[Request] See the storage of stations earlier in the game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jojorne
x4

[Request] See the storage of stations earlier in the game

Post by jojorne » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 05:43

You know one thing I miss from X Rebirth? When you hire a trade agent (the equivalent of trade license in x4) you also get to see the stations storage.
Last edited by jojorne on Thu, 6. Apr 23, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

DanKara
x4

Re: [Request] See the stations storage

Post by DanKara » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 06:52

I may be confusing things ... but I think thats already possible.
You just need to scan the station up to a certain point (or maybe only scan the storage modules of the station) then you have the data whath ressources and products are stored within the station info.
For updated data you need a ship or satelite nearby.

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 08:35

Scanning a station until at least 30% will let you see its inventory.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 09:05

+25 rep with a faction provides storage info for all of their stations, even those outside satellite coverage.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 09:34

DanKara wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 06:52
I may be confusing things ... but I think thats already possible.
You just need to scan the station up to a certain point (or maybe only scan the storage modules of the station) then you have the data whath ressources and products are stored within the station info.
For updated data you need a ship or satelite nearby.
blackphoenixx wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 08:35
Scanning a station until at least 30% will let you see its inventory.
This means you have to manually scan each and all stations to unlock the info. But what happens when you're sitting on a pile of cash and you just want to pay someone to do it for you?
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 09:05
+25 rep with a faction provides storage info for all of their stations, even those outside satellite coverage.
With 25? If so, that's nice. But getting to 25 will take time... I can get 10,000,000$ faster than I can make 25 rep xD

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 13:03

jojorne wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 09:34
With 25? If so, that's nice. But getting to 25 will take time... I can get 10,000,000$ faster than I can make 25 rep xD
Put your first couple mil into mining stations in every factions territory and you'll be at 25 rep before you reach 20 hours playtime. Without doing missions or shooting criminal traffic which obviously accelerates that.
Same for trade of course, but miners are cheaper, faster and don't get harassed by pirates so they require less investment and less upkeep. And there's always demand for minerals and gas, usually in huge quantities if you don't supply any.

Or if you don't mind being cheesy a couple scout ships on repeat orders trading a single ecell (or any other ware) do it even faster since the rep gain doesn't care about the trade value, just that it happens.
Put twenty or thirty of those to work trading between two factions and you'll be at rep 25 with both of them in no time.

On the other hand the only stations i've ever cared to know the storage levels of are wharfs and shipyards and scanning those to 30% isn't exactly a huge time investment even in a starter ship.

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 22:48

I got 25 rep with PIO and I still can't see their station storage. So, no reputation or contract has the same function as a trade agent.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 07:07

jojorne wrote:
Wed, 29. Mar 23, 22:48
I got 25 rep with PIO and I still can't see their station storage. So, no reputation or contract has the same function as a trade agent.
From what I remember, at rank 27 you are allowed to teleport on faction stations and ships. With this rank you also see the orders of faction ships. I am not sure but believe you also get 'trusted' enough to see the storage of station you have not yet under 'surveillance' (as my previous post).

jojorne
x4

Re: [Request] See the storage of stations earlier in the game

Post by jojorne » Wed, 5. Apr 23, 23:54

DanKara wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 07:07
From what I remember, at rank 27 you are allowed to...
I got PIO to 27 and it looks like I can now see their storage and access to a lot of other stuff, yes. But since it does not mention the storage anywhere, I'll check TEL now, because I'm almost at 27 with them too.

Anyway, my reason is because towards the end of the game I'm mostly flying L and XL ships and I don't want to get into small ships anymore. I've already spent days on these small ships that it gets repetitive and I want to attend to other things.

Return to “X4: Foundations”