Question regarding automatic pricing

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Toshis8

Question regarding automatic pricing

Post by Toshis8 » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 15:44

I short, there is a huge deficit of advanced electronics in my galaxy. I built few factories of advanced electronics and everything my factories manufacture get immediately bought out. I took a closer look at logical overview and noticed that my manager is automatically selling at lowest price possible. There are no advanced electronics in storage, everything id bought out, huge demand, so why sell at lowest price? Why is this happening? Should i set the price manually? What is the best approach, what do you do?

edit:
Checked another station, and it is selling at highest price, although both stations are bought out.
Last edited by Toshis8 on Thu, 16. Mar 23, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

LameFox
x4

Re: Question regarding automatic pricing

Post by LameFox » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 15:47

Hm... could it be there is not much room left for the product, after the space taken by the materials to make it? I have not seen this occur, but I tend to give my stations far too much storage.

Otherwise, I would just set it manually.
***modified***

Toshis8

Post by Toshis8 » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 15:50

LameFox wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 15:47
Hm... could it be there is not much room left for the product, after the space taken by the materials to make it? I have not seen this occur, but I tend to give my stations far too much storage.

Otherwise, I would just set it manually.
Station, which was selling at lowest price, has roughly half of its container storage filled.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 20:17

Toshis8 wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 15:50
Station, which was selling at lowest price, has roughly half of its container storage filled.
Sounds like a bug to me. It isn't intended behavior.

Check if you manually allocate storage space for the electronics if it has any effect on price. It may be the automatic storage allocation is giving it a really small space and it's filled that one, making it sell at lowest price.

Toshis8

Post by Toshis8 » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 15:25

Here is the screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/CcydoY5.png

Whenever i enable automatic pricing, price drops to absolute minimum (710 cr). Storage allocation is set to auto and there is enough storage. Only things i've changes, is to keep 5000 and only npc ships can buy (restricted faction - only my faction).

edit:
Here is another station, seems to work fine:
https://i.imgur.com/vDz66Iy.png

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 15:43

I have not used 'sell all but' before. Have you tried toggling it off? Maybe with that and automatic storage, it treats that 5k as the desired amount to store and wants to urgently sell off anything beyond it.
***modified***

Toshis8

Post by Toshis8 » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 15:57

Sure, just tried it. Removed my custom changes and set it to default. Setting price to automatic still drops to minimum.
https://i.imgur.com/RXqSxqj.png

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 16:11

No idea then... the only clear differences I can see between the working station and the permanent discount station are that one has fewer personnel and stored wares. Could try asking in tech support maybe.
***modified***

Toshis8

Post by Toshis8 » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 16:28

Just in case double checked the demand again. Set trade filter for "advanced electronics" and looked around. Most shipyards and wharfs around demand large quantities of advanced electronics for price above 1300 cr.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 01:22

Upload a save file. I'm sure somebody will figure it out or verify that it's a bug.

Toshis8

Post by Toshis8 » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 12:00

I've manually changed the price to 1200 cr, NPC ships are still coming and buying, so this price isnt too high. I dont know if this is a bug or not, if someone is interested in taking a look, here is a save file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7eps63p0z4c9 ... ml.gz?dl=0

Factory name: Advanced Electronics Factory 1

BTW, this save was generated with terran and split DLCs active, no "Tides of Avarice". If you have different DLCs active, not sure how it will load.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 13:21

Toshis8 wrote:
Sat, 18. Mar 23, 12:00
I've manually changed the price to 1200 cr, NPC ships are still coming and buying, so this price isnt too high. I dont know if this is a bug or not, if someone is interested in taking a look, here is a save file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7eps63p0z4c9 ... ml.gz?dl=0

Factory name: Advanced Electronics Factory 1

BTW, this save was generated with terran and split DLCs active, no "Tides of Avarice". If you have different DLCs active, not sure how it will load.
I loaded your save in my V6.0 BETA6 and it is surely a bug. If you are using the BETA too make a new post in the BETA Forum and put the save file in for the devs to see. If you use the 5.10 do the same in the Technical Support Forum...

Return to “X4: Foundations”