X4: Kingdom End and major 6.00 Update now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: Kingdom End and major 6.00 Update now available

Post by Gregory » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 12:00

Update 6.00 HF 2 now available

It has been two weeks since we released the significant 6.00 update and the X4: Kingdom End expansion. We wholeheartedly thank you for your support. The release day of 6.00 and X4: Kingdom End marked the most successful day for X4 since its original release in November 2018. Not only that, during the weekends following the 6.00 release, over 10,000 players have been playing X4 simultaneously. This phenomenal response delights us, and we are thrilled that our dedicated efforts over the past months and years have been well received.

We have just released Hotfix 2 for version 6.00, which addresses several issues, including pathing problems with an X4: Kingdom End mission in "Sanctuary of Darkness." Please review the complete changelog provided below, and we hope you continue to enjoy both 6.00 and X4: Kingdom End.

6.00 Hotfix 2
  • Fixed Queen's Herald gamestart not being unlocked by default.
  • Fixed The High Road mission not being offered if Boron story is set to complete in Creative Custom gamestart.
  • Fixed Repair Ship disappearing in Terran Secret Service story.
  • Fixed Hatikvah Arms Delivery mission not proceeding when delivering ships during Boron Plot.
  • Fixed Menelaus' Reminiscence getting stuck in hazardous region at end of The High Road mission.
  • Fixed The High Road mission not accepting temporary player ship back if provided consumables were used.
  • Fixed Geometric Owl being trapped in wrong position in Torus during Torus Aeternal mission of Pioneer Terraforming story.
  • Fixed suitless Boron sometimes being client for various missions.
  • Fixed Friends in Low Places achievement not triggering.
  • Fixed wrecks in Sanctuary of Darkness being destroyed and not awarding achievement.
  • Fixed hull damage from "thunder" region in Sanctuary of Darkness.
  • Fixed selection of navigation beacons for HQ warping not working in some gamestarts.
  • Fixed excessive explosive asteroids being created over time.
  • Fixed missing population numbers in most Boron systems.
  • Fixed missing illegal wares for Boron faction.
  • Fixed rare case of game incorrectly being detected as "modified" when entering Jupiter system.
  • Fixed freeze when changing graphics settings with game installed on very fast drive.
  • Fixed missing voice lines for English, French and German.
  • Fixed screen going black towards end of loading certain savegames.
  • Fixed specific case of stuttering.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 16:21

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 27. Apr 23, 12:00
Update 6.00 HF 2 now available
Thanks for the work on fixing this, especially the exploding asteroids. Still, I was hoping for a tweak to the container magnet.
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=453770&p=5176800& ... t#p5173880
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 20:40

Hi !
thank you very much to maintain this wonderful X4, and the last (may be not the last :roll: ) DLC with the lovely BORON.
Borons ships are beautiful in space, and big thk for the station editor update function.

I kept an eye on the appearance of Borons in the X4 universe, but I had not seen the updates on the functions of the station editor it is ideal now. I had taken a long break on X4 (See with my signature !, due to a resumption of activity, it is always nice to find a game universe kept up to date and with novelty thank you for that.

Stephane.
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 21:56

Thank you for the fixes. Hope you are also checking the exit speed from superhighways that in 6.0 is very high (20.000km/s) and adding back a functioning <superhighway exitspeed="xxx" /> to parameters.
:)

sillls
x4

Post by sillls » Sun, 30. Apr 23, 21:23

I keep getting attack warnings from the Teladi and didn't know why.

But after looking into it, I found out what is happening.
The Split ships that I have been attacking happen to be in Teladi space. The Split send out distress drones.
Said distress drones reach stations owned by Teladi where they are interpreted as an attack on there station.
This is messed up.
Now I am wondering if I need to report a bug.

Help.

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Sun, 30. Apr 23, 22:19

It's not a bug.
You are attacking an ally of Teladi in Teladi space. They protect them.

sillls
x4

Post by sillls » Sun, 30. Apr 23, 23:13

Thanks for that.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 4. May 23, 20:05

Apparently there is an update ..

Version: 6.00 HF 3 (498552) - 2023-05-04

Fixed signal leaks never appearing in Terran Pests mission of Pioneer Terraforming story for some people.
Fixed some (not all) cases of deployables colliding with deploying object on launch.
Fixed ships frequently flying through damaging regions in Sanctuary of Darkness.
Fixed wrong lines being spoken for several French voice lines.
Fixed incorrect file cleanup when downloading Steam Workshop extensions on Linux.
Fixed excessive UI performance loss in various situations.
Fixed game not starting on some Windows 7 systems.

GOG Galaxy is not updating the game, and GOG Offline Installers have not been updated .. I guess thats going to be tomorrow now?
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 4. May 23, 20:10

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Thu, 4. May 23, 20:05
GOG Galaxy is not updating the game
Galaxy is pulling 635MB for X4.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 4. May 23, 20:12

alt3rn1ty wrote:
GOG Galaxy is not updating the game, and GOG Offline Installers have not been updated .. I guess thats going to be tomorrow now?
We have updated the GOG version on Galaxy from our side, GOG were pre-warned of the hotfix, and it was sent to them as soon as it was ready. I have no idea why Galaxy is not offering you the update as this should be automatic, but I do know that their process for preparing the offline installers is partially a manual one and that it can sometimes take them a little time to complete it.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 4. May 23, 20:26

chew-ie wrote:
Thu, 4. May 23, 20:10
alt3rn1ty wrote:
GOG Galaxy is not updating the game
Galaxy is pulling 635MB for X4.
Huh!, weird, I have restarted Galaxy a few times now (and waited for the background process to stop in task manager before trying again), nothing so far. Maybe its regional or I'm at the tail end of the load balancing cue.
CBJ wrote:
Thu, 4. May 23, 20:12
We have updated the GOG version on Galaxy from our side, GOG were pre-warned of the hotfix, and it was sent to them as soon as it was ready. I have no idea why Galaxy is not offering you the update as this should be automatic, but I do know that their process for preparing the offline installers is partially a manual one and that it can sometimes take them a little time to complete it.
Yep I think I should be getting it (going by Chew-ie's post), at least through Galaxy, as you say the offline installers can be variable due to the extra bit of work involved.

It surprised me being three hours ago on the steam depot that nothing had come through yet, whereas Egosoft games are usually better than anyone else at getting GOG updates going in good time.

Well, time to go and torment the cat instead :twisted:
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 4. May 23, 20:34

Ha!, just manually clicked "Check for updates" .. and down it comes, seems like the auto-check is not so great in Galaxy :roll:

Seeker of Sohnen.

Titan Nya
x4

Post by Titan Nya » Mon, 8. May 23, 23:42

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 27. Apr 23, 12:00

[*]Fixed suitless Boron sometimes being client for various missions.
Well, a quick search for suitless Boron only returned this post so... Well I have got a couple of times now a Boron on the bridge of a ship without a suit operating a secondary console... Just a visual thing not important but was wondering if it was known :p (just gonna take the place of the unfortunate who lost his (or her) suit and let them go back)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 9. May 23, 10:43

Yes, we're aware that there is still a scenario where this can happen. It will be fixed in a forthcoming update.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Fri, 12. May 23, 00:26

Oooh I've just seen the seperate Community of Planets Collectors Edition Bonus in the GoG store.

Well Done Gregory.

Time to Complete the Collection.

KatanaNL
x4

Post by KatanaNL » Sat, 13. May 23, 19:17

ever since this patch i have noticed my carriers being pushed around by fighters and mediums ships when going in for landing making them push the carriers in circles, is anyone else experiencing this issue ??

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 15. May 23, 17:58

Another hotfix update has just been released. :)

Version: 6.00 HF 5 (499061) - 2023-05-15
  • Improved capital ship combat movement particularly when large number of capital ships attack single target.
  • Improved ship response to Tide in Avarice.
  • Fixed Boron Queen Carrier and Kingdom End Fleet in Boron plot being boardable.
  • Fixed Holy Three-Dimensionality mission getting stuck if destination station's dock destroyed.
  • Fixed signal leak generation during Court Case mission of Split Story.
  • Fixed welfare module research mission sometimes getting stuck if signal leak destroyed.
  • Fixed capital ships jumping through gates sometimes materialising very far from exit gate.
  • Fixed stations sometimes not offering rewards for destroying hostile ships close to them.
  • Fixed ships getting stuck indefinitely trying to get out of ship storage.
  • Fixed autopilot not properly disengaging when active while player teleports away.
  • Fixed ware exchange sometimes resulting in involved ship being unresponsive indefinitely.
  • Fixed attack subordinates not engaging commander's targets after first one when there are multiple targets.
  • Fixed inactive subordinates assigned to intercept or bombard not engaging hostile targets when set to launch while hostile targets already in radar range.
  • Fixed patrolling ships and interceptor subordinates engaging pods and space suits by default.
  • Fixed several issues with fallback code to separate stuck ships.
  • Fixed Boron Ray sometimes not firing main battery when it should.
  • Fixed pirate ships sometimes assuming cover identity while under fire.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 15. May 23, 21:53

Hi CBJ! I recently noticed that the much appreciated option to set autopilot independently from the guidance has an issue when you select a target for the autopilot while a guidance is active. The autopilot sometimes choses the guidance instead of the targeted area/station etc.
Also I repeat, hoping not to bother, that the exit speed from superhighways seems hardcoded at 20.000 m/s...well it could be considered a "feature" :D but the possibility to change that in parameters as was in 5.1 would be much appreciated here :mrgreen:

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 16. May 23, 09:16

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 15. May 23, 17:58
  • Improved capital ship combat movement particularly when large number of capital ships attack single target.
Oh now theres a sight to behold :) .. Testing .. My first station blown up = CAB in Heart of Acrimony

Sent a fleet of 3 x asgard, on coordinated attack, ai pilots. The lead ship did something I am not accustomed to seeing, he initially went straight at the station, and all 3 concentrated fire on a few modules .. But then the lead ship repositioned UNDERNEATH the station, while the other two took similar unusual positioning, one above and to the left, the other above and to the right, making all 3 come in from different angles on the Y axis. Within a few minutes the station was space dust.

The Asgards still strafe their main weapons which hasn't been addressed yet, but this change in movement seems to be helping a lot with close quarters fleet movement around a station. Will do lots more testing but this looks promising.

Seeker of Sohnen.

tkoller
x3tc

Post by tkoller » Sun, 21. May 23, 19:23

Solid improvements overall, but I have a request. Building a station from a saved file, or not thinking ahead properly, can lead to modules being built in an order that can be less than ideal. Could you make it possible to rearrange the order of modules to be built?
I have no plan, just a vague goal and the ability to adapt.

Return to “X4: Foundations”