Teuta: Dismantle Wreck not working?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Teuta: Dismantle Wreck not working?

Post by Scoob » Sat, 24. Dec 22, 22:02

Hey all,

I captured a Teuta that I'd not put to work yet, so, after ordering three Manticore Tugs, I set to remedy that.

I'd recently taken out a BUC station, so thought that the ideal candidate. I selected the Teuta, right-clicked on the station wreckage and had the "Dismantle Wreck" option highlighted (not greyed out) so selected it. My Teuta proceeded to fly to the wreck, but cancelled the order as soon as it arrived. I thought perhaps the Captain's level was too low (only one Star) and as a two Star Captain is required for the "Autosalvage" behaviour, I thought the two might be linked. So, I changed the Captain - Autosalvage now available - but the "Dismantle Wreck" order still self-cancels constantly. Can we not salvage station wrecks or something? The UI allows me to issue the command, so I assume we're supposed to be able to do this? Not tried salvaging a station before.

Caedes91
x4

Re: Teuta: Dismantle Wreck not working?

Post by Caedes91 » Sat, 24. Dec 22, 22:47

Stations cannot be dismantled. Teuta can only dismantle and compress capital ship wrecks or natural scrap.

Excerpt from a steam guide by Steam-user Pandorian (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2810269037):

"These are the sectors that have naturally occurring scrap listed in highest concentration to lowest concentration with approximate values.

Silent Witness XII - 191,000,000
Hewa's Twin V - 37,556,000
Rhy's Defiance - 22,434,000
Getsu Fune - 20,206,000
Windfall IV - 3,829,000
Scale Plate Green I - 3,534,000
Family Nhuut - 516,000
Faulty Logic I - 147,000
Fires of Defeat - 137,000
Matrix #79B - 122,000
Grand Exchange III - 59,046
Heretic's End - 51,380
Tharka's Cascade XV - 46,861

..."

But the game is still bugged as of now. Teutas won't find natural scrap in Heretic's End and Family Nhuut at least.
Silent Witness XII, Getsu Fune and Windfall IV definitely work.
If more sectors are bugged too, I cannot confirm.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 24. Dec 22, 22:52

Thanks for confirming. I wasn't sure whether they could or not, but as the UI allows us to issue the order, I thought perhaps it was possible. Hopefully this feature will be finished with v6.0, so the command actually works.

I usually set myself up in the Silent Witness sectors for effectively limitless scrap. Still quite early-game, so maybe I'll still set up a recycling centre there.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 25. Dec 22, 01:30

Caedes91 wrote:
Sat, 24. Dec 22, 22:47
Stations cannot be dismantled.
Teutas can also dismantle stations.

However, this is very buggy right now. When a Teuta attempts to dismantle a station, the greyed-out station may bug and become unable to be fully dismantled and never despawn, causing the faction's station slot for that station to be occupied forever, making impossible for the faction who owned it before to rebuild it. In my current game one of my Teutas tried dismantling a destroyed PAR trading station, it bugged out, now there is a permanent greyed out PAR trading station wreck and now PAR can't rebuild it as long as the grey wreck still exists (aka indefinitely). If that happens to a faction's only shipyard they'll never be able to rebuild any ships.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 25. Dec 22, 12:10

Oh, that explains why we're able to issue the command on a station wreck then. For me, nothing went quite so screwy, rather the command just self-cancelled the moment the Teuta got near the station. Attempting to re-issue the command saw it insta-cancel.

The station wreck did fully despawn for me after a short while, then BUC started rebuilding elsewhere in the Sector. I do hope Station salvage is working in v6.0 as it'd be very satisfying to break down an enemy station wreck in order to build my own stations when I take over that sector.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 01:42

I thought I'd follow up on this because, as I type, my Teuta is dismantling a Station wreckage just fine!

I'd not long ago destroyed an SCA Station and was surprised to see my Teuta - which is on AutoSalvage behaviour - heading down that way. It eventually arrived, and then slow-boated the last few km to get to the station. It then stopped, and deployed Construction Drones, which are now actively dismantling the station wreckage.

So, I guess it DOES work...sometimes, so it's a bug when it doesn't.

Chris2000SP
x4

Post by Chris2000SP » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 23:18

I recently tested the Teuta in 6.0 Beta (496124) and i discovered that "In Sector" it works, but "Out of Sector" it has bugs. I see on the map a Xenon K dismantled by my Teuta but if i go in this Sector the Teuta stays there doing nothing and the wreck didn't render but showed on the map. I see Qubes glitched into each other there. Maybe a bug in 6.0 with spawning qubes OOS and get IS bugging.

EDIT:
I will Upload a Save file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17UcG9M ... sp=sharing
Mumble Server: mumble.coding4.coffee

Belphegor2_3
x4

Post by Belphegor2_3 » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 09:38

I have a Teuta in 5.10. It is installed near a defence station of mine, which provides a lot of xenon bodies.
I works fine, but it once stalled : blocked on a K dead body, doing nothing, for hours.
I used the "clear all orders" and it returned to work.
I don't know if the bug appeared when IS or OOS, but it usually works fine OOS and doesn't crash when I go IS. For now the bug appeared only once in my game.
I never tried to dismantle a station and am not in position for testing it for now. Sorry.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 11:53

I find the whole idea excelent that there is a compactor introduced that can compact wrecks, however I'm missing the point of logic here. Can't disassemble stations? Why not? Those are also wreackages litter around as the Xenon for one place stations everywhere without grandeur. (And we love to kill them)
The problem arises when in contrast of such a big ship needs little tiny vulnerable ships towing the scrap to ..... we have to tell them where every time, and even if we do, it is imparitive that the captain of those tugs have a high skill, apparently, because they get stuck in transit doing actually nothing but holding a piece of scrap the whole time not delivering it one sector further. They are so increadibly stupid that you wonder, why that is.
So for moving scrap we need a little tug, and that needs a few fighters to protect, is so obsolete. They should be able to protect themselves, AI should make them get the hell out of a bad situation instead of fighting enemies or try to seek some sort of shelter close by, a station or big cargo 'friendly' ship. This would be nice and less to worry about, to check about.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”