Suggestion: Trade with cargo drones from station!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aital

Suggestion: Trade with cargo drones from station!

Post by Aital » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 15:31

How about adding the drones at a station to the list of available ships(As a whole. Not individually.) and allow them to do trading.

This could be limited by range between a station an it's own build storage. Then I could transfer wears slowly between the two locations.

The limit could be the range of the stations plot.

tetja
x4

Re: Suggestion: Trade with cargo drones from station!

Post by tetja » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 16:11

Build Storage can use the station wares allready via drones afaik

Aital

Post by Aital » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 16:36

I've never seen it work. Is it supposed to be automatic. I have a station with 4000 cargo drones. Is there a size restriction that limits larger cargo. I'm using mostly Terrain components at this point that require silicon carbide and other larger materials. One takes up 30 cargo slots and the other 20.

I have 18 incarcatura sentinals on trade for build storage and 4000 cargo drones at the station. I also have trade restricted to only me.

When are they going to get build storage working?

I've now put three ships in repeat to buy and sell from the PHQ to the PHQ build storage. they are all stuck saying there are not trades. I even put the trades on highest buy and lowest sell.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 19:05

Aital wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 16:36
...When are they going to get build storage working?...
It is working, after a fashion. What you need to understand is that, generally, any ware that's used in the manufacturing process for that station will likely not get transferred to build storage. The Station Manager sees those wares as necessary and so won't trade them unless there's an overabundance.

For example, say your station is a shipyard. It requires hull parts for building ships, which it builds internally, but you want to move some of those hull parts to the build storage in order to expand your shipyard. This probably won't happen because the station manager sees those as intermediate, not end product, wares. On the other hand, if your station is a hull part factory, and you're in the process of building more modules on that station, the manager will move some of those hull parts to build storage, as needed.

I know it works this way because one of my recent stations was a recycle station, producing both hull parts and claytronics. When I expanded the station, both wares were automatically transferred to build storage in the amount needed to build the new modules.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Aital

Post by Aital » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 20:28

Why doesn't the game work when I use repeat order to buy and sell the commodities then. There is not working method to transfer resources outside of manual. Nothing automated or semi automated works.

All of these commands are broken.

When is this game going to be fixed and put in working order?

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 23:00

I've done dozens of built missions where I used repeat orders to transport construction materials from my recycling facility to construction sites. Works like a charm for me.

If you are not familiar with repeat orders it can be easy to overlook small details. You could post some screenshots of your setup, so other players can help you.

Aital

Post by Aital » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 04:03

I'm trying to get pics. Waiting on the game to load up again.

The first of three ships is sitting just north of the PHQ.
1. It's set to repeat.(all previous commands wiped out)
2. Set the first order to buy PHQ, select correct item, even set price to highest price to buy.
3. Set the second order to sell to PHQ, Set the correct item, Even set the price to lowest sell.

Ship sits there forever. Also gives an orange warning and says no sale in given location.

Do I have to put in the orders to land and dock? And how do I make it dock at PHQ build storage?! Why would it not automate this part to make it simpler?

What exactly do I need pictures off?

So far:
1. Deleted all orders.
2. Set to dock at PHQ. Went to ship and watched it dock.
3. told it do buy the item when already docked and set the order 1 by one.

Next thing it did is undock and tell me, "Failed Orders: Buy No trades found in allowed sectors." When there are, and my phq is one of them. I checked and I have 518k computronic substrate.

Can have 2k in ships qeued up stop trades? Some of them are terrain ships. But I have a lot of resources.
Nanook wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 19:05
Aital wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 16:36
...When are they going to get build storage working?...
It is working, after a fashion. What you need to understand is that, generally, any ware that's used in the manufacturing process for that station will likely not get transferred to build storage. The Station Manager sees those wares as necessary and so won't trade them unless there's an overabundance.

For example, say your station is a shipyard. It requires hull parts for building ships, which it builds internally, but you want to move some of those hull parts to the build storage in order to expand your shipyard. This probably won't happen because the station manager sees those as intermediate, not end product, wares. On the other hand, if your station is a hull part factory, and you're in the process of building more modules on that station, the manager will move some of those hull parts to build storage, as needed.

I know it works this way because one of my recent stations was a recycle station, producing both hull parts and claytronics. When I expanded the station, both wares were automatically transferred to build storage in the amount needed to build the new modules.
Except that this isn't true and he does not do this. He never sends any resources to build storage... How does the game determine these things. Are there any specifics to go by? My station holds onto everything.

And why isn't transfer wares available when doing repeat orders? Does nobody understand how rediculous this is?! Not to mention how much stress is being put on the users of this game.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 08:33

Aital wrote:
Tue, 21. Mar 23, 04:03
Except that this isn't true and he does not do this. He never sends any resources to build storage... How does the game determine these things. Are there any specifics to go by? My station holds onto everything.

And why isn't transfer wares available when doing repeat orders? Does nobody understand how rediculous this is?! Not to mention how much stress is being put on the users of this game.
Because ships don't do the autotransfer between the station and the build storage. It's automatic and does not require, or use, ships. I believe you do have to have drones, but the drones don't actually show in the process. A full picture of the logical overview of your PHQ might help us see the problem. But as I said above, if the station uses a ware as an intermediate, it probably won't get transferred automatically.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations”