[Request] Animated Cursors (Rotating color)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Diroc
x4

[Request] Animated Cursors (Rotating color)

Post by Diroc » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 05:35

I've been playing the game in 4k with default UI scale.
With the cockpit view disabled, it's an amazing view.

I've noticed a problem with small, often hard to see cursors. (Mouse pointer on the map and targeting cursor while flying.)
Depending on the backdrop (System background color) the targeting cursor can be very difficult to see.
An option to have these cursors cycle their colors through a rainbow of colors ensures the cursor is visible most of the time and very easy to locate and track as it is changing it's appearance on a constant basis.
If this is not possible with the current engine, It would be nice if the cursors had a border that was high contrast to the main body color. (Like every desktop mouse pointer.)
Either solution would make the cursors much more visible under all circumstances.
Conditionally invisible cursors would be a thing of the past.

LameFox
x4

Re: [Request] Animated Cursors (Rotating color)

Post by LameFox » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 06:03

In my experience inverted colours (basically the cursor inverts the colours under it) tend to work pretty well. There are some 3rd party apps I've used in the past to do that in some games, though I've never needed to in this one.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations”