MIN Equip Dock Reports that I am attacking the station

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

m.lawes
x4

MIN Equip Dock Reports that I am attacking the station

Post by m.lawes » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 14:25

The MIN Teladi Equipment Dock in Profit Centre Alpha keeps reporting that I am attacking the station even though I have no ships in the sector. I have lost rep from +14 to -15 in a couple of hours. It was only when MIN turned 'Enemy' that I was able to spot which station it is. I have put a satellite near the station, but can see nothing untoward. Is this a Bug or am I missing something?

Any advice on what to do? Report a Bug? Try to get my rep back up by shooting 'reds''? Have I missed part of the plot? Help please?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: MIN Equip Dock Reports that I am attacking the station

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 16:08

Please see this thread and its onward links, not that it has any real solutions for you.

You get 'attacking station' reports when you are attacking (or defending against) ships that the local authorities (MIN in this case) may consider friendly or neutral to them at that time (ie even if those ships are harrassing player ships while perhaps masked as another faction).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 16:44

MIN police all of TEL space. As such any criminal activity you do in TEL space, including attacking anyone at least neutral to MIN, causes a reputation loss with them.

Some examples...
Shooting an ARG fighter attacking you in TEL space -> Reputation loss with MIN, ARG is a friend of MIN.
Pirating a ZYA trader in TEL space -> Reputation loss with MIN, ZYA is a friend of MIN.
Blowing up a SCA pirate in TEL Space -> Police reward from MIN, SCA is an enemy of MIN, they will reject any reports from TEL stations regarding this activity.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 17:14

Most probably, the "hits" were somewhere in Teladi space and the MIN Equipment dock is where the MIN rep stays. You should also check the MIN Shipyard and Wharf in Eighteen Billion. They must have turned red too... MIN do not have any other stations, unless you get a mission from them to build one...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 20:46

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 28. Feb 23, 17:14
... MIN do not have any other stations, unless you get a mission from them to build one...
Fact checking .............. Fact checking ....................... Fact check complete.

Wrong! MIN have, in my game, three High Tech Factories in Eighteen Billion. I did not build them. In fact, they've been there since at least near the start of the game and I had used them to help gain rep with MIN early in my current game. :mrgreen:

To be fair, those are the only ones I could find.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 22:41

MIN: 2 High Tech, 2 Refined Goods, 4 Ship Tech, and Woodworm Scrubs in 18bil of my game. Some might be by me (missions) but definitely not all.

The "we did what, where?" remains both a mystery and an issue. I had some incidents with ARG -- no escalation though -- and did pull all my assets out of Argon space for a while.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 28. Feb 23, 22:56

Nanook wrote:
Tue, 28. Feb 23, 20:46
dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 28. Feb 23, 17:14
... MIN do not have any other stations, unless you get a mission from them to build one...
Fact checking .............. Fact checking ....................... Fact check complete.

Wrong! MIN have, in my game, three High Tech Factories in Eighteen Billion. I did not build them. In fact, they've been there since at least near the start of the game and I had used them to help gain rep with MIN early in my current game. :mrgreen:

To be fair, those are the only ones I could find.
Do you have over 100 games to check? I suppose that the seed(s) that would give them some are very rare... The "scrubs" station in Eighteen Billion is not to be counted as it is part of a plot...

EDIT: I do... my games usually last 2 game days at most...

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 00:48

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 28. Feb 23, 22:56
my games usually last 2 game days at most...
Suspect that may be the key difference. In my current game there are over a dozen MIN stations in Eighteen Billion (of which I built 4). However none of them were built particularly early in the game. Entirely possible that games which only last a couple of days never get to the stage where MIN starts building stations for itself. Even the stations I built for them took longer than that. For context my game is currently about 24 days old.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Mar 23, 19:23

Well, now that we've settled that, more or less, it doesn't really help the OP with the rep problem. I'd be curious to know what activity the OP was engaged in, and where, at the times of the rep loss.

A possibility - a ship belonging to the OP encountered an enemy in Teladi space and was forced to defend itself. I see this occasionally with my ships when an enemy drops defensive lasertowers from some previous altercation near gates or stations that my ships fly by. Since the Teladi are friendly with almost everyone, they get upset. And since lasertowers persist until destroyed, it' gonna happen at some point.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SharpEars

Temp

Post by SharpEars » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 20:28

This problem still persists, even in the latest Beta 6 of 6.0. All of a sudden and for no reason, a security vehicle from, for example, Ministry (rep: -10) will become completely hostile towards me (rep <= -20). By the way, what is this ship doing around a regular Teladi (rep: +13) Claytronics station in a Teladi sector in any case? All of the station's security ships should be (and for the most part, are) Teladi. Is this a visiting ship from a Teladi associated faction??

To solve the problem, I have found that targeting, manually scanning (short range), and retargeting (sometimes repeating this sequence several times) will eventually get it to revert back to its prior rep with Ministry (rep: -10) and then leave me alone.

The funny thing is that security vehicles that go into this state do not even attack you, they only threaten you, but they do tend to follow you. I just want the darn thing to revert to its proper rep and leave me alone, since I did nothing wrong towards its faction at the station of a "different" faction and was not carrying any illegal goods at the time (or the station's proper security force would have come after me).

KextV8
x4

Re: Temp

Post by KextV8 » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 13:13

SharpEars wrote:
Wed, 22. Mar 23, 20:28
This problem still persists, even in the latest Beta 6 of 6.0. All of a sudden and for no reason, a security vehicle from, for example, Ministry (rep: -10) will become completely hostile towards me (rep <= -20). By the way, what is this ship doing around a regular Teladi (rep: +13) Claytronics station in a Teladi sector in any case? All of the station's security ships should be (and for the most part, are) Teladi. Is this a visiting ship from a Teladi associated faction??
MIN are Teladi's Police force. They police ALL Teladi sectors. If you do bad things, like carry forbidden goods in your ships by accident, they will eventually scan those ships and cause a rep drop. Stop trading illegal goods, and make sure all NPC ships are set not to pick up any loot at all. Illegal goods are the most common way to have rep drops that you aren't sure of what's going on.

There is always a reason for the rep drop. You just make not know what it is because you aren't aware of which ship triggered it.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 16:45

In my experience stray shots are the main cause for reputation loss. If any of you ships (trader & miner in particular) have turrets set on defend and they are near an NPC station or an NPC ship that is under attack, a stray shot hitting your ship may trigger the turrets to fire. And that can lead to turn the station/ship hostile and to reputation loss if the turret hit the NPC and/or if you do not have the required police license.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations”