[SUGGESTION] What about T-Fighters?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Radamanthe Nemes
x4

[SUGGESTION] What about T-Fighters?

Post by Radamanthe Nemes » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 02:55

To me, I-War 2 remains the best space game ever. Period. If only its plot missions were not so bugged sometimes, I would simply rate it 10/10, even on today standards.

Now, there was that neat feature where at some point, you acquired a corvette class ship which had two hard-points on its left and right sides. These hard-points could attach two turrets known as “T-Fighters”. These were basically small fighter ships and the pilot could detach them to dogfight with him. This, X4 has, though a bit limited relative to the speed of “detaching” (aka. undocking) fighters. The point is that when attached, they added to fore firepower. And this, X4 has not.

I wish I had that in X4 (well, I wish I had realistic handling newtonian physics and scary screaming missiles with the most stressful warning blips ever implemented in the gaming world too, but let’s focus on T-Fighters for now).

https://youtu.be/sAVuPMAL8GM?t=600

Katorone
x3tc

Re: [SUGGESTION] What about T-Fighters?

Post by Katorone » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 03:49

Main guns of docked fighters won't work, you're right. Their turrets, however, do.
I think it's fine this way, otherwise all ships would need to be (re)designed with forward facing docking bays in mind.

Radamanthe Nemes
x4

Post by Radamanthe Nemes » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 03:57

Katorone wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 03:49
otherwise all ships would need to be (re)designed with forward facing docking bays in mind.
Never assumed all ships should be designed for that.

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 06:58

The ones that aren't (within a class) would be at a distinct disadvantage.

Radamanthe Nemes
x4

Post by Radamanthe Nemes » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 07:54

Katorone wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 06:58
The ones that aren't (within a class) would be at a distinct disadvantage.
A distinct advantage for something that fires forefront like your primary weapons, instead of some weak point with nearly 180° rotation? Let’s be serious, this is more about versatility. And anyway, if it was an advantage, you’d have to make some other things weaker... basic balancing rules.

Return to “X4: Foundations”