Intercept for Commander problem (fighters)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shinra Vanity

Intercept for Commander problem (fighters)

Post by Shinra Vanity » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 17:18

This isn't a bug but a suggestion

I just lost about 60 fighters because when the station I am attacking deploys defence drones all my fighters go after them

would it be possible to have the option for my carrier fighters in the intercept role ignore defence drones so they don't all get killed by the station?

Or better yet remain a safe distance from from hostile stations at all times

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Intercept for Commander problem (fighters)

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 17:43

To avoid this problem all my fleets have their carrier as the command vessel & during station demolition the carrier is placed around 50km from the station (I also trim their Protect Position radius down to 5km so they won't wander too far). Range for Intercept is determined by the fleet commander's radar range, usually 40km. Consequently a carrier at 50km is close enough that it's Interceptors can provide cover for destroyers operating at optimal main gun range, but also far enough away that they won't be tempted to go after drones until they're outside the range of station turrets.

Personally would not want Intercept to ignore drones - some stations can have vast swarms of the things: https://www.dropbox.com/s/li466lv9wb1ed ... 1.jpg?dl=0
While drones can't take out a destroyer on their own they can smash engines & turrets etc, leaving a ship immobile & effectively defenceless if anything bigger turns up.

Shinra Vanity

Re: Intercept for Commander problem (fighters)

Post by Shinra Vanity » Mon, 23. Jan 23, 18:26

Omg thats a lot of drones lol

I will give your idea a try

thanks

Return to “X4: Foundations”