[Request] Rear camera hotkey.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

[Request] Rear camera hotkey.

Post by S!rAssassin » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 11:02

Please, add hotkey to quick look behind!

If game engine does not alloy to create window with rear camera, give us possibility to fast switch to rear camera with hotkey. Just like most car racing simulators.

Correct camera positions on ships - mandatory :D

S!rAssassin

Re: [Request] Rear camera hotkey.

Post by S!rAssassin » Sun, 9. Oct 22, 21:46

Nobody? Come on, even X-Tension have hotkey to look back! And it’s been useful!

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Mon, 10. Oct 22, 18:11

+1

I would go further and make all the numkeys default config to be bound to angled views around the ship.

Additionally. perhaps pressing shift allows you to toggle free camera mode so you can quickly look around your ship in the middle of a fire fight would be pretty awesome too.
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 11. Oct 22, 07:54

Smart_Bomb wrote:
Mon, 10. Oct 22, 18:11
...numkeys default config to be bound to angled views around the ship.
Not default, but possibility to setup. And some UI upgrades for full experience third-person gameplay.

But in first-person we have full experience only with eye-tracker and have some with mouse (hotkey fo mouselook - present), but have nothing with X-Box gamepads!

:!: Give us hotkey for free look by right stick!

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 13. Oct 22, 23:54

It would be nice. But it would take time to implement. If you simply made the camera rotate 180 degrees to face backwards, you'd end up looking at the back wall of the bridge/cockpit.

The devs would have to add a new rear-facing camera node to each models of the dozens and dozens ships the player can control.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Fri, 21. Oct 22, 15:42

Also, please add real external view mode, with the reticule and ship info like first-person mode.

I like to look at my ships and not the boring cockpit all the time. Scanning data leaks really sucks that way. Current F2 points directly into engine exhaust and is blinding, while blocking the view.

Return to “X4: Foundations”