Unmodified legit having an Asgard at 54minutes playtime.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: Unmodified legit having an Asgard at 54minutes playtime.

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 15:19

linolafett wrote:
Fri, 23. Sep 22, 09:14
I guess a new speed run category was born :D
I guess you have seen my other posts then :)
Yes, this is the X4 'speedrun' foundation, so far.
It is the most legit efficient start I have conjured.
At least without glitching or exploiting bugs.

'From what I read in these posts I wasn't clear enough saying how lucky this start is in the variables that are random, and specific to seed.
I can do it faster, if I have the bit of information on how to specify seed, because I could have started the boarding in Terran space if I wasn't confused about where the Asgard was and did the important scouting for it more efficiently. It can be done 10-20 minutes quicker. It might not sound like much; however, stations take time to create and the quicker I can start boarding using the Asgard and then building as many stations as possible simultaneously for an economic cascade effect the quicker the terraforming will be completed.

The Asgard with Mk3 thrusters and a twister modification feels gracefully accurate, agile and quick. It is surely fun ship to fly, although so powerful that the game lacks any real opposition to it. An example of this is 'travel mode fly by' boarding, or destruction of other L and XL ships using the XL main battery beam weapon while in travel mode, 'fly by' style.
Credence follow stars.

Return to “X4: Foundations”