Can I mass-clear failed orders?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Can I mass-clear failed orders?

Post by LameFox » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 09:55

I have a few carriers, and many of their fighters have failed docking orders due to arriving at (or returning to) the ship while it was in travel drive. It's annoying to see all this orange stuff, but there's no way I'm going through and clicking dead orders away on something like 60 ships. This leads instead to having to select all of them, remove all orders and assignments, and re-assign them to their various roles.

Is there a way to just get rid of the failed orders in large numbers? I would not even mind turning them off entirely as I've tended to find them vague and unhelpful when there's a real problem, and annoying when it's not a real problem (like a moving carrier).
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can I mass-clear failed orders?

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 13:43

.. or just have them time-out after a while.

Some sort of change in these notifications has been asked for several times. Here's just one example.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 14:40

Something like autosave settings could work I guess, for people who want them to persist a long time, a short time, or not at all.
***modified***

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 21:08

Failed orders is actually one of the things that had good intentions but poor implementation that does more harm than good.
Like in my game almost every single station trader (~150) stations has failed orders. It’s impossible to see at a glance if everything is working fine because of that. The message also isn’t useful most of the time.

Falcrack
x4

Suggestion: Failed orders auto expire after 30 minutes

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 03:07

The failed orders can really get annoying. Lots of the time, there will be a failed order, and it will persist even long after the situation has resolved. How about they failed order gets removed after a short period of time (30 minutes maybe)? At worst, the failed order will reappear if the situation that caused the failure persists.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 13:21

Would prefer a method of mass clearing failed orders (e.g. dialogue option for station managers or fleet commanders), rather than having them being automatically cleared after a set amount of time. Generally find the failed order notification useful as a means of identifying problems, usually indicates I've made a mistake with how I've got a station configured. I don't routinely check all of my assets every time I open the map (generally more interested in what's happening in my immediate surroundings) so only having a short window to see those failed order notifications (e.g. 30 minutes as suggested above) means they might well expire before I've noticed there's even a problem.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 15:33

I think a failed orders tab in the log with a "clear all" button would fix this problem. It gives you a one-stop-shop to look over failed orders and then clear them all. A global behavior for "deleted failed orders after XX minutes" could be nice as well.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 18:03

I prefer automatically created orders to time out while manual orders should stay.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X4: Foundations”