TEM & TEL - Shouldn't they be friendly?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

TEM & TEL - Shouldn't they be friendly?

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 19:27

Just a quick question before I go making a bug report.

TEM (or BUC) should they be friendly with Teladi?

TEM have recently become established in my game (after quite a long time being knocked into near extinction by the PAR), and have a sector to themselves where they have the Dukes Haven shipyard/wharf station plus about seven other stations in the same sector (aswell as being dotted about in a few other sectors).

They are in Trinity Sanctum VII which has quite a good yield on resources.

So now the Teladi are trading with them, and at the same time mining the sector.
Recently I noticed the Teladi occasionally will drop a laser tower to have a go at the TEM stations.
And just now I witnessed TEM ganging up on one of the Teladi Construction vessels.

They aren't having a full on war, but they are not entirely behaving like friends either, I thought they were supposed to be ok with each other.
Anyone have any guesses or is this maybe a 6.0 Beta 7 possible bug / change?
Edit : Or is this just a part of the background shift in faction relations which occasionally happens.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: TEM & TEL - Shouldn't they be friendly?

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 20:23

I suspect that TEM/BUC will try to plunder stations of factions that are neutral to to them, or even faction ships that are close to another faction station that is neutral or friendly to the faction under attack. That could start off localised conflicts regardless of overall faction rep.

Another example of this is that ALI tolerate BUC and offer their ships sanctuary and even refit, but ALI are supposed to be a scientific offshoot of PAR who themselves are hostile to BUC. Hence (with the player IS) PAR can shoot at BUC ships landing at an ALI station dock, may hit the dock instead, get fired back at by the station, and then PAR call in the heavies to obliterate the 'friendly' ALI station. At least it respawns elsewhere. <shrugs>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 20:38

TEM by their nature are a rogue faction. I dont think they ever stop being pirates to rhe rest of the gemeral universe... they just leave you alone since you helped em out.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 20:50

Thanks Alan, I thought it may be something like that and didn't want to make a bug report in case.

I was getting a bit anxious though because I have wanted for ages to see TEM get established. There was an adjustment made by the devs during 5.0 betas to give TEM a bit more of a chance, after you build the Shipyard / Wharf for the Duke, and the Duke musters his Flagship plus a fleet, he goes off to put the universe right (in his opinion anyway). Trouble is he is surrounded by PAR who in a long term game have become really well established, so his fleet gets wiped out, all stations are pounced on by many PAR, and the Duke keeps trying to get a foot hold (initially in Dukes Haven, many times, and then eventually tries other sectors like Morning Star, Pious Mists IV).

Recently in my game in Trinity Sanctum VII he now has his Dukes Haven station plus a Defence station (so has sector ownership), Lost property station and assorted factories, plus started building in three stations in Trinity Sanctum III. This sector is heavy PAR, with its Defence stations, Shipyard, Wharf, Equipment dock and many assorted stations.

I decided to give the Duke a helping hand by various methods which keeps me friends with PAR (sabotage, and squatting some big ships in his docks then firing the captains so big PAR ships could not be produced in the same docks), and occasionally taking out the odd troublesome Oddissey or Zeus without losing too much rep with PAR and at the same time giving the Duke time to build up and spread. I also got my 3 wharfs and 1 shipyard to sell exclusively to the Duke.
Its working .. https://i.imgur.com/5dRXcXc.png

TLDR : So now I see the Teladi having a poke, and started worrying that the Teladi might turn into another PAR. After all the work nurturing TEM I really hope the Teladi being another large faction dont turn evil and ruin it all :).
Last edited by alt3rn1ty on Wed, 29. Mar 23, 21:13, edited 2 times in total.
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 20:52

grapedog wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 20:38
TEM by their nature are a rogue faction. I dont think they ever stop being pirates to rhe rest of the gemeral universe... they just leave you alone since you helped em out.
It could be just that aswell, and so have ruffled Teladi's feathers a bit (considering one of their constructers being attacked came to help repair TEM stations).

I shall wait and watch how things develop.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 21:22

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 20:50
Thanks Alan, I thought it may be something like that and didn't want to make a bug report in case.

I was getting a bit anxious though because I have wanted for ages to see TEM get established. There was an adjustment made by the devs during 5.0 betas to give TEM a bit more of a chance, after you build the Shipyard / Wharf for the Duke, and the Duke musters his Flagship plus a fleet, he goes off to put the universe right (in his opinion anyway). Trouble is he is surrounded by PAR who in a long term game have become really well established, so his fleet gets wiped out, all stations are pounced on by many PAR, and the Duke keeps trying to get a foot hold (initially in Dukes Haven, many times, and then eventually tries other sectors like Morning Star, Pious Mists IV).
Well, putting aside hoping that you actually made Duke's Haven a Deathstar, there is one other thing you can do to supercharge it.
Build a trade station, and set it to only sell to Duke's while buying from everyone. And if possible I'll throw in a fleet or 2 doing autotrade or whatever distribute wares is now called for certain critical goods.
That way you can buy up the Paranid supplies while selling them to the Duke.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 21:35

“In a dark place we find ourselves and a little more knowledge lights our way.”

8)

Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations”