[Suggestion] Allow us to manually add resources/wares in station design simulator

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

[Suggestion] Allow us to manually add resources/wares in station design simulator

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 01:26

Like the title says. If we could manually adjust ware levels, then we could see how our station operates in the simulator, see wares produced per hour, wares consumed per hour, etc. We can't see that unless we could first add some resources to get our stations going.

ZeroAffex
x4

Re: [Suggestion] Allow us to manually add resources/wares in station design simulator

Post by ZeroAffex » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 02:05

I just right click on modules and look at the stats from the encyclopedia for a gist then when I really need to fine tune things, I use the station crackulator http://x4-game.com/#/station-calculator

Is it perfect? Probably not. Would it be better to see this before we build our stations? Absolutely. Am sure it's one of the many things devs would like to do but until then, it works. Not saying I disagree though; I would like to have some insight as to what I'll need before I build my station and without having to go to a 3rd party website.

Might as well chime in since we are somewhat on the topic that I'd also like if there was a hint given to what materials blueprints would require before we buy them. I know we can gain information by scanning them and am not asking to do away with that and think it is a great way to reward people who use it when it comes to blueprint purchases. Just wouldn't mind if the game gave a very super generic hint if we dont' have the info, like "requires energy, methane and ore" And maybe it actually requires graphene but again, the gist of the raw minable materials is listed which usually dictates what I buy. Kind of a crapshoot when buying prints for stuff we haven't scanned and I usually go check a site or savescum. Like being able to see what all materials we'll need/produce before building modules, would be nice to have this as well.

Anyways, I digress. Have a great rest of your week everyone.
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

Eyeklops
x4

Re: [Suggestion] Allow us to manually add resources/wares in station design simulator

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 04:07

Would be nice to save the station build with the wares also. I'd like to see this for budget and custom starts so stations can be up and running on gamestart.

Return to “X4: Foundations”