Introducing X TECH 5 and kicking off 6.00 Public Beta

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Re: Introducing X TECH 5 and kicking off 6.00 Public Beta

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 17:08

Panos wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 11:04
They could upgrade to a Heavy Machinery (Buldozer, Piledrive etc) for peanuts
Updating your software (for free) so that the customers, who paid for it, no longer can use the software -- without peanuts -- is not a "pro move".

Release of a new product with new requirements is an another story.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 17:23

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 17:08
Panos wrote:
Updating your software (for free) so that the customers, who paid for it, no longer can use the software -- without peanuts -- is not a "pro move".

To be fair - buying the game while being beneath the minimum requirements was the risk of said customers.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 20:38

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 17:08
Panos wrote:

You realize some folks with newer CPU's aren't even able to enjoy the game so people that play it with 15 year old ones can chug along? On top of that, lot of folks aren't even seeing any performance increases in 6.0 period since they removed SSE 4. It cost like $50 or less to upgrade to a CPU with SSE 4.1.. Plus, there's no way these super crusty old CPU's from 2008 that ran without SSE 4.1 were minimum requirements back in 2018. If you had a CPU that wasn't on that list, tough luck. You can't expect Devs to hold back development and punish everyone else to ensure the game runs for CPU's that they never claimed to support?

It's like someone having a gameboy and buying a PS5 game and expecting the devs of the PS5 game to develop the game around the gameboy just because they paid for the game--even though if it wasn't intended for their hardware and totally disregarding the fact that it may ruin the experience for PS5 owners and holds that PS5 game back just so they can "play" it on their gameboy. Turns out gameboy users only need a PS1 that they can buy super cheap and everyone can be happy but they instead give the PS5 players the finger lol

Seems very entitled if you ask me.
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 22:08

What even is the issue currently anyway?
And also I just checked, but you can rollback to previous versions through the Steam Beta system, so it's not like they'll be completely locked out of the game.

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 06:11

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 22:08
This viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451929 and this viewtopic.php?f=192&t=452249
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. -Frank Herbert

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 09:17

ZeroAffex wrote:
Fri, 10. Mar 23, 06:11
Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 9. Mar 23, 22:08
This viewtopic.php?f=192&t=451929 and this viewtopic.php?f=192&t=452249
Seems worrying.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 18:03

Welp - someone at Egosoft has peculiar sense of humor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYz7GgJwgO4

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 22:28

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 11. Mar 23, 18:03
Welp - someone at Egosoft has peculiar sense of humor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYz7GgJwgO4
Someone on board dropped a container with p***s enlargement pills.

I'll see myself out...
Cockpits!

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 22:23

Ignoring the questionable Teladi design, I like the animations of the builder ships. They are unique and interesting. I am wondering why none of the other L/XL ships have animations because this looks sick. (I kind of miss the moving rings of XR-Teladi ships.)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 23:38

iirc teladi aux has a rotating ring :gruebel:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 06:44

Tamina wrote:
Mon, 13. Mar 23, 22:23
I am wondering why none of the other L/XL ships have animations
Would be great, if AUXs have animation to deploy claws, like L/XL shipyards have :thumb_up:

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 10:20

Tamina wrote:
Ignoring the questionable Teladi design
What is questionable about the Teladi design? Its the best looking ship of them all, it looks like a ship made to work! The others look nice but they don't seem like they are up to get their cranes dirty and generate Profitsss. :P

MFG

Ketraar

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 14:00

S!rAssassin wrote:
Tue, 14. Mar 23, 06:44
Tamina wrote:
I am wondering why none of the other L/XL ships have animations
Would be great, if AUXs have animation to deploy claws, like L/XL shipyards have :thumb_up:
L/XL yards have animations?

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 14:11

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 14. Mar 23, 14:00
L/XL yards have animations?
No, but AUX may have animation to deploy own temporary dock in it's side to dock other L/XL-ship for repair. Deploy from mobile to shipyard state.

Uwe Poppel
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by Uwe Poppel » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 16:39

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 14. Mar 23, 10:20
Tamina wrote:
What is questionable about the Teladi design? Its the best looking ship of them all, it looks like a ship made to work! The others look nice but they don't seem like they are up to get their cranes dirty and generate Profitsss. :P

MFG

Ketraar
:thumb_up: :wink:

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 14. Mar 23, 23:58

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 14. Mar 23, 10:20
Tamina wrote:
Pretty sure the Albatros gets beaten when erecting stations. 😗🎶
Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 13. Mar 23, 23:38
iirc teladi aux has a rotating ring :gruebel:
We need more rings!!! :D

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 12:02

We're stepping up the pace now, and are pleased to announce the availability of X4 6.00 Beta 6 today, which brings with it the usual assortment of additions, improvements and fixes. As always, you can find the complete changelog at the end of this news. Please report any issues as usual in our Public Beta Feedback Forum. Thank you for your support during this beta test!
How do I take part in the Public Beta?
Every player who owns X4: Foundations has the opportunity to download the new 6.00 beta version. In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum, where they will find the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta. Follow this link to our forum (no registration required) to find the relevant information.
Gamerant.com interview
Gamerant.com recently spoke to Egosoft founder and Managing Director Bernd Lehahn about the X series, Egosoft in general and its current developments. Text interviews are a rarity nowadays, but we do still appreciate them. Which is why we wanted to point it out here. You can find the interview on gamerant.com.

We hope you enjoy reading it!

6.00 Beta 6 Changelog
  • Added Civilian and Military channels to Live Stream view (new feature in 6.00).
  • Added support for PageUp/PageDown in menu dropdowns.
  • Added search functionality to Controls menu.
  • Added Cockpit Glass Reflections setting (new feature in 6.00).
  • Added news banner to Start Menu.
  • Removed weapon group HUD indicators if ship has no weapon slots.
  • Improved Argon Federation and Godrealm starting relations with player in The Untested Explorer and The Accomplished Scientist starts.
  • Improved Terran Cadet transition into Defenders of Sol mission.
  • Improved ships fleeing Tide when far from any neutral station.
  • Improved readability of stars for NPC skills.
  • Improved sound occlusion in interiors.
  • Fixed missing relation settings for Xenon and Kha'ak in creative Custom Game Starts (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed Custom Gamestart satellite coverage option resulting in excessively distant satellites (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed Terran Cadet gamestart getting Defenders of Sol mission without having completed intro mission.
  • Fixed signal leak scan activity in Terran Pests mission (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed case of Trade Obstruction mission not starting in Avarice story.
  • Fixed case of Assemble Fleet mission getting stuck.
  • Fixed player-controlled Builder Ships being shown as available for assignment to construction sites.
  • Fixed ships with minimal storage capacity failing to pick up all containers when ordered to collect many full containers of wares.
  • Fixed ships assigned to Mimic commander with default behavior set to Protect Position failing to do so (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed subordinates of subordinates who are docked at commander repeatedly trying to dock when they cannot do so.
  • Fixed subordinate groups assigned to Position Defence not responding to group commands after loading savegame (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed incorrect station storage capacity predictions from ware reservations.
  • Fixed ships sometimes getting stuck at 50m/s (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed progress bars of repeatable terraforming projects not working after first time.
  • Fixed Ship Information menu not being usable with keyboard or controller under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed ship cockpit reflection probes sometimes showing docking bay features after undocking (new feature in 6.00).
  • Fixed several capital ships being unable to launch subordinates out of launch tubes (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed collision issues in Argon/Terran Wharf (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed Erlking not having collisions on main weapon (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed Elephant bridge clipping into geometry (new feature in 6.00).
  • Fixed several issues with surface elements of Albatross (new feature in 6.00).
  • Fixed visual glitch in Albatross bridge (new feature in 6.00).
  • Fixed Manorina (Gas) paint mod not being applied correctly.
  • Fixed flickering in Turquoise Sea with open comms.
  • Fixed Betty and other voice lines sounding muffled (problem introduced in 6.00).
  • Fixed several causes of crashes.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Worsler

Post by Worsler » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 13:37

Bugs i found:

if you dock with a S ship on any faction L ship, your max speed of this ship is 50 m/s so it is stuck on docking speed. (if you dock this ship to any station, docking speed problem is removed and back to ship max speed)

i my savegame i have alot HOP station that have no coalition map. i can fly to the hole station. (restart with beta 2 build of 6.00)

sometimes if a station get hitted or destroyed by Xen. some ships bug into the station moduls and you can not move into them.
why this happend, in some of your demolishenmodels of station moduels is the old / normal version of this modul. if a ship move against a st. modul wall. it bugs into this modul. always

with beta test 5 i have alot game crashes. random times. i never got this crashes since testing beta 2

sometimes i get PC audio lags and metalic sound fragments. i have no glue, where this comes from. but this started also with beta 5. i got this never befor in 5.10 (100hours of playing 5.10) so it comes with beta 5.
i can not repeat this or know how this realy happend. but its only in x4. for all other games that i play and stuff i do on my PC. there i no broken audio at any time

missing conclusion map for this small transport ships at stations. some of them are imposible to hit.

----
what i realy miss:
grafik setting to set min fps, if you tab out of the game, when it runs in maxed window mode.
why?
i play sometimes more then 1 game at the same time, so if X4 run in background with only 8 to 10fps pc starts lagging

a setting to activate sound, if you have tab out of game. sound is always muted and i not found a option to activate this.

SYSTEM:
Win 10 Enterprise - v 22H2
ram: 64GB ram
CPU: AMD X5900
grafic: GTX 1080

my system setting have no problem befor beta 5 tested. so yeah

when do you plan beta 6 with fixes ? :D

edit:
beta 6 nice! i start typing before it gets posted :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 13:41

Nobody will see your bug reports here.
The very first post in this thread wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 18:04
We encourage all players to participate in the beta and provide feedback on the new features in our Public Beta Feedback forum.
The very first post in this thread also wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 18:04
In order to ensure that beta participants are aware of the risks and rules involved, we ask all interested players to visit our forum, where they will find the rules and disclaimers, as well as practical instructions for participating in the beta.
The post immediately above yours also announced Beta 6, which was released today.

ZeroAffex
x4

Post by ZeroAffex » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 05:50

Just wanted to say "THANK YOU!!!" to all the wonderful, beautiful people here at Egosoft for another quality update to Beta 6.0 and so quick off the last update too! I still have plenty left to test and explore with all that's been adjusted and fixed but so far it's looking good and playing relatively good (think I lost a little FPS this update but still early testing and not as bad as Beta 4).

Regardless, I have been dealing with a lot in my life these last few years and the joy you all bring me with your games is truly priceless to me and just really means a lot all the hard work that goes into your games for my enjoyment. Not only that but I really appreciate how much you care about us and listen to our feedback and just how well you treat your fans. You guys are the BEST! :roll: It's just been an incredible ride to watch X4 grow to where it is today and I am grateful to have been able to be apart of it. I'm super excited for the future, not just for Borons but whatever comes after (hopefully lots more X4!).

Just wanted you all to know I think you're awesome and thanks for the update. I love you guys and hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep up the great work but also, make sure to get some rest too. Take care!

Return to “X4: Foundations”