Picking up marines

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Uwestern

Picking up marines

Post by Uwestern » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 14:53

Hi,

Ships might flee when getting boarded leaving some marine pods behind. These float forever while others might have successfully approached. My only possibility is to shoot them if I desire the boarding process to proceed. Please allow to order them back to the mothership, while all those that succeeded approaching the ship continue boarding.

Regards,
Uwe

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Picking up marines

Post by CBJ » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 14:55

As it says in the forum rules for that forum, the Public Beta Feedback forum is for feedback on new features and fixes in the Public Beta, not for feature requests. Moved to the main forum.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Wed, 15. Mar 23, 20:24

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 14:55
As it says in the forum rules for that forum, the Public Beta Feedback forum is for feedback on new features and fixes in the Public Beta, not for feature requests. Moved to the main forum.
Would it be possible to get this feature added, it is really annoying to have to execute pods that failed to attach to a ship.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 17:26

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 20:24
..., it is really annoying to have to execute pods that failed to attach to a ship.
You had the option to execute the engines of the target ship.
To kill engines or to kill pods? :gruebel:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 17:48

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 17:26
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Wed, 15. Mar 23, 20:24
..., it is really annoying to have to execute pods that failed to attach to a ship.
You had the option to execute the engines of the target ship.
To kill engines or to kill pods? :gruebel:
True, though if I want to avoid rep loss and save ANT from getting wiped by terrans too early, I do fly by boarding of asgards and L destroyers. Sometimes the pods get stuck in the hull or get spawned 10+km from the target and they can't attach to the ship in a reasonable amount of time. Being able to pick up marines instead of shooting them down and buying new ones would be ideal.

I think you could pick up spacewalking marines in x3 so no reason I shouldn't be able to collect a pod the same as a laser tower or satellite.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 17:56

I always board ships at "full strength". One just have to be pattient, follow the target and pick a time to board that the ships is practically or literally immobile.

If we are talking about civilian ships you can wait until it stops to load/unload at a station or, for a miner, when conducting mining operations ("waiting for drones"). in any case L/XL ships have to come to complete halt when they exit a Jump Gate, if you use an M ship for boarding you can use the gate ahead of them and wait in the other side for them to appear. Then you can board before they are able to reorient and start developing speed greater than the Marine pods (35 km/h).

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 18:18

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 17:48
I think you could pick up spacewalking marines in x3 ...
We could and were able to fail too. I have one zombie marine -- eternally in X3AP space -- due to that. :cry:
The X3 marines were able to fail boarding too. Then they would bail for you to pick up. I had some in X3AP that had failed a dozen times or more ...
The X4 marines cannot fail. Bring the ship with you or Die!
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”