Docked ships set to auto attack - Modded game.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

charstar

Docked ships set to auto attack - Modded game.

Post by charstar » Tue, 29. Nov 22, 21:53

So I was celebrating the capture of my first Asgard and decided to take it into Hatikvah where there were 8 Ks and an I reaping havoc. I have two ships docked (1 small and 1 medium) that I use for doing story plots or just running around. This was great fun until i drove into the swarm of fighters and my docked ships decided they should join the fight where they were seriously out gunned.

I can call them back to dock, but the instant they dock, they get a new behavior which is "Attack [auto]" which goes to the top of the list. I can't see any way of stopping this from happening. I tried setting the dock and wait behavior and a few other behaviors with no effect. The only way i resolved this was by demoting the captains to service crew. The ships still have this behavior set, but there is nobody there to execute the command.

I have installed Kuda Ai Tweaks and suspect this has something to do with it, but really not sure.

Thanks for your help.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Docked ships set to auto attack

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 29. Nov 22, 22:16

Yes, that sounds like Kuda's modded attack gameplay at work as that doesn't happen to my fighter ship docked on my capital in vanilla, not even when the docked fighter takes some hits during the melee. It does sound rather like they are being sent out on an intercept behaviour by default under non-vanilla circumstances.

You could try sending them to internal storage to see if that restrains them. Also try setting their docked/launched mode to docked, which should make them inactive once docked - if the mod allows for this.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

charstar

Post by charstar » Wed, 30. Nov 22, 02:33

OK, I found a bit of a work around. If I assign my two ships to my Asgard as "Mimic", then tell them to dock and wait this seems to mostly work. I was able to enter a few small battles and they stayed put until one of them suddenly decided to "withdraw". I was able to remove this order and tell it to dock again.

This feels like I am doing something wrong. There must be a better way.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. Nov 22, 10:50

No idea, you would have to talk to Kuda or maybe Kuertee about their mods over in the S&M forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”