Is there any record of incoming messages from pilots?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Submarine
x3tc

Is there any record of incoming messages from pilots?

Post by Submarine » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 12:30

I keep getting alerts from pilots and for one reason or another I cannot pay attention to them.

So I cannot respond and the time available is too short and I can find no way to look them up.

I mean for example, received an alert found an abandoned ship, while I am in a furball with a P in a light fighter.

I cant mess about with that plus the previous kills, plus loot info and switchng current target are messing with the messaging so I dont even see who it is from, just hear the audio message.

So then I try to look up the message and there is no way to find out who sent it, I have a list of over 40 ships to check.

Is there a record of incoming messages somewhere?

If I go to map>player>logbook>alerts it is blank. Is that a bug? There are records of every trade transaction but I cannot find a record of alerts like fabulous discoveries of free ships.
bloop

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Is there any record of incoming messages from pilots?

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 12:49

There are lots of factors involved such as whether you have set up the notifications for events and what actions are to be taken on encountering them. Sometimes these are through the global response defaults you have set, or possibly something that you can set up for individual ships in their individual behaviours screen.

Anyway, you can search the player log entries for phrases such as 'abandoned' using the supplied search tool - that usually helps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 13:18

Submarine wrote:
Tue, 22. Nov 22, 12:30
If I go to map>player>logbook>alerts it is blank. Is that a bug?
That section of the logbook is for user-configured alerts, which can be created in Global Orders. If it's blank it probably means you haven't got any alerts setup. Can be well worth doing. For example I usually have an alert to keep track of Xenon capitals if they leave their own sectors. Every 2 minutes it'll check whether there's a Xenon capital within detection range of one of my assets & notify me which sector it's currently in. These notifications are recorded in the alerts section of the logbook, along with a handy icon I can click on to open the map for that location.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 13:58

Notifications like abandoned ships are logged. You can search your message logs to see them.

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Tue, 22. Nov 22, 19:06

Thanks for the tips. I tried the search and it looks like an abandonded ship should be possible to track down, so it looks like I did not understand how it worked, may also have misinterpreted that particular alert as it is not evident.

I have set up a K alert now and that works. So getting the hang of it.

It is a bit confusing, the alerts syetem. There are frequent voices saying we are under attack etc and half the time you cannot work out who said it as the voice activity indicators are transient and too shortlived and it seems like distress beacons are often not evident, I am guessing they cannot be seen unless you have sensor coverage.

I would have thought the point of a distress beacon would be to make a signal everyone can see throughout the system. Would suggest they ought to show up on the map without sensors and also ought to act like a temporary satellite and reveal the location with some kind of ring-ping effect on the map. Otherwise the sound effect is not actionable.
bloop

Return to “X4: Foundations”