Maintaining the balance, how to help Xenon expansion?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

24m0
x4

Maintaining the balance, how to help Xenon expansion?

Post by 24m0 » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:52

During my play through I enjoyed being the shadow council, carefully cultivating the balance between factions with economic measures and preventing any of them becoming too strong or too weak.

After finishing split plot I decided to address the overflowing XEN issue to rescue the RHA faction, cleared most matrices and confined XEN to 2 refuges: wretched skies X and beyond, and Family kritt to matrix 598.

Here’s the problem, the TEL somehow stole a lot of cleared sectors, invaded matrix 598 and wiped all nearby sectors of XEN, because XEN won’t build any I or K at their shipyards while sitting on piles of resources, they only produce fighters at wharf.

Now ARG is constantly sending doom fleets to invade the last XEN refuge and mounting defenses near the exit to chock them. However XEN only send fighters, they still won’t build any I or K, and existing ones just sit far away in emperors pride sectors, doing nothing.

I checked the resources XEN have, both in sector and in their shipyard storage, they have a lot of resources to build many i+2k combos but they choose not to. Only fighter swarms were built at wharves.

So what’s happening to them??? Is something broken here?? Or did I do something wrong? XEN is supposed to be invading with I&Ks.

Now I need a non-modding way to help XEN expand a little(i never use mods). With no way to aid XEN economically, I have already set up a well stocked wharf selling ships only to YAK, to let kuraokamis kill the TER intervention asgards and tokyos before they reach XEN space, but that doesn’t seem to be enough to save the remaining XEN from frequent ARG and RHA invasions. If all fails, do I have to fight ARG to let XEN breathe a little?

This situation feels like a soft game over to me. The economy is already collapsing because XEN is not on the offensive. What happens if I fail to save them and XEN goes extinct? Will XEN materials become unobtainable and eventually locks out my progression in micro-plots like Corin King(the woman in private apartment collecting I&K’s processing panels)?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Maintaining the balance, how to help Xenon expansion?

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 19:28

A dev wrote that the number of jobs that factions get in-game (jobs include those to build and send patrols and to undertake building projects outside their current areas) is related to how many sectors they hold. Few Xenon sectors could perhaps imply fewer Xenon jobs and hence less building and patrols going out. I don't know the details, but this may be a factor in your case. If I can find the dev comment then I'll link it.

EDIT: Here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 20:01

24m0 wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:52
During my play through I enjoyed being the shadow council, carefully cultivating the balance between factions with economic measures and preventing any of them becoming too strong or too weak.

After finishing split plot I decided to address the overflowing XEN issue to rescue the RHA faction, cleared most matrices and confined XEN to 2 refuges: wretched skies X and beyond, and Family kritt to matrix 598.

Here’s the problem, the TEL somehow stole a lot of cleared sectors, invaded matrix 598 and wiped all nearby sectors of XEN, because XEN won’t build any I or K at their shipyards while sitting on piles of resources, they only produce fighters at wharf.

Now ARG is constantly sending doom fleets to invade the last XEN refuge and mounting defenses near the exit to chock them. However XEN only send fighters, they still won’t build any I or K, and existing ones just sit far away in emperors pride sectors, doing nothing.

I checked the resources XEN have, both in sector and in their shipyard storage, they have a lot of resources to build many i+2k combos but they choose not to. Only fighter swarms were built at wharves.

So what’s happening to them??? Is something broken here?? Or did I do something wrong? XEN is supposed to be invading with I&Ks.

Now I need a non-modding way to help XEN expand a little(i never use mods). With no way to aid XEN economically, I have already set up a well stocked wharf selling ships only to YAK, to let kuraokamis kill the TER intervention asgards and tokyos before they reach XEN space, but that doesn’t seem to be enough to save the remaining XEN from frequent ARG and RHA invasions. If all fails, do I have to fight ARG to let XEN breathe a little?

This situation feels like a soft game over to me. The economy is already collapsing because XEN is not on the offensive. What happens if I fail to save them and XEN goes extinct? Will XEN materials become unobtainable and eventually locks out my progression in micro-plots like Corin King(the woman in private apartment collecting I&K’s processing panels)?

The Xenon tend to build a certain number of Wharfs and Shipyards throughour the Universe. When they lose a sector along with the Wharf/Shipyard there? They'll build the Wharf/Shipyard in another Xenon Sector which they still have ownership of.
I've found the Xenon are stretched at the beginning of the playthrough, they struggle to managee multiple threats.
Once you get the Xenon on the backfoot and kick them out of areas of space like Scale Plate Green or Matrix #451?
They will accumulate Wharfs and Shipyards in a specific part of space which means you're going to see increased Xenon Activity in that space.

On my 29 Day Save of my playthrough, the Teladi wiped out the Xenon, North of Ianimus Zura and the Xenon in Scale Plate Green.
But this led to the Xenon becoming even more rampant in Frontier Edge and Emperor's Pride.. The Holy Trinity (I united the Paranid and convinced them to war with everyone); fighting foes from all sides, they couldn't hold the Xenon back and True Sight fell to the Terrans, followed by the Argon. Antigone couldn't hold back the Xenon at the Void and I needed to help them and the Terran's out.
The Xenon became such a burden at Emperor Mines/Rhy's Defiance? That they took Hatikah's Choice 1, 2 Grand, reduced Family Rhak/Zyarth to Zyarth's Dominion 4 (They were holding on by a thread), the Xenon reached as far as 11th Hour before I knew that I couldn't ignore the Xenon any longer here, they'd become an Empire with swarms of Xenon K's and I's. sending scouts, I found they had 3 Wharfs and 3 Shipyards in their Northern territory, hence why they were able to mass produce Xenon Ships so quickly.

Xenon are at their worst when they are unified. So you needn't worry.
If they are not producing? Might be a bug?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 22:46

spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 20:01
I have them producing ships, but they have trouble with station construction.

Their Emperor's Pride pocket was close to starvation until I did assist them a bit. They were able to (re)build and cleared Litany of Fury IX and have then raided up to Wretched Skies V, (but never to LoF XII). Raids with I+2K fleet.

They have placed a plot for Defence Platform in LoF IX, but do not build it at all. It has been wiped out repeatedly, reappears, but stays at the initial state (invisible, 15%). They do, at least nominally, have 12 sectors. Most of their fleets lurk in SPG, Turquoise, Company Regard, Hewa's Twin II pocket and do raids to Trinity.

I'm considering a culling in the latter pocket to see if it releases station and ship quotas for the Emperor's Pride. If it doesn't, then I have to stop my "very good friends" from pushing South-East while my herd recovers. :goner:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 21:43

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 22:46
spankahontis wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 20:01
I have them producing ships, but they have trouble with station construction.

Their Emperor's Pride pocket was close to starvation until I did assist them a bit. They were able to (re)build and cleared Litany of Fury IX and have then raided up to Wretched Skies V, (but never to LoF XII). Raids with I+2K fleet.

They have placed a plot for Defence Platform in LoF IX, but do not build it at all. It has been wiped out repeatedly, reappears, but stays at the initial state (invisible, 15%). They do, at least nominally, have 12 sectors. Most of their fleets lurk in SPG, Turquoise, Company Regard, Hewa's Twin II pocket and do raids to Trinity.

I'm considering a culling in the latter pocket to see if it releases station and ship quotas for the Emperor's Pride. If it doesn't, then I have to stop my "very good friends" from pushing South-East while my herd recovers. :goner:
Seems like a reoccurrence of an old bug that 6.0 beta 1 has reopened? This has happened to me in past playthroughs.
Xenon structures that wont build, even when there is a Xenon S ships in the area.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 22:18

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 21:43
Seems like a reoccurrence of an old bug that 6.0 beta 1 has reopened? This has happened to me in past playthroughs.
Xenon structures that wont build, even when there is a Xenon S ships in the area.
In my case the game is 5.10 HF3. Not the beta. So can't say that beta would have reopened.

The Xenon are producing ships, so they must have Xenon S in Emperor's Pride. Can the "frontier builders" be a separate set of jobs?

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 23:38

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 22:18
spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 21:43
In my case the game is 5.10 HF3. Not the beta. So can't say that beta would have reopened.

The Xenon are producing ships, so they must have Xenon S in Emperor's Pride. Can the "frontier builders" be a separate set of jobs?
Frontier Builders? :?

Oh, you mean the spawned Xenon ships when you go beyond a Sector border? Think they have to spawn first which means flying a good distance from the gate?

Isn't there a fix after 5.10? I'm sure there is? I Probably have a case of the Mandela Effect lol

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 25. Jan 23, 23:59

spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 23:38
My bad. Are supplying wharf/yards and supplying build sites of stations in order to expand Xenon to new sectors done by same "job" or are there two distinct groups/jobs of Xenon S ... (Both tasks/groups obviously do have Power Distributors and Miners.)

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 00:48

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 23:59
spankahontis wrote:
Wed, 25. Jan 23, 23:38
My bad. Are supplying wharf/yards and supplying build sites of stations in order to expand Xenon to new sectors done by same "job" or are there two distinct groups/jobs of Xenon S ... (Both tasks/groups obviously do have Power Distributors and Miners.)
I'm not sure of the mechanics of it. But from experience there was a Xenon Defence Platform in neutral territory that the Xenon relinquished from the Split Patriarchy, it wouldn't build, Xenon power distributers and miners just ignored it.
:gruebel:

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 13:50

Most likely they have too many cap ships already and won't build more because they are out of job space. Kill the existing ones in places they don't need them and they'll build more in different places.

The station probably isn't building because the S ships aren't making it to the build storage. They're being shot down.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 26. Jan 23, 16:21

It probably applies to all asset types: capital, small, and stations -- if NPC faction hits quota limits and the assets are in wrong place, then killing some creates opportunity for the Almighty RNG to grant the replacements into more satisfactory location.
KextV8 wrote:
Thu, 26. Jan 23, 13:50
The station probably isn't building because the S ships aren't making it to the build storage. They're being shot down.
Not in my case. Emperor's Pride is all Xenon. Litany of Fury is neutral, empty, and the Xenon plot that does not build is next to Gate to Emperor's Pride. There is Xenon swarm at the Gate and nobody even close to snipe the S.

Return to “X4: Foundations”