Shipyard traders only buying one item.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddgit
x4

Shipyard traders only buying one item.

Post by oddgit » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 19:22

Hi all, I have a shipyard built with some trade ships assigned, it in a sector with a some of my stations that build all of the parts needed to build ships, but for some reason the shipyard traders only are looking for advanced electronics. I even set it to trade with all factions not just me. Is there some odd quark of the AI that it will go after something it thinks it really needs? I know station traders often get hung up looking for drone parts.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Shipyard traders only buying one item.

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 22:51

Moving to the gameplay forum from Tech Sp as no information or save was given for the devs to investigate.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Tue, 29. Nov 22, 00:21

First guess would be that your shipyard is starved of Adv. Electronics and as such the manager is giving out priority trade jobs for it. If a station has a critical lack of any particular ware it needs to produce, this is what happens. Once your stock of Adv. Electronics has recovered, trade jobs will normalize or flip to whatever other ware is in critical need.

If you produce your own Adv. Electronics it might make sense to set that station to only sell to your own faction (at least for as long as it takes to shore up some stock) as it's quite likely the station is selling its produce to NPC stations rather than to your own shipyard.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 29. Nov 22, 18:23

If they still cant buy the problem could be with manually set buy offer's price, if it is too low the traders will refuse to trade without profit.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 30. Nov 22, 00:00

Advanced electronics are probably a critical ware due to the low storage amount. Station traders only look to buy in critical wares as a long as at least 1 ware is critical.

The solution is to increase advanced electronics production to alleviate the shortage.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Wed, 30. Nov 22, 03:45

Thanks for all of the suggestions :) I did not know that there were critical level, just figured they would buy all of the stuff it needed. I had never really paid attention to my shipyards before.

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Tue, 27. Dec 22, 16:46

One issue I found along the same line is not having a buy set. And or if trying to get the station traders to sell the items not have a sell set. Wish we had a copy setting for the over view of the station. So I do not have to sit there and set each item.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

Return to “X4: Foundations”