X4: Kingdom End - Egosoft reveals the Boron reunion

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: X4: Kingdom End - Egosoft reveals the Boron reunion

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 18:18

Think they look fantastic myself, pretty much exactly the sort of thing I hoped they'd create for X4's Borons. Though I'd guess difference of opinion could perhaps be a matter of preconceptions about what Boron ships should look like. To me the X4 Boron ships are distinctly reminiscent of the old X2 Boron aesthetic (particularly all those trailing tentacles), rather than their much more bulbous X3 counterparts. As far as I'm concerned that's a very good thing, though I guess they might also look just a bit odd at first sight for people who first encountered the Borons in X3 or later & were perhaps expecting something closer to that.

thegreybetween
x4

Post by thegreybetween » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 18:45

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 09:36
Ouch, so this means we will be constrained by savegame compactibility much longer :(

I'd really want to start fresh, if only to get rid of copy/paste stats on ships.
Am I odd in that I prefer that all of the DLC is integrated into the same master framework? I was new to Egosoft with X3, and it was pretty confusing (and annoying) to find that each new chapter of the game was a standalone item. I really appreciate that X4 releases DLC into the existing game so that the universe grows without bloating my library and segregating all of the various adventures into mutually exclusive silos. I do get the frustration with updates invalidating saves, but it seems like a relatively reasonable price to pay for a much bigger sandbox to play in. Expansion seems much better than compartmentalization, IMO.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 19:19

thegreybetween wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 18:45
mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 09:36
Ouch, so this means we will be constrained by savegame compactibility much longer :(

I'd really want to start fresh, if only to get rid of copy/paste stats on ships.
Am I odd in that I prefer that all of the DLC is integrated into the same master framework? I was new to Egosoft with X3, and it was pretty confusing (and annoying) to find that each new chapter of the game was a standalone item. I really appreciate that X4 releases DLC into the existing game so that the universe grows without bloating my library and segregating all of the various adventures into mutually exclusive silos. I do get the frustration with updates invalidating saves, but it seems like a relatively reasonable price to pay for a much bigger sandbox to play in. Expansion seems much better than compartmentalization, IMO.
There are some pros to that indeed - but also some cons. It mostly is a blocker for introducing major changes to areas where X4 is seriously lacking - like e.g. more faction and role defining ship balacing (stat-wise: radar range, number of internal S-/M-docks, missile capacity, turret loadout etc.) or changes to the universe / sectors (like more / less / no highways, different solar powers in core (release-)sectors). Egosoft won't touch those points in order to not break long running savegames (>1000h).

In each DLC, Egosoft partially adresses those points - but only for the new DLC assets. So we are getting into more trouble with each DLC as the core assets (Argon, Paranids, Teladi) are left behind. There were some changes to the core game as well (e.g. new asteroid yield distribution) which riled up the other side of the fence. (as changes are the most evil thing you can do to a human :D)

Thus releasing a new standalone X4 game is considered a silver bullet to break this blockade and further enhance the game. It's the compromise nobody is 100% fine but has no other choice then to accept it.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 20:23

chew-ie wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 19:19
So we are getting into more trouble with each DLC as the core assets (Argon, Paranids, Teladi) are left behind. There were some changes to the core game as well (e.g. new asteroid yield distribution) which riled up the other side of the fence. (as changes are the most evil thing you can do to a human :D)
I've always found the assumption that that they would actually buff the OG to be funny. Like they could just as well be nerfed.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 20:45

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 20:23
I've always found the assumption that that they would actually buff the OG to be funny. Like they could just as well be nerfed.
Yep, sometimes you end up with the Zeus E...

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 21:05

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 20:45
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 20:23
Yep, sometimes you end up with the Zeus E...
Zeus E is at least fast. Like really fast.
Same couldn't be said of the other carriers...

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 21:41

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 21:05
Just not a characteristic I need on a carrier. I need a carrier to be fast enough to keep up with it's fleet but more than that is an inconvenience (a carrier arriving at a battle well ahead of it's destroyers is just asking for trouble). What I mostly need from a carrier is the capability to transport, maintain & deploy S & M ships. Zeus E is woefully inadequate in that regard.

However, judging by what we've seen of the Shark so far that doesn't seem to be a problem I'm going to have with the Boron carrier.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 17:20

One of the Boron capital ships in the trailer reminded me of the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Very appropriate I thought.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 17:44

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 21:41
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 21:05
Just not a characteristic I need on a carrier. I need a carrier to be fast enough to keep up with it's fleet but more than that is an inconvenience (a carrier arriving at a battle well ahead of it's destroyers is just asking for trouble). What I mostly need from a carrier is the capability to transport, maintain & deploy S & M ships. Zeus E is woefully inadequate in that regard.

However, judging by what we've seen of the Shark so far that doesn't seem to be a problem I'm going to have with the Boron carrier.
I wonder if the Boron carrier would be like the OGs. Minimal landing spots, large internal storage and the tons of launch tubes we've seen.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 20:04

Think, we see fast start from open docks at both sides of ship. Launch tubes will give much more speed to fighters. Looks like, Shark have 7+7 S docks at sides.

Expect, Boron ships be more shielding, than speedy. Terrans occupy travel speed and Split - cruise.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 13:29

Will there also be time to improve the load plans we made when building a station and aparently not all items are available? Why not let it ask the player if it wants to let these unavailable items out of the plan? which results in gaps, or replace it with an object that the player posesses blue prints off? This way and with this question, the game can ask if it must reorganize the loadplan, so that it is not useless in a long list of loadplans for building stations...
Or do we keep piling up the loadplan list for no use? I hope Egosoft does a check and asks us players what really need to be taken care of.. It is so messy! :cry:

paiku
x4

Post by paiku » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:39

When would this be the case, i can only imagine if you mix terran and Commonwealth. I don't think this is very important.

Petzer
x4

Post by Petzer » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 16:44

A little information drip would be nice, there are only so many times i can rewatch the teaser. Even some screenshots of a Boron s-sized solid storage module would help me to get my fix :)

xenoncore123
x4

Post by xenoncore123 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 14:53

I hope I get to move in 3D space in Boron ships, also known as the popular aquatic sport, swimming.

Also the Kha'ak did nothing wrong...
"We are an island nation. What we lack in men, we can more than make up for in ships"

King Henry VIII- Tudors TV series

My virtual presence. Depressing isn't it ? :P
https://linktr.ee/scarrior

Moessus

Post by Moessus » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 17:56

PLEASE fix the AI. I see it in the release information, but please make this a priority. It should not be in it's current state after this many DLC's...

Add an orbit command, keep at (or engage at) X distance command (maybe max weapon range). Add some mechanics that will prioritize bringing destroyer cannon's to action, or broad siding. Anything would be an improvement, but this should certainly be a priority. Thanks.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 21:39

Moessus wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 17:56
PLEASE fix the AI. I see it in the release information, but please make this a priority. It should not be in it's current state after this many DLC's...

Add an orbit command, keep at (or engage at) X distance command (maybe max weapon range). Add some mechanics that will prioritize bringing destroyer cannon's to action, or broad siding. Anything would be an improvement, but this should certainly be a priority. Thanks.
Have you seen the latest 6.0 beta patch announcement?

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 12:26

Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbfez5ljdE4 for some previously unreleased X4: Kingdom End gameplay scenes :!:
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 14:50

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 21:39
Have you seen the latest 6.0 beta patch announcement?
Have you try the new beta?

Bombardment is a good improvement, it helps alot for OOS battle, especially for countering Xenon capital fleets.

But high attention AI fleet battle is still hilarious.

Ships wandering around for no obvious reasons, capital ships shoot vacuum and hug stations. There isn't any sign of formation and it still takes ages for capital ships to move to the coordinate attack positions.

Physics and visual get decent improvement, but AI is still meh.

EgorG
x4

Post by EgorG » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 15:06

Hello.
I ask you to consider the possibility of finalizing the logic in the game, namely:
1. Add roles to large ships:
- captain, assistant captain, maintenance personnel (responsible for the flight model, shooting, repairs)
- manager, assistant manager (responsible for supplying the ship with food and elements for repairs, managing trade and trade transactions)
- paratroopers (defense against boarding, boarding)
2. Add your daily need for food and water!
3. Enter the remuneration of any personnel (wages). If they don’t pay or don’t feed for a long time, the staff can leave, and even with a ship.
4. For repair, "elements for repair" (spare parts) are required in the hold of the ship (supply is the responsibility of the manager, assistant manager).
5. Requires "food" in the hold of the ship for the staff (supply is the responsibility of the manager, assistant manager).
6. Requires "ammunition" in the hold of the ship (supply is the responsibility of the manager, assistant manager).
7. Add a station for the preparation and training of the landing.
8. Add the ability to change into a certain form of personnel, a group of personnel (service personnel to wear a certain form, etc.).
9. Pirates often board ships to take the ship with its cargo.
Make the world more alive and complex.
Thank you for your hard work.
"translated into english with google"

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sat, 21. Jan 23, 20:45

EgorG wrote:
Sat, 21. Jan 23, 15:06
I ask you to consider the possibility of finalizing the logic in the game, namely:
Most of that is low value micromanagement, which provides significant amount of busywork but is very short on fun.
But I support 8, increased personalization of npcs would be great. Even if it was between already made assets.

X Rebirth had a few more roles, but we didn't lose anything meaningful by boarding value coming only from marines instead of marines + defense officer, or repair speed from service crew instead of crew + engineer. Manager is still manager, and there's no Architect which is again simplification without losing anything meaningful.

Return to “X4: Foundations”