Introducing X TECH 5 and kicking off 6.00 Public Beta

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Re: Introducing X TECH 5 and kicking off 6.00 Public Beta

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 16:34

:o :o :o :o :o :o
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 16:36

That, I was not expecting! Gotta go look at them and break down any future design language changes for the Argon and Teladi.

Edit: The Albatross!! Holy moly.... Now i'm super excited for any possible Teladi rework.
Its also very interesting (and thank god) that these are not 'Shipname E' or something, and just straight replacements. Wonder if a new and better way to implement changes was found rather than adding a new one and phasing out the old? (still wish the new paranid ships wernt 'E's).

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:19

Wow this is super exciting! The new Teladi design looks awesome so I am eagerly waiting to see it in game! Obviously this is just a Teladi scheme to take more of my hard earned credits to buy their construction ships.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:33

These are really good looking new assets. Makes me wish they were more consequential ships, like destroyers/carriers etc, but that in no way takes away from their value here. Glad to see the construction ships get unique designs and specs, and again, they look awesome!

Thomas2052
x4

Post by Thomas2052 » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:54

These are fantastic.

Trying to justify having one in the fleet now!
Older. Not wiser.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:27

Nulric wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:33
These are really good looking new assets. Makes me wish they were more consequential ships, like destroyers/carriers etc, but that in no way takes away from their value here. Glad to see the construction ships get unique designs and specs, and again, they look awesome!
I second that. I love the new designs and they look good. I hate that of all things it's builders, even freighters give me more bang for the buck, so to speak.
But I like that part about unique stats though, perhaps just like in X3, these "builder ships" might be able to do something more. Though I guess stat changes does not mean more turrets...
Well whatever, if I want to sit in a builder and have it auto trade, I could still do that.

Otoh the first look at a Boron big ship worries me, the design style is not exactly to my taste. The builder is whatever since I'll barely see it, but combined with what we've seen of their other capitals, it does worry me. I just hope the Guppy suits my tastes, it'll be a real Monkey's Paw to always want a L carrier and get something I hate the look of...

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:41

Raptor34 wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:27
Nulric wrote:
I second that. I love the new designs and they look good. I hate that of all things it's builders, even freighters give me more bang for the buck, so to speak.
But I like that part about unique stats though, perhaps just like in X3, these "builder ships" might be able to do something more. Though I guess stat changes does not mean more turrets...
Well whatever, if I want to sit in a builder and have it auto trade, I could still do that.

Otoh the first look at a Boron big ship worries me, the design style is not exactly to my taste. The builder is whatever since I'll barely see it, but combined with what we've seen of their other capitals, it does worry me. I just hope the Guppy suits my tastes, it'll be a real Monkey's Paw to always want a L carrier and get something I hate the look of...
Why do you think there is an L carrier? You got that confirmed?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:43

Axeface wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:41
This might be a long shot, but in X3 I loved to use Elephant as makeshift carrier as it had more internal storage than others.
X4 Raptor has more internal storage as well, so I hope they keep such logic for split.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:47

Axeface wrote:
Raptor34 wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:27
Nulric wrote:

Someone did a datamine on Reddit and supposedly there is a L Guppy that's a Light Carrier.
mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 18:43
Axeface wrote:
This might be a long shot, but in X3 I loved to use Elephant as makeshift carrier as it had more internal storage than others.
X4 Raptor has more internal storage as well, so I hope they keep such logic for split.
Current Elephant is still an XL though, but it also depends on whether they rebalance it to reflect their new paradigm of carrier storage. Personally I expect them to nerf builder ship ship storage to the landing pads x2 the new ships use. Maybe a little more but nowhere near the original where it was 40 across everything.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 19:37

Someone already recorded beta video of new CVs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCfZxVuxxl8

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 19:40

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 16:30
New builder ships are here - 6.00 Public Beta 5 now available!

We have a big surprise for you in our next beta update. Up to now in X4, all factions have used the same builder ship model, but this all changes today in the new public beta. Of course this means that the new ships will also be in the release version, as soon as the 6.00 public beta process has finished.

In the 6.00 update for X4, the existing builder ship model for the Paranid and Teladi will be replaced by the following new models:
Fantastic (unexpected) news, the new models look great :)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 19:41

The also seems to be animated/deployed - looks at the Kyoto on screenshot and at the video I posted.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:02

Ok, now you are just showing off Egosoft ! :lol:

Hurray for the station-construction changes previously. (and now also we get to look gorgeous while doing our construction work)
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:06

Now, if we would finally have Medium turret weapon stats to be reballanced according to race instead of copy/paste.

Then 6.0 would be absolute perfection.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:15

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 16:30
New builder ships are here - 6.00 Public Beta 5 now available!

We have a big surprise for you in our next beta update. Up to now in X4, all factions have used the same builder ship model, but this all changes today in the new public beta. Of course this means that the new ships will also be in the release version, as soon as the 6.00 public beta process has finished.

In the 6.00 update for X4, the existing builder ship model for the Paranid and Teladi will be replaced by the following new models:
This is exciting news.
They are beautiful, thanks so much for the design work by the team. It always seemed strange that all the factions' builders were identical other than the specs for the individual models.
The Boron builder Orca got replaced. I heard Boso Ta just now, "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen
I am the walrus, goo goo a'joob"
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:19

Nulric wrote:
I "third" that. They look so tasty that I kind of wish they wouldn't be builders but this is meant as a pure compliment. 😀 Egosoft should be praised much more for what they are doing. They truly deserve all the hearts of the gaming community, but life is unfair I guess. 😞

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 20:27

I think we are missing one CV - Gannascus from Tides of Avarice - that makes ToA stands off as sub-par even more.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 21:08

Gorgeous! Artists have knocked it out of the park yet again.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 08:54

Those new models look very cool, more things to tinker with.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 11:04

Any indication if we going to see SSE4.1 back?

I know AM3 users with Phenom II have issues however, their CPU is well outside the minimum requirements either way which is the Intel 4000 series. Phenom II came out in 2008, the minimum requirement for Intel is from 2014 which includes SSE4.1 and 4.2. They could upgrade to a Heavy Machinery (Buldozer, Piledrive etc) for peanuts which supports SSE4.1

Don't punish everyone else with lower performance, having CPU newer than from 15 years ago.

Return to “X4: Foundations”