The Mediators Mission: Build a Paranid Palace

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baggins46

The Mediators Mission: Build a Paranid Palace

Post by Baggins46 » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 15:22

I have built all the modules for this expensive monstrosity, but it also requires 180 turrets and 80 shield generators. I have bought the blueprints for these, but I cannot see any way to add them to the build, unless I have bought blueprints for ship turrets and shields, but they were the only ones I could see in the representatives list. Any help please?

Raptor34
x4

Re: The Mediators Mission: Build a Paranid Palace

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 15:42

Right click on your modules to set loadout.
Defense modules can pack more guns and shields.
Or just do the preset if you don't really care how well-armed it is.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 16:11

As Raptor says above, or if you personally want to decide what and where, you can also click the little edit loadout button to the right of appropriate station modules in the listing in the build plan screen.

Production, storage and habitation modules etc can usually take some defences in their loadouts as well as for the dedicated defence modules. Remember to keep count as you go along if you want to keep the costs down rather than making the station defences as strong as possible.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Sat, 26. Nov 22, 14:25

I have the 'Palace' built now except for one defence disc that requires turrets, but the build was finished before sufficient turret components were delivered. I have tried delivering them myself but when I transfer them, they don't appear in the list on the right-hand side of the Plan Build. It appears the station is taking them but not using them to complete the build. I have tried hiring another builder but when I click on 'hire builder' it just says 'no builder is required'. What am I doing wrong?

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 26. Nov 22, 14:39

Normally you should be able to still deliver them in the 'build' part of trade/transfer wares section. Builder builds the station modules, but not the components. That is the station itself that does it (no manager needed). Note, do make sure all the turrets are energy turrets. Missile turrets don't count (if needed they are mentioned separately as 'missile turrets').

Baggins46

Post by Baggins46 » Sat, 26. Nov 22, 14:43

I just ordered my Helios to trade turret components and 30 seconds later the station was finished. Thanks for the help.

Return to “X4: Foundations”