[Suggestions] More Ship information & UI

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Smart_Bomb
x4

[Suggestions] More Ship information & UI

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 17:49

Just a quick-easy suggestions to the ship information statistics when shopping for a new ship and UI:

• At all ship yards when purchasing a ship add a new category: 'Type' to narrow down the ships category you are looking for which will also help in the ship comparison tool as well. The types can include: Scouts, interceptors, Gunships, Gunboats, Corvette, haulers, miners, ext.
-this would allow easier to find types of ship for the purpose your looking for, easier to compare ships of a specific type, and later to be able to add alternative versions of the same ships that our geared for different tasks much like we have sentinel or vanguard, that can be expanded with more variety's or different type of ships in the same category. More and alternative versions of ships = amazing for the x-universe.
  • Expand ship comparison tool from 3 to 6 ships (there is more than enough space to do so)
  • Allow you to compare weapons as well
  • Display the total amount for - small, medium and large: Weapon, shields, engines, and missile Hard-Points, A module of a specific type you can add to the ship
  • The ship comparison tool to also display within the build menu but only for that stations ships and equipment
  • When typing in to search for a ware for trade, much like a google search; start to guess what you're trying to type as your typing it and only alloy you to press return once a specific item is selected (so if you spell it wrong it wont let you start searching for something that doesn't exist.)
  • New order that make every civilian, military or both ships in a whole sector stop what they are doing and follow a new command (i.e. flee to adjacent sector or dock some where if the sector is under attack or incursion)

This would allow more clear information instead of counting hard points an comparison tool would allow easier decision making rather than jumping out of menus and jumping over to another ship station to look at another ship.
Last edited by Smart_Bomb on Fri, 7. Oct 22, 19:04, edited 5 times in total.
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

LughC

Re: [Suggestions] More Ship information

Post by LughC » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 23:38

Better access to information would go a long way in general but they seem to have some strange emphasis on "figure it out"

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 23:57

Smart_Bomb wrote:
Fri, 30. Sep 22, 17:49
  • Add a ship comparison tool within the build menu
Ship comparison tool is available in the encyclopedia. Bottom icon on left. Can compare up to 3 ships. If you want to access the encyclopedia directly from the ship building screen right-click on any item of equipment & then click on 'encyclopedia'.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 16:35

LughC wrote:
Fri, 30. Sep 22, 23:38
Better access to information would go a long way in general but they seem to have some strange emphasis on "figure it out"
and I like that aspect to a certain extent, but it gives you so much ship detailed information I don't understand why not hard points?

If they wanted to make it more of a figure it out game play, then how about give us no information on any ship other than the chassis and you would need to scan a ship down, much like you do stations, to be able to unlock all of its information and statistics.

This information will then display at shipyards, equipment dock, and the comparison tool.

GCU Gray, thanks for that I had found it over the weekend, so I was happy with that, but I still think it should be added to equipment dock and ship buying menus.

[ external image ]

Smart_Bomb
x4

Re: [Suggestions] More Ship information & UI Improvements

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 7. Oct 22, 19:06

Added a few more little things that I think would make the X4 experience better and a little less janky.

[ external image ]

Smart_Bomb
x4

Re: [Suggestions] More Ship information & UI

Post by Smart_Bomb » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 00:10

Do you think Egosoft will ever get around to adding descriptions for the weapons, equipment and wares that are still missing?

*No information available*

Isn't this just a txt file that you could put in something brief so I don't have to math it out or check online? Just seems weird to me to not type in 3 short sentences.

[ external image ]

Depleted
x4

Post by Depleted » Mon, 31. Oct 22, 21:45

The game has been out for a few years now, it's coming up to its 4th or 5th expansion, the ingame information is still nonexistant just like the wiki page, nah they don't like information nor do they care to provide it.
It is frustrating when you open the encyclopedia and "No information found" like oh yay, i totally know what that does and how to use it.
It gets old having to use google and find forum posts from 5 years ago that explains basic tutorial things.

Pejot
x4

Post by Pejot » Thu, 3. Nov 22, 20:04

Instead of more info in comapring/building ship menu I would rather focus first on more info while piloting without the need to go across multiple menus.

Thing I would improve is:
- radar scale while piloting L/XL
- Info about HP and Shield of turrets/engines in piloted L/XL
- internal display of rear and sides cameras in cockpit of piloted ship
- cargo hold space and what is inside
- info about subordinates (number and types of ships)

It would be more QoL change then some additional stats in comparison menu.
"Never listen to what people say. Just watch what they do."

Chrisjen Avasarala

Return to “X4: Foundations”