Having problems with automated ships getting stuck

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EnderBeta
x4

Having problems with automated ships getting stuck

Post by EnderBeta » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 19:47

The path finding for ships in beta 7 for version 6 seems to have regressed from beta 6. My mining and trading ships keep getting stuck when trying to dock and/or undock. Compounding the issue is the order is critical and I am unable to cancel the order to give the ship another set of orders. I also cannot take control of the ship because the Capitan is busy.

I think the easiest solution for this for now is to allow players to cancel these orders and issue new orders to get the ships unstuck.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Having problems with automated ships getting stuck

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 21:25

Your best way to get new-to-beta issues sorted is to report them in the public beta forum and support them with a link to a vanilla save that shows the issue happening - or (ideally)
reliably about to happen.

That is an even easier solution. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

EnderBeta
x4

Post by EnderBeta » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 00:03

Apologies. Do you know where I can find that forum? I looked again just now and I don't see it in the English speaking list of forums.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 00:19

The Public Beta Feedback forum is linked in the very first thread at the top of this forum, about the Public Beta, and is the same forum where you would have got the instructions on accessing the Public Beta.

EnderBeta
x4

Post by EnderBeta » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 17:54

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 28. Mar 23, 00:19
The Public Beta Feedback forum is linked in the very first thread at the top of this forum, about the Public Beta, and is the same forum where you would have got the instructions on accessing the Public Beta.
I see the link now in the thread now. I'm sorry. I was looking for something in the subject line that said beta feedback. I misunderstood you initially. Thank you for the help. :)

I copied and pasted the subject and first post of this thread into the linked forum. I don't see an option for me to delete this thread. I won't take it the wrong way if this is cleaned up. Sorry about the confusion.

Return to “X4: Foundations”