Multiverse Team Seasons: Season 1 Beta ends, preparing for the next steps

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Multiverse Team Seasons: Public Beta now available

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 11:48

It might be my overinterpretation, but I have an impression we'll be able to do some venture mission/interaction within player side of universe (e.g. hunting venture ships,fleets, bases spawned into player universe) - but I'm probably bound for dissapointment.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Fri, 21. Apr 23, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 12:08

Raevyan wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 11:29
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 09:30
Current venture design is boring crap.
This. I find absolutely no fun in reading a wall of pointless text explaining nothing and clicking a button and wait to get a reward. If i wanna have this kind of "gameplay" i'll go play mobile games, which are much better than that.
Yeah, i doesn't fit into a living and breathing universe a with fully simulated economy.

Mikenon
x4

Post by Mikenon » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 13:24

Hi

I'm very disapointet by this "Terrible System" I got in 2 Hours 3 Times the Info Mining Ship loose. I look and see a yellow Ship from the other Fraktion which kills my Miners. I say ok, than i need ships to protekt and give my stations ships. but they don't protekt Miners... ok very old and never solved problem. but then i fly to the yellow ship and kill them. Whush Reputations loose...... WHY They come, kills my ships and i have no permission to do something against.

So new beta disabled. Have fun with this new system, but without me.
Hakuna Matata Vergiss die Sorgen und Genies dein leben, es ist eh alles viel zu kurz

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 13:33

Really don't like the idea of any sort of multiplayer being inserted into one of my favorite single player games of all time. If there ever is an X5 and it has this much or more, that'll be a pass for me.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

Ydyp
x4

Post by Ydyp » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 14:14

Jeraal wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 13:33
Really don't like the idea of any sort of multiplayer being inserted into one of my favorite single player games of all time. If there ever is an X5 and it has this much or more, that'll be a pass for me.
Then you should have stayed clear of X4 as well as Ventures were here at launch, got disabled a couple of years ago because they wanted to rework it because of player feedback. and guess what that player feedback was not delete it, though there were a few minor votes for that as well. Just like now.

And if you don't like it there is a very easy solution: don't build the Venture modules. Your save will stay offline and you will not see any visitors either.

jambock
x4

Post by jambock » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 17:45

Ydyp wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 14:14
Jeraal wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 13:33
Then you should have stayed clear of X4 as well as Ventures were here at launch, got disabled a couple of years ago because they wanted to rework it because of player feedback. and guess what that player feedback was not delete it, though there were a few minor votes for that as well. Just like now.

And if you don't like it there is a very easy solution: don't build the Venture modules. Your save will stay offline and you will not see any visitors either.
Sorry, just posting again because you (and others) seems to not get the main reason for people be unhappy with this; it is "Resources"; Ego is a small company and their Resources are scarce, so people are basically complaining that in their (and my) opinion there's more pressing and useful things to spend those resources than in venture.
When i bough Kingdoms End i didn't only intended to have new sectors and story line, but to help Ego with resources so they can improve X4; i don't see Venture as an improvement...

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 21. Apr 23, 23:09

jambock wrote:
Fri, 21. Apr 23, 17:45
Sorry, just posting again because you (and others) seems to not get the main reason for people be unhappy with this; it is "Resources"; Ego is a small company and their Resources are scarce, so people are basically complaining that in their (and my) opinion there's more pressing and useful things to spend those resources than in venture.
When i bough Kingdoms End i didn't only intended to have new sectors and story line, but to help Ego with resources so they can improve X4; i don't see Venture as an improvement...
Yes, this is my main concern. When people look for what games to buy or which ones to come back to, they look at what it has to offer. Unique content, experiences, well-told stories; with X many players look for the ships you can fly, the sectors you can visit, the stations you can build, the weapons you can build, unique factions you can play.

The multiverse doesn't add anything of that sort. You get a limited multiplayer that isn't really multiplayer, no co-op, no visiting a friend. No, just additional AI-controlled ships that mess with you, a resource sink and the chance at some limited loot when the season ends. For that I'm sure some devs had to dedicate a sizeable amount of hours to make it work, time that could've been spent on either new content, expanding existing content (like better options for sector management) or at the very least tweaking some of the longer standing sore issues (destroyer behaviour when attacking Xenon stations, AI navigation through hazards).

But it's not just that I don't get much of the multiverse. It's that I don't get anything at all. If I want to try the multiverse, I can't use my old save (with over 1k hours in it, I don't want to give everything up), because I made paintjobs and mod parts buyable when the ventures were down and now my save is - oh the horror - modified.

Obviously, I don't want Egosoft to fail. I want the game and their projects surrounding the game to succeed. But on the other hand I don't want them to create content for something I can't access, as I use mods. I want content I can enjoy, multiverse seasons don't fall into that category for me.

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 07:51

Its remind me old times, X2 era, no platform like steam, no multi, no internet everywere,
was a nice "semi multi idea". A "One Save, Many Players" . And group of friends,
sent once per week or days a save with "own assets, and others players have own assets".
And every persons played with own roleplay "scenario".
Very "hermetic and funny idea of a game.

"The Young Guns dont knowsssss" ;)

:teladi:

tquinn82
x4

Post by tquinn82 » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 10:35

I like Ventures on paper. I like the idea of sending ships on asynchronos missions to get in-game rewards that carry over to single player.
But I am getting sick of suped up corvettes appearing out of nowhere to pop my traders and miners in 2 shots with no warning. Even L ships are not safe.

This needs balancing. A new player can have access to ventures within an hour, only to be invaded by fully upgraded ships that they cannot defend against.

There needs to be systems in place that allow a player to prepare for invaders. Give us a timer before they show up, tell use where they will show up, tell us who they will be targeting. At least then we can prepare a defense of some kind.

Or better yet, make all invaders neutral so you don't have to fight them unless you engage first.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 11:50

tquinn82 wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 10:35
I like Ventures on paper. I like the idea of sending ships on asynchronos missions to get in-game rewards that carry over to single player.
But I am getting sick of suped up corvettes appearing out of nowhere to pop my traders and miners in 2 shots with no warning. Even L ships are not safe.

This needs balancing. A new player can have access to ventures within an hour, only to be invaded by fully upgraded ships that they cannot defend against.

There needs to be systems in place that allow a player to prepare for invaders. Give us a timer before they show up, tell use where they will show up, tell us who they will be targeting. At least then we can prepare a defense of some kind.

Or better yet, make all invaders neutral so you don't have to fight them unless you engage first.
Someone earlier had the idea of making them emerge from Anomalies. Seems like it could be interesting. Egosoft don't really seem to have much of a use in mind for them. I thought once they'd serve as like unregulated, unofficial gates for pirates and Xenon to use, but they're too chaotic and AI can't even fly into them. Other than during the ToA plot they're just a way for the player to catapult themselves at random around the universe, which is of highly questionable utility.

So maybe having visitor ships get flung out of them and then head to their objective would make them a bit more manageable.
***modified***

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 16:15

I have some questions:
  1. "Brane Fuel" sounds a lot like the TiMeSaVeRs from mobile games. Can you please confirm that these will only be available from ingame missions (no monetisation on ventures)?
  2. After converting a save game to an online save game, is this save game still available to me if I am offline?
  3. What is the protocol for losing online connection during the game with an online save game?
  4. Some of these ventures take a long time to finish. Do the timers continue to run while I am offline (can I send a venture, quit the game, start the game the next day and expect my venture to be finished)?
  5. What happens if the venture module is destroyed after sending away a ship?
  6. Are multiple instances of the game allowed?
Thanks in advance.

Old Drullo321
x4

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 19:00

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 16:15
I have some questions:
  1. "Brane Fuel" sounds a lot like the TiMeSaVeRs from mobile games. Can you please confirm that these will only be available from ingame missions (no monetisation on ventures)?
  2. After converting a save game to an online save game, is this save game still available to me if I am offline?
  3. What is the protocol for losing online connection during the game with an online save game?
  4. Some of these ventures take a long time to finish. Do the timers continue to run while I am offline (can I send a venture, quit the game, start the game the next day and expect my venture to be finished)?
  5. What happens if the venture module is destroyed after sending away a ship?
  6. Are multiple instances of the game allowed?
Thanks in advance.
1. At the moment they are only available with ingame missions
2. Yes and even if it wasn't, you could simply copy/paste it before
3. [Don't know, didn't try]
4. Yes, the same as before
5. [Don't know, didn't try]
6. [Don't know, didn't try]

HKO2006
x4

Post by HKO2006 » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 09:46

What quality-of-life mods are ok?

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 10:25

HKO2006 wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 09:46
Would not go installing any in your vanilla game yet, I don't think that's been established so far.
***modified***

Xairo
x4

Post by Xairo » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 12:32

I keep losing reputation ever since enabling the beta. Most likely because of enemy venture ships. I am about to purge a chunk of the galaxy wether I want to or not.

Incinerator
x4

Post by Incinerator » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 13:18

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 11:50
tquinn82 wrote:
Sat, 22. Apr 23, 10:35

Someone earlier had the idea of making them emerge from Anomalies. Seems like it could be interesting. Egosoft don't really seem to have much of a use in mind for them. I thought once they'd serve as like unregulated, unofficial gates for pirates and Xenon to use, but they're too chaotic and AI can't even fly into them. Other than during the ToA plot they're just a way for the player to catapult themselves at random around the universe, which is of highly questionable utility.

So maybe having visitor ships get flung out of them and then head to their objective would make them a bit more manageable.
This* I'm still early in my game started a new game and decided to try out ventures, basicly just got Dal Busta after finishing the Hatikva plot with the scientist start. Souped up player Prometheuses are zipping around doing diplomatic missions and Kuraokami's zooming around doing war effort. I got one of the Kuraokami to aggro me in a Buzzard I had aquired during the plot, I ran to the nearest Teladi destroyer and got it to hit the destroyer but the npc's seems to ignore the hostile venture ships.

Some better matchmaking to put players closer to what their networth and or played time perhaps, or budgeted custom together with other budgeted custom?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 14:02

Incinerator wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 13:18
Souped up player Prometheuses are zipping around doing diplomatic missions and Kuraokami's zooming around doing war effort.
Have been actively hunting such ships. They can be quite valuable if you can capture them mostly intact. Have often been a really fun dogfight too, particularly if the pilot is well trained.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 14:07

To be honest I doubt if net worth or budgeted start means much. You're not churning out big expensive fleets here, all they need to have done is some (pretty easy) research, and either completed war missions or killed other venture ships, and then they've got the capacity to put serious upgrades on any S or M ship they like. Then it gets duplicated numerous times by ventures (so you actually have enough ships for anyone to even notice them) and sent into people's universes to wreak havoc.

I don't really see how they can get around this without either giving players an option somewhere about what they want coming through, or else just deciding on a universal difficulty and accepting it will be too hard for some and too boring for others.
***modified***

AdrianWir
x4

Post by AdrianWir » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 14:30

HKO2006 wrote:
Sun, 23. Apr 23, 09:46
No mods are ok. If Egosoft picks up some mods, they will probably release it as a signed BonusPack or miniDCL. Installing these mods yourself will prevent you from playing online.
Laptop ASUS | Ryzen 5 3550H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia GTX1650 - X4 works fine... until you have a huge fleet and lots of stations :)

XUDB forum

gkiller001
x4

Post by gkiller001 » Sun, 23. Apr 23, 15:09

How can i play it i have followed the step by step and the game want load it gets to the loading screen then closes

Return to “X4: Foundations”