X4: too easy to make money

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Senternit
x4

X4: too easy to make money

Post by Senternit » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 13:09

Buying Advanced Satellites on Equipment dock for 46-50k and selling them on Wharfs for 64k is very easy way of making money. 1mil per couple of jumps. Why bother with trading ships when fighters make you rich in no time. I don't like it=)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: X4: too easy to make money

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 13:45

Biggest downside is it can't be automated. Requires continual involvement by the player since each ship can only have a single upgrade order at a time. Really not something I can be bothered doing. Still vastly prefer to use a manually operated trade fleet to get my early game cash. A few minutes setting up queued buy/sell orders at the start of a session keeps them profitably busy for many hours, while I get on with doing more interesting things.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 14:12

X4 credit earning really ramps up when you reinvest your money. Make money & invest the money in even more profitable ventures; be it traders, miners, stations or any mix of it. Watch the credits soar.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 17:13

Senternit wrote:
Sat, 12. Nov 22, 13:09
Buying Advanced Satellites on Equipment dock for 46-50k and selling them on Wharfs for 64k is very easy way of making money. 1mil per couple of jumps. Why bother with trading ships when fighters make you rich in no time. I don't like it=)
And how many jumps would that be to buy a 200+ million credit destroyer? That kind of gameplay gets boring real fast, and is therefore self-limiting. It's much less boring to set up a couple of M-class miners and let them do all the work while the player does the fun stuff. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 17:30

And how many jumps would that be to buy a 200+ million credit destroyer? That kind of gameplay gets boring real fast, and is therefore self-limiting. It's much less boring to set up a couple of M-class miners and let them do all the work while the player does the fun stuff.
The path from dish washing guy to Billionaire in X4 is really accelerated compared to previous games. Which is unfortunate, as the early game was a lot of fun in X3 - surviving against the odds (if you play the harder starts where few people like you), salvaging bits and bobs, feeling vulnerable. Arguable even more fun than late game, because at lategame you know that nothing can stop your snowballing wealth.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 17:33

To be fair, there are way faster methods of making money than trading adv sats in the early game.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 18:06

rene6740 wrote:
Sat, 12. Nov 22, 17:33
To be fair, there are way faster methods of making money than trading adv sats in the early game.
Like trading Katanas. :twisted:
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

ahostofissues

Post by ahostofissues » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 02:56

Senternit wrote:
I don't like it=)
Then… don’t do it?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 09:20

There is roughly 10M worth of free ships people can claim that always spawn in fixed locations at start.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 12:41

ahostofissues wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 02:56
Senternit wrote:
I don't like it=)
Then… don’t do it?
That is one option and might be feasible for this specific case.

Usually, "feels like cheat" action tends to have "side-effects" that one cannot afford to refuse.
For example, X2 Xenon Invasion Mission had off-the-charts reward, but also had a jolly good fight. One had to ask whether the kills were worth the too many credits, rather than simply skip those missions.

Does the "Sat transfer" have side-effects? Does it affect reputation? Does it transfer materials from NPC Equipment Dock into NPC Wharf, or does it merely drain ED's storage?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 13:11

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 12:41
ahostofissues wrote:
Sun, 13. Nov 22, 02:56
Senternit wrote:
I don't like it=)
Then… don’t do it?
Blabla...........

For example, X2 Xenon Invasion Mission had off-the-charts reward, but also had a jolly good fight. One had to ask whether the kills were worth the too many credits, rather than simply skip those missions.

Blabla..........
Ohhh, how do i miss this mission. Good old days are gone.....Now i feel sentimental :tuichdoch:

Return to “X4: Foundations”