Parking fine

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Parking fine

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 12:51

I don't listen to the Boron. Therefore, I can't blame Boso, can I?

I have almost completed terraforming mission Black Hole Sun. In order to start that, the Research Station did teleport to BHS.
Lots of my ships around it. Plenty of local ARG Custom scans on them. Several hours, probably days.

Now, ARG official did warn that I have an unlicensed station plot in BHS. I had not paid the whopping 3000 credits for it! :?

Sure, if the Mass Teleport Usage Manual has section about licenses, then I have completely missed it. :oops:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Parking fine

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 13:15

Not bad that, only 3k Cr for unannounced mooring of a supercomplex in somebody's backyard! :D

Yes, it has been discussed a few times and the devs once thought about either incorporating the fee in the transition, or of showing a reminder in-game. As examples of a few discussions, IG notes it here and I mention it here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 16:06

Indeed.

The funny part is that the "any faction police that come across your HQ plot will flag it" as predicted by IG did occur a really long time after the intrusion. If I were not skimping on the tf-tasks, I had teleported out before they even saw me there. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 17:02

Come to think of it, wasn't there a thing where the plot doesn't immediately update?
I vaguely remember checking to pay the plot fees after teleporting, seeing nothing wrong and then hours later getting a rep drop warning for unauthorized plot usage.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 14. Nov 22, 09:41

hahah,

won't that escalate further though e.g. : fine, fine, rep hits etc..?

plans already forming in my head.. bait police/customs patrols into PHQ teleport sphere, destination : Leap of Faith :twisted:
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Return to “X4: Foundations”