig in them, but not an office.
Right!?? No, yes. You are right. I know there is a mod to add more room variation but... well, it's a mod.
If you want to be in battle, you need to be in the bridge room to take control of the ship when needed.
Tho this should be more like a room where everyone gathers before going into battle/action, you know?
Like if I ordered the ship to repair, do I really need to be at the bridge or office waiting for it to finish?
So I kind of just want to talk to the captain and get his inventory before I leave or speed up ordinary tasks.
But without a safe deposit box or a chair with SETA, this room is pretty useless for these ordinary tasks.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Fri, 19. May 23, 12:08

Admiral Sausage wrote:
Fri, 19. May 23, 01:34
The crew quarters feels like the wrong room for this - you'll make the crew nervous hanging around like that. Capital ships should have an office in them instead, like the HQ does.
+1. Captain cabin should be in all ships, exept S. Ideal for work. But crew quarters also should contain some interactive chairs for just relax.

Additionally, I wish interactive intercoms with captain on wall in each area, exept bridge! Even on landing pads! Communication menu with captain should be equivalent direct conversation. Including collect inventory option.

I wish new conversation option: "I have new order to you!.." which should opened map with per-selected captain's ship to command it.

Thomas2052
x4

Post by Thomas2052 » Mon, 29. May 23, 21:52

I'd really enjoy an office with a view our of the ship, like
Spoiler
Show
the paranid guy who coordinates the herald missions in board the shark carrier
I mean, the assets are there and have been implemented in this instance. Plus you can see out of the cell windows in the brig too!
Older. Not wiser.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Wed, 31. May 23, 16:18

I missing illuminators in Crew Quarters too...

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 31. May 23, 17:38

really love this idea as well, crew quarters or captains quarters for what ever fits for the ship, but having some kind of seat with access to some stuff would be nice, its one of the reasons I love traveling in my astrid, i just set up in my office

Agrefits
x4

Post by Agrefits » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 12:23

I totally agree, a kind of personal Admirals Quarters would be a nice addition for a quiet room doing empire Management Stuff during travel

I totally agree, a kind of personal Admirals Quarters would be a nice addition for a quiet room doing empire Management Stuff during travel.

Additionally, if possible i'd love to see an access to the Station Building Simulator without having to jump out of the current Savegame into a new, slimmed down Station Builder Universe. The Building Simulator would be one of the few perfect things to do while you're ideling.

Being able to design Station (with a preview function) while the time passes and construction on curret peoject advances would be awesome

Return to “X4: Foundations”