Thread to collect Requests etc. for upcoming Patch 6.0

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

Re: Thread to collect Requests etc. for upcoming Patch 6.0

Post by S!rAssassin » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 19:40

If fleet leader get destroyed, new fleet leader do not maintain old commands and just “wait”. And dies...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 21:22

Well, given that 6.0 is rather close, I'd put only small things:

1) Finishing the turret rebalance by getting rid of copy/paste stats on Medium turrets (e.g. Terran turrets are carbon copy of Argon, just with worse traking) - there shouldn't be any savegame compactibility issue since the Large turrets got rebalanced fine around 2.0.

2) Tuning Fleet "Coordinate attack" command to not use ships not intended for frontline attack (e.g. ships with intercept assignment, defend assignment, auxilary ships, non-combat ships). Basically only fleet leader and ships with "attack" asignment should participate in attack, while other asignments should just do their job (e.g. intercept S/M ships, or defend the leaders when they are attacked later on).

3) Adding ability to assign traders to carriers (especially now, that we have carrier Defend Position logic in 6.0).

4) Traders assigned to Carrier and Axuliary ship, should dock or follow assigned ship when idle (when no trade).

5) Dumbfire missiles should have automatically switch to primary weapon mount, so that AI controled ships could shoot them on target/leading target (dumbfire launchers set by default as secondary weapon will be fired when ships is not facing/targetting the target).

6) In shipyard screen - better hilight currently selected components (e.g turrets) - currenly it's an eyesore trying to find tiny green box for tiny turret and distinguish it from slightly darker green box on other not selected turrets.

7) Can we add the hull and shield indicator for third person view? I can't believe this is something still not done since 1.0.

8.) Updating Pulse turrets sounds with the new Pulse Laser sound from 5.0/Tides of Avarice?

Regulator Ben
x4

Post by Regulator Ben » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 16:43

1) Finishing the turret rebalance by getting rid of copy/paste stats on Medium turrets (e.g. Terran turrets are carbon copy of Argon, just with worse traking) - there shouldn't be any savegame compactibility issue since the Large turrets got rebalanced fine around 2.0.
I think a turret rebalance is not a small thing, but I agree with the notion that turrets could use some love, not only with their stats but also in how they operate.

On the topic of turrets (and drones) is there any reason why on big ships that have both turrets and drones, I dont get to control both at the same time in the top ribbon of the screen? (Might have been suggested before but I could find a fitting thread))
In M ships I can control turrets there, in L ships usually drones. Why not both? Why not control subordinates there as well?

Ardept
x4

Post by Ardept » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 23:42

I would like to see all the paint skins back in game, and a return to the cool Argon x2 ship designs
Last edited by Ardept on Tue, 7. Feb 23, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 18:06

Argon cap ships. We need more!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Return to “X4: Foundations”