Auto repair?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddgit
x4

Auto repair?

Post by oddgit » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 18:23

Other than in an attack fleet, is there any way to get a ship to go get itself repaired? For example if a ship gets caught in the tide, or decides it wants to trade with one of the stations sitting in the poison fog of the void and has hull damage, rather than keep flying around broken why doesn't it go get repaired, ships can auto buy new ammo.

Raptor34
x4

Re: Auto repair?

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 10:28

For starters you want global orders auto resupply or w/e it's called to be set to high/max.
For the rest, apparently putting resupply ships around works, not sure if they need to have specific orders though. Also can't remember if they need to be at destinations or can just be enroute.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 15:34

I thought the aux ships had to be in a fleet for them to function. I know they fix their fleet when you have auto resupply set to max. i am thinking more of random traders and minings ship that sustain damage. Why cant they go to a NPC owned dock and repair.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 15:39

Not really. I do not know the full extent of how it works but aux ships do repair random ships that pass by.
Try assigning one to defend a station so it sticks around there and see how it goes.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 16:11

oddgit wrote:
Sun, 20. Nov 22, 15:34
I thought the aux ships had to be in a fleet for them to function.
Aux ship can have supply behaviour without being member of any fleet.
Then it just waits for customers on the last spot you did order it to.

On the other hand, the ships that do only "Hold position" will just wait, even though they are next to aux.
Ships on "Defend position", i.e. "fleets in active duty" do automatically get occasional "Re-arm" orders.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 03:54

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 20. Nov 22, 16:11
oddgit wrote:
Sun, 20. Nov 22, 15:34
I thought the aux ships had to be in a fleet for them to function.
Aux ship can have supply behaviour without being member of any fleet.
Then it just waits for customers on the last spot you did order it to.

On the other hand, the ships that do only "Hold position" will just wait, even though they are next to aux.
Ships on "Defend position", i.e. "fleets in active duty" do automatically get occasional "Re-arm" orders.
Thanks jlehtone!! i never noticed the supply fleet default command on the aux ships, very cool.

Return to “X4: Foundations”