Behemoth Recalling 4xFighters as Drones?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Behemoth Recalling 4xFighters as Drones?

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 14. Nov 22, 21:28

So, I have a Behemoth with 40 fighters assigned in 4 groups of 10 and all set to attack, however the 2 defense drones on board are set as disabled. The Behemoth is assigned to protect a position near a gate, has all fighters launched and as a group they do a pretty good job destroying almost everything coming through. However, I was watching once when the Behemoth left the assigned position circle attempting to catch an S, but when it finally gave up it recalled 4 of the fighters and reported "recalling drones" for this process. While it was waiting on those 4 fighters to dock, all of the others froze in place and even sat still while another xenon was attacking one of them. I selected one of the groups of 10 and ordered them to attack the xenon which they did, but the others just sat still until those 4 were docked on the Behemoth. Once the 4 were on-board the Behemoth slowly turned around and proceeded to it's assigned area, but the remaining fighters zoomed ahead and did not attack other xenon emerging from the gate until the Behemoth entered into range and initialized attack mode.

Do I have my settings correct or should I be assigning things differently?

Thanks,

-Baddieus-

Raptor34
x4

Re: Behemoth Recalling 4xFighters as Drones?

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 15. Nov 22, 09:47

That's working correctly.
Subordinates do not have any self-protection orders at all and exclusively follow what they are specifically ordered to do.
In your case you want fighters assigned to Intercept so they can at least hunt S/M ships on their own, but I'm not too sure how it interacts if their commander just flies out of the defense zone, reason why I prefer carriers as the fighters just auto-dock instead of hanging out in space to die. This would of course not help against L/XL where your fighters would just stay there and die of course.

Although there might be some bugs, afaik it shouldn't be recalling fighters at all.

Return to “X4: Foundations”