X4: Kingdom End and major 6.00 Update now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X4: Kingdom End and major 6.00 Update now available

Post by Gregory » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:37

The time has come! You can now update your X4 to the brand new 6.00 version and, with the purchase of X4: Kingdom End, embark on a new and captivating chapter of X4. A long-awaited reunion with the Boron is in store for you - be prepared for unique ships, distinctive systems, old secrets and new acquaintances!

The time has come! You can now update your X4 to the brand new 6.00 version and, with the purchase of X4: Kingdom End, embark on a new and captivating chapter of X4. A long-awaited reunion with the Boron is in store for you - be prepared for unique ships, distinctive systems, old secrets and new acquaintances!

New X4 Bundles
We're celebrating this gathering of all the familiar species of the X universe by putting together two new X4 bundles: While the Community of Planets Edition is quite self-explanatory, in that it includes only game content, we have a summary image for the new Collector's Edition that shows you what's included.

CoP_Collectors_Edition_EN_1200.png

You can find more detailed descriptions on the new X4: Community of Planets Collector's Edition bundle page. We thank you in advance for your support!

6.00 Update
The free major 6.00 update for X4: Foundations introduces some significant improvements. You can find the complete changelog at the end of this news, but we would like to highlight a few individual points:

X TECH 5
While integrating the next generation of our graphics engine with several big visual improvements (details below), as well as a new, more powerful physics engine with performance and feature improvements, we're also maintaining savegame compatibility for X4.

New physics engine
Experience the thrill of space more than ever before in X4: Foundations, with the integration of Jolt Physics into X TECH 5. Whether you're navigating an asteroid field, docking at a space station, or engaging in combat, Jolt Physics adds a new level of realism and immersion to every moment of gameplay. You'll feel the full force of acceleration and deceleration as you pilot your ship, and every collision will have a tangible impact. In addition to enhancing the overall gameplay experience, the integration of Jolt Physics also brings about performance and feature improvements to X TECH 5.

Improved lighting
The main goal with the new lighting engine in X TECH 5 is to improve natural-looking sunlight in space. More vibrant colours, higher intensity suns, and a wider range of interesting lighting moods. X TECH 5 gives us many new tools to achieve this. Reflection probes greatly improve lighting situations inside cockpits, bridges and on stations, and seamlessly integrates with the screen space reflections introduced in a previous version of X4. You will also note that the shadow-casting in X TECH 5 has massively improved. This greatly helps in producing more realistic visuals at greater distances.

Introduction of parallax occlusion mapping
With the inclusion of parallax occlusion mapping, X TECH 5 features a technique that allows us to add extra detail and depth to surfaces in the game. This is achieved by using a special type of texture that encodes information about the height and shape of a surface, which is then used to create the illusion of 3D depth and detail. As a player, you can expect to see a noticeable improvement in the realism and immersion of surfaces in the game, as parallax occlusion mapping allows us to add subtle details and depth that were not previously possible.

Position Defence
The new Position Defence feature in Update 6.00 allows players to have a single carrier-led fleet defend multiple locations while maintaining its streamlined support structure. Individual subordinate groups within the fleet can be assigned to protect specific locations, and will patrol the area until they need to return to the carrier for repairs or resupply. Additionally, these subordinate groups can be set to support other groups in the fleet if they come into contact with threats. This allows for flexible and dynamic defence of multiple locations with a single fleet. We can't wait for you to try out this new feature and see how it enhances your gameplay experience.

Live Stream camera mode
Live Stream is a brand-new camera mode in X4: Foundations that brings you closer to the action. Once activated, by hitting F6, Live Stream mode allows you to watch interesting events and scenes unfold in your game in real-time. Whether it's an epic space battle, a bustling space station, or a beautiful nebula, this new mode has you covered. One of the best things about Live Stream mode is that it automatically switches between scenes, so you never have to worry about missing out on the action. You can sit back, relax, and enjoy the show, as our new camera mode takes you on a tour of the most interesting moments in your game.

6.00 Update - Full Changelog
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

magitsu
x4

Re: X4: Kingdom End and major 6.00 Update now available

Post by magitsu » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:09

Yasur ship*: at the start of the Multiverse Team Seasons, you will have immediate access to the light fighter ship Yasur in your Venture Inventory (additional units can be earned during ventures)
Interesting reveal regarding Ventures. Though at a bit steep cost if you want to go for it since it requires buying everything (most probably don't have/want all the soundtracks) :wink:

But these packs should make it much easier for a new player to hop on.
Last edited by magitsu on Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:14

magitsu wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:09
Yasur ship*: at the start of the Multiverse Team Seasons, you will have immediate access to the light fighter ship Yasur in your Venture Inventory (additional units can be earned during ventures)
Interesting reveal regarding Ventures. Though at a bit steep cost if you want to go for it since it requires rebuying everything you already have :wink:

But these packs should make it much easier for a new player to hop on.
I must be blind - where is this venture information from?

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:15

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:14
I must be blind - where is this venture information from?
Behind this link in the op: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3 ... s_Edition/

toxic-nova
x4

Post by toxic-nova » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:28

now my question is...

Is this "Multiverse Team Seasons" and those "ventures" only for unmodded games?
Is it even possible to get that ship or to see that ship in a modded game?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:43

toxic-nova wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:28
now my question is...

Is it even possible to get that ship or to see that ship in a modded game?
1) yes
2) no, not without further mods [which don't exist yet]

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:44

toxic-nova wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:28
Yes.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:45

Congrats Egosoft! Thank you :)
Is the new ship something we can acquire now, or only once the 'multiverse season' starts?

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:56

Since I already own the original Collectors edition, do I get access to the exclusive items aswell, or do I need to get the Community of Planets Collectors edition?
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:59

DJ_D wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:56
Since I already own the original Collectors edition, do I get access to the exclusive items aswell, or do I need to get the Community of Planets Collectors edition?
The new Community of Planets Collector's Edition includes the bonus content from the old Collector's Edition, but adds additional, new bonus content on top. On Steam you are be able to "complete the bundle" to get everything, at a discount. You'll only be paying for what's missing in your collection.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:27

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:59
DJ_D wrote:
The new Community of Planets Collector's Edition includes the bonus content from the old Collector's Edition, but adds additional, new bonus content on top. On Steam you are be able to "complete the bundle" to get everything, at a discount. You'll only be paying for what's missing in your collection.
I do appreciate that I can "complete the bundle" on the new DLC. I think most devs generally leave that out.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 21:20

Gregory wrote:
DJ_D wrote:
I guess GOG doesn't support a similar upgrade path?

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 00:03

Matthew94 wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 21:20
Gregory wrote:
DJ_D wrote:
I guess GOG doesn't support a similar upgrade path?
Alright I have already bought the OG CE twice once on GoG and also on steam.

Steam will allow me to upgrade to the Community of Planets CE

Purchasing
ToA + ToA soundtrack
KE + KE Sound Track
And CoP Bonus Material Upgrade.

total cost not much more than more than buying the KE expansion and KE soundtrack

GoG
I just need KE + KE soundtrack
And the CoP Bonus Upgrade

GoG wishes me to to purchase the Entire CoP CE bundle (effectively a 3rd purchase of the product) at a price similar to price in 2018) and twice the price for me to upgrade the Steam copy

Steam is treating the Bonus material as a acceptably priced upgrade but I would prefer my GoG copy.

Vadi
x3ap

Post by Vadi » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 04:57

Thanks for the great update. I love the lighting updates, on highest settings some sectors in space look absolutely stunning! The amount of other improvements that have been done is astounding.

Though the most important part of the update are the bugfixes - quality issues in the game are what dissapointed and put me off X4 a couple of years ago. The situation is far better now, but not completely resolved - I hope to see more continued efforts in this area :)

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 07:24

I bought everything including the pack for the Multiverse seasons -- but since this is something for an upcoming feature, how come Egosoft does not inform us in the minutest details how it will work? In my mind, for the sake of informed consent, that should really be considered an obligation. And the fact they are forbidding beta-testers to tell how it works through an NDA makes it even more disturbing. It does not seem ok.

Also, I can unfortunately say that this new engine has been a disappointment for my RX 7900 XTX, very low framerates compared to 5.0. I hope there's further optimization work.

Apart from that, congratulations for the additions to the universe. But please inform players everything about "Multiverses".
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 09:41

MakerLinux wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 07:24
I how come Egosoft does not inform us in the minutest details how it will work?
We go into great detail on how you are able to access both the ship as well as the paintmod on both Steam and GOG description pages of the X4: Community of Planets Collector's Edition.

As for Multiverse Team Seasons itself, we'll communicate once we'll open public beta.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 10:41

Trying to complete my collection, I get the following message on Steam when trying to order the CoP CE:

Does this mean I will be charged again for the extra content?

joheee111088

Post by joheee111088 » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 10:59

Good afternoon! Finally the long awaited update! Will battle tactics be added in the future in ship formations (attack distance, maneuvers, speed, pursuit, selective attack on certain targets, etc.)?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 11:02

Roeleveld wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 10:41
Trying to complete my collection, I get the following message on Steam when trying to order the CoP CE:

Does this mean I will be charged again for the extra content?
No, it means you already have those items and therefore won't be charged for them. The message is not as clear as it could be, and we're in discussions with Steam to try to get them to improve it.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 11:37

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 09:41
MakerLinux wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 07:24
I how come Egosoft does not inform us in the minutest details how it will work?
We go into great detail on how you are able to access both the ship as well as the paintmod on both Steam and GOG description pages of the X4: Community of Planets Collector's Edition.

As for Multiverse Team Seasons itself, we'll communicate once we'll open public beta.
But since you're offering a Multiverses bonus, you should at least be providing some information on the relevance of investing in that DLC. Maybe you don't have an ETA, ok, but what about other aspects? E.g., I can infer it will preclude mods, but better inform that; are the ventures base parts going to be used, or a completely new mechanic will be necessary for this new online mode? Will the player need to start a new game from 6.0 to be able to use it, or pre-6.0 games will work provided they're not modded? Will this online mode need a specific start, or it will work seamlessly as an option in the regular game starts? Will people on GOG be able to play with people on Steam?
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Return to “X4: Foundations”