Introducing X TECH 5 and kicking off 6.00 Public Beta

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

Re: Introducing X TECH 5 and kicking off 6.00 Public Beta

Post by S!rAssassin » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 18:26

hargn wrote:
Sat, 21. Jan 23, 11:15
It also has been requested by one other people, but i aggree with him: Position Defense should be available for any subbordinate groups, not only carrier's ones.
But you CAN set any ship or group to defend any position with up to 40km radius right now in release patch! Just set default behavior of ship or group leader to defend position!
Position Defense command is only for carrier repair/rearm function works! And you can also move defense zone of every group independent but all of them can uses carrier repair/rearm function. Carrier now can defense multiple zones at ones! This is the point!

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 19:11

S!rAssassin wrote:
Sat, 21. Jan 23, 18:26
hargn wrote:
Sat, 21. Jan 23, 11:15
It also has been requested by one other people, but i aggree with him: Position Defense should be available for any subbordinate groups, not only carrier's ones.
But you CAN set any ship or group to defend any position with up to 40km radius right now in release patch! Just set default behavior of ship or group leader to defend position!
Position Defense command is only for carrier repair/rearm function works! And you can also move defense zone of every group independent but all of them can uses carrier repair/rearm function. Carrier now can defense multiple zones at ones! This is the point!
Indeed! And what should make carriers unique.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 23:54

Fair enough. My searches could not find where "a number of occasions", you described why it will never be a game option.

Please provide a link or two so I can find out the reasons so you don't have to describe it here again.
Thanks
Have a nice day

Darlandra
x4

Post by Darlandra » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 01:00

Current status is that fps is greatly improved, map fps is literally double where it seems it had been locked at 30 fps from the entire time ive used it.
The issue is stability is pretty bad, game crashes about every 10 minutes for me. Of course people will say "but you're probably modding" but ive stripped it down to core game and still happening.
Running starwars with 30+ mods itll run for days on end. Right now...base game is 10 minutes so they have some work to do.
The annoying part is it's obvious it doesnt NEED to crash because im watching the crash compiler do its work while the game is still playing with ships maneuvering and stuff in the background.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 13:35

Hey Egosoft - I wonder,

If we are able to select fleet specific logo, would it be possible to have fleet specific default paint mod?
I mean the global ones from player property screen.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 13:38

I just noticed that we could no longer turn off save compression. So do we just use 7zip now or what? And does the game auto-detects the decompressed save?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 18:02

We will be providing a way for modders to continue to create uncompressed saves, but we strongly advise everyone to use compressed saves for normal use, for both performance and disk utilisation reasons. Yes, the game automatically detects whether a savegame is compressed on uncompressed when reading it. And yes, if you wish to uncompress a compressed savegame manually, 7zip can do the job just fine.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 22. Jan 23, 18:17

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 22. Jan 23, 18:02
We will be providing a way for modders to continue to create uncompressed saves, but we strongly advise everyone to use compressed saves for normal use, for both performance and disk utilisation reasons. Yes, the game automatically detects whether a savegame is compressed on uncompressed when reading it. And yes, if you wish to uncompress a compressed savegame manually, 7zip can do the job just fine.
Thanks. I hope it's convenient.
Also I do normally keep it compressed. But if you want to mess around with saves, it does need to be uncompressed.

SG3Extra
x4

Post by SG3Extra » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:32

Mycu wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 19:59
It's a fantastic update.

10 minutes in beta and already:
  • the game feels 'lighter' resource wise - see big improvement in FPS both in space and map mode
  • loading time on heavily modded save is much shorter
  • new lightning looks great - it was an area that X4 lacked so far
  • 'live camera' gives fantastic feeling of a living universe, when you can see what's happening in TEL wharf few sectors away, or SCA ship fleeing somewhere
  • very welcomed imnprovements to the build menu (xyz rotation wheels - at last!)
That's just a top of the imrpovement mountain.
Can't stress enough how happy I am with this update :)
Agree, and i have also have some sugestions/wishes:
- increase the range for scaning signal leaks, because due to new physics, many time is impossible to get into range of data leak on
station surfaces "that is i find so far"
- please bring back asteroid destruction by fly trough if you fly in L/XL ship, right now L/XL ships bounce from every asteroid if you pilotong them or you are just on board, maybe also if you are whitween "in sector" range.
And now som bugs i did find:
- ship delivery missions "PIO trade missions about delivery Baldric ship to location" are signaling that ship have reach designed location, also write message that i shouls await contact fro NPC but the NPC never call, to fix it you need to save and load game.
- AI for attack surface elements "if you are in sector" works fine until it target an element which cannot be shooted form current target aproach, the pilot will disengage ant keep trying the same target aproach over and over without sucess"i did find it on Xenon K front M turrets/shield". And i thing i did destroy the Xenon K engines before, so it cannot accidently turn and expose/hide the target element to attacking AI pilot. And also it was observed with only 1 S ship attacking, maybe if there is a swarm of ships they will eventualy hit from every direction.
So far only those things i recall :).
Egosoft keep doing great job, thank you.

- i did forget some other things:
- sometime if you exit accelerator into new sector you exit in 14+k speed, not good by my opinion
- and small thing, the elevators on stations/ships are to loud for my taste.
Regards

Uwe Poppel
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by Uwe Poppel » Tue, 24. Jan 23, 20:07

SG3Extra wrote:
Tue, 24. Jan 23, 18:32
Agree, and i have also have some sugestions/wishes:
Since you are actively running X4-6.0 beta, you should have read the important notes:
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=405396
Please report all bugs separately (!) there - only there.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 14:38

Hah - nice one: just discovered / noticed the UI change for the target indicator now giving feedback about the recharge cycle of weapons. To be more precise: it is now notifiying the player that the weapon is ready again :)

Could we have a voiced version of that for the Asgard beam weapon? ("Deathray ready" :mrgreen: )

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 15:46

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 14:38
Hah - nice one: just discovered / noticed the UI change for the target indicator now giving feedback about the recharge cycle of weapons. To be more precise: it is now notifiying the player that the weapon is ready again :)

Could we have a voiced version of that for the Asgard beam weapon? ("Deathray ready" :mrgreen: )
that would be immersive as hell :)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Caribou89
x4

Post by Caribou89 » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 06:43

I am loving the 6.00 so far. The game truly does look so much better, even though it's just simple little touches. The load times are significantly faster, what would take me roughly 2 minutes to load in 5.1, now takes maybe 30 seconds.

I'm still playing around in it with a fresh start to get a better feel for the new engine. I haven't noticed anything that jumps out to me regarding Physics upgrades just yet, but I'm guessing maybe the official release will be more clear what this means.

I have noticed one thing though. A bug of sorts. I'm currently flying around giving orders to my Pilot, allowing her to chaperone me and handle the trades on my behalf and she seems to get stuck outside stations. When I take over, Auto-pilot is engaged. I'm wondering if a conflict is happening? I have to generally hop in the drivers seat and complete trades. Maybe it's because I'm standing right behind her and she's shy I don't know.

One thing I absolutely love and noticed right away however was Boso's new design! He looks amazing!

Keep up the fantastic work, Egosoft you guys are truly #1 in my books when it comes to 4X style games and just generally killing it with regular updates, fixes and additions.

SuzumeHiyohiyo
x4

Post by SuzumeHiyohiyo » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 19:07

In Beta 1, the first turret of "Bolo (Mineral)" can no longer be equipped with a weapon.

Other than that, it's pretty cool!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 29. Jan 23, 19:12

Please use the Public Beta Feedback forum, rather than this thread, to report any issues you find with the beta version. Note that in this case there is no need, as it has already been reported and will be fixed in a forthcoming build.

SuzumeHiyohiyo
x4

Post by SuzumeHiyohiyo » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 12:23

Sorry.
I was so excited about the beta that I made a mistake.
Thanks for the great update!

Blake00
xr

Post by Blake00 » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 12:40

Amazing work guys!
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls Series, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica Series, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 17:23

Update 6.00 Beta 3 now available

Space adventurers, traders, warriors, explorers - watch out for the new 6.00 Beta 3, which is now available! The team has been working on a number of areas to further improve your experience, as we continue on the road to the release of 6.00 and X4: Kingdom End. Please check out the complete changelog to see what has been changed in 6.00 Beta 3.

🎥 As we had mentioned in our 6.00 Public Beta kick off news back in January, we have lots more ideas on how to refine and improve the new Live Stream camera mode which is being introduced in 6.00. You'll be able to see some of these changes - such as the addition of faction channels that get unlocked by reaching friend status with a faction - for yourself in Beta 3. You can also now also access faction channel live streams through faction representatives or station owners, open the map in Live Stream camera mode, and switch between objects and sectors. There are plenty more changes to find, so hit F6 in your game and try it out!

🗨️ Just in case you missed our previous announcement: Our Managing Director, Bernd Lehahn, will be appearing as a guest on two live streams this month to give you some more insights into 6.00 and X4: Kingdom End. First, join Bernd on February 13 at 7pm CET (6pm UTC / 1pm EST / 10am PST) in the Gamestar "Find Your Next Game" show for a German-language show. Then, on February 24 at 2pm CET (1pm UTC / 8am EST / 5am PST), tune in to Captain Collins on Twitch for an English-language show with Bernd. Don't miss out on the chance to hear directly from Bernd about these exciting new developments, and ask your questions in chat! Mark your calendars and set your reminders now!

🏗️ We encourage all players to participate in the beta and provide feedback on the new features in our Public Beta Feedback forum.
How do I take part in the Public Beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations has the opportunity to download the new 6.00 beta version. In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum, where they will find the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta. Follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.
>> 6.00 Beta 3 Changelog
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 18:08

Yet another fantastic update!!! Thank you for all the hard work everyone. It's really coming together quite nicely and am looking forward to exploring the new changes in Beta 3. One thing that stands out to me that I think I myself am going to really enjoy is the 'engine light' being displayed when we take damage and our speed decreases. It took me forever to figure out what that was what was going on when I'd slow down all of a sudden and am so happy we have a simple indicator that appears that will prevent confusion like before. But really, just a lot of great fixes and improvements across the board. Very impressed! Well done Egosoft. You guys are the best <3 Have a great rest of your week!
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 22:06

[Beta 3] Added engine check light to indicate reduced engine functionality to HUD.
Thank you! This is a very helpful change.

Return to “X4: Foundations”